DPS and EHP Spreadsheet

Quote from sssdrawr

130 sounds like a set bonus

You sir are absolutely correct, 130 int from my 2 piece zuni set. Thank You Sir.

Dunno if the spreadsheet has a section for set bonuses. Guess ill just throw it in somewhere.
    Right now I don't have anything for set bonuses. I was just going to toss it in somewhere, like add to a socket on my ring that doesn't have a socket or something so if I break the set I can see the dps difference. That's what I would recommend doing for now.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    I made a minor change to the spreadsheet today. I added a box for +attack speed % in the MH column in the Item Comparison tab. This is mainly for anyone wanting to compare a new 1h+OH combo with current 2h.
    My Wizard
    Fixed an error in which I was using the 1.0.5 values for Energy Armor and Prismatic Armor. The current version of the spreadsheet should be using the 1.0.4 values.

The EHP Threshhold table has also been corrected. I had accounted for the expected 25% inferno nerf in the separate version of the spreadsheet I update continually with my gear before converting to the published version.
    My Wizard
    hi, for some reason the calculator shows that my DPS is ~120k, but in game it's only a bit over half of that... what am i missing? the char profile - eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sanzi-2486/hero/17847684

Edit: k, found it - i was putting the the +49% damage to the "bonus damage %" field, where it's not suppose to be.. where should i put the +% damage bonus from weapon? or it doesn't matter?
    so i took the "+% damage" away, but still, it shows like 20k more DPS than it's in game. The character stats (green in the spreadsheet) all match the in game ones, but the DPS is off..
    Quote from dcorp

hi, for some reason the calculator shows that my DPS is ~120k, but in game it's only a bit over half of that... what am i missing? the char profile - eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sanzi-2486/hero/17847684

Edit: k, found it - i was putting the the +49% damage to the "bonus damage %" field, where it's not suppose to be.. where should i put the +% damage bonus from weapon? or it doesn't matter?
    so i took the "+% damage" away, but still, it shows like 20k more DPS than it's in game. The character stats (green in the spreadsheet) all match the in game ones, but the DPS is off..

If you read the notes or the first post, it clearly says to not put your bonus damage % anywhere in the spreadsheet. If you dont have it listed anywhere but are still having issues, I'll need to see a screenshot or something of your entries.

EDIT: I'm going to take a guess and assume you're putting in the bonus damage from your weapon somewhere. Don't do that. I dont just mean the bonus damage % but also the +min and +max damage. If that's not the case, just post a screenshot of your Equipped Items page and I should be able to figure out what's going on.
    My Wizard
    Small edit, I changed the Notes tab to Help, since Help seems like a more likely tab to be looked at when someone needs help with the spreadsheet.
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

Quote from dcorp

If you read the notes or the first post, it clearly says to not put your bonus damage % anywhere in the spreadsheet. If you dont have it listed anywhere but are still having issues, I'll need to see a screenshot or something of your entries.

EDIT: I'm going to take a guess and assume you're putting in the bonus damage from your weapon somewhere. Don't do that. I dont just mean the bonus damage % but also the +min and +max damage. If that's not the case, just post a screenshot of your Equipped Items page and I should be able to figure out what's going on.

Yeah, i rushed a bit with the post, before reading the notes clearly. Yes, you're right, i was putting the +min +max damage in the wrong place. Are these stats entered in the spreadsheet at all? i have +228 min and +245 max dmg and +48% damage on my weapon, does that affect the DPS at all, where do i put them?
    Quote from dcorp

Quote from Loroese

Quote from dcorp

Yeah, i rushed a bit with the post, before reading the notes clearly. Yes, you're right, i was putting the +min +max damage in the wrong place. Are these stats entered in the spreadsheet at all? i have +228 min and +245 max dmg and +48% damage on my weapon, does that affect the DPS at all, where do i put them?

No, for the weapon those are not entered at all. If you have bonus elemental damage instead, you would enter it because it plays a role with dps calculation involving "Adds +x elemental damage" affixes. The reason those aren't entered is they are already taken into account to calculate the damage range of your weapon in the tooltip.
    My Wizard
    Hi. Let me start by saying: great job!

Now with the problem: the spreadsheet is showing a DPS value that is about 1.2k DPS under what is shown in-game. I triple checked every value, and couldn't find the culprit (my weapon does not have +% dmg). I'll leave a screenshot.
    If you (or anyone) can help me figure it out, it'd be much appreciated.

Quote from maka

Hi. Let me start by saying: great job!

Now with the problem: the spreadsheet is showing a DPS value that is about 1.2k DPS under what is shown in-game. I triple checked every value, and couldn't find the culprit (my weapon does not have +% dmg). I'll leave a screenshot.
    If you (or anyone) can help me figure it out, it'd be much appreciated.

Do you have a link to your online profile I can see to check everything out? You're welcome to PM it if you'd prefer to keep it off the forums.

EDIT: Do you have some bonus damage on jewelery, in some combination of min and max damage that totals 67? If so you should include those values in the min+damage and max+damage boxes.
    My Wizard
    Damn....you're right! My ammy has 19-40, and a ring has +9 min dmg. Thanks, mate!
    Bug fixes:

I fixed some bugs with the Item Comparison when using the 2h compare option with a 1h+OH equipped. The bugs were mostly EHP related but also the socket wasn't being treated correctly if one was present on OH. Instead it was being carried over to the new 2h setup in the item comparison.
    My Wizard
    Another minor update.

I added DPS and EHP stat weights to the Equipped Items tab because the values in the Simple tab don't take everything into account since it is no longer being updated. I also included stat weights relative to 1 Int for reference so you can get an idea of how much Int 1% crit is worth (for my gear, 1% crit is effectively the same as 32.7 Int).

Note that these stat weights are only exact for adding one specific stat. If you add 1% crit AND 1 Int, the weights won't be exact. For an example, 10% crit is worth 327 Int for me, dropping 10% crit for 327 Int won't necessarily give me the same dps. They're more useful as a rough guide when searching for upgrades on the AH but to get more precise results, use the Equipped Comparison tab.
    My Wizard
    Bug fix:

I once again had the wrong Energy Armor and Prismatic Armor coefficients. They should be correct for 1.0.4 now.
    My Wizard
    I cant type in my values into the spreadsheet, am I doing something wrong? It only loads as if it were pictures for me =/
    Quote from Shanto94

I cant type in my values into the spreadsheet, am I doing something wrong? It only loads as if it were pictures for me =/

You'll have to save a copy of it to your hard drive to be able to use it.
    My Wizard
    Hello, very nice spreadsheet!
    Used it for a while and everything was calculated perfectly. But now dps differs significantly from the number shown in game.
    Here is my spreadsheet (i reverted colors): docs google com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AniZnRV_QC-zdDBQQ2JYWHZMU2VyTElkQURVT2s5R2c
    And here is my in game screenshot: ompldr org/vZmw2ZQ
    The difference started with new Ring 2 shown at the screenshot. If i put it off dps is exact. Am i doing something wrong?

P.S. can't post urls, LOL
    Quote from kamre

Hello, very nice spreadsheet!
    Used it for a while and everything was calculated perfectly. But now dps differs significantly from the number shown in game.
    Here is my spreadsheet (i reverted colors): docs google com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AniZnRV_QC-zdDBQQ2JYWHZMU2VyTElkQURVT2s5R2c
    And here is my in game screenshot: ompldr org/vZmw2ZQ
    The difference started with new Ring 2 shown at the screenshot. If i put it off dps is exact. Am i doing something wrong?

P.S. can't post urls, LOL

I don't think you're doing anything wrong if it works exactly for everything if you remove the ring. It might be the ring. I've seen a few instances where the actual damage range shown on a ring doesn't really match with the dps gained from the ring. Just to be clear, you don't have any follower selected in the screenshot?

If you add 22 damage somewhere, like change the ring damage from 11-24 to 22-35, it should give you the correct dps value. Try that, and remove a couple pieces and see if it still keeps the correct dps. I think you just got one of those strange rings that doesn't display the correct damage.
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

Just to be clear, you don't have any follower selected in the screenshot?

No followers.

Quote from Loroese

If you add 22 damage somewhere, like change the ring damage from 11-24 to 22-35, it should give you the correct dps value. Try that, and remove a couple pieces and see if it still keeps the correct dps. I think you just got one of those strange rings that doesn't display the correct damage.

Yes, this solved my problem! Thanks! I was lucky to buy even better ring than it looks like:)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes