800M budget for a brand new Archon wizz

Quote from pichapie

ditch shocking aspect. it does not work well with archon due to archon attacks having low proc rate. you're better off with either scramble or energy armor-pinpoint or force armor.

Reactive armor is also a good option if you want to maximize effective dps. I hear it procs on plague, desecrator, fire chains, etc. but I haven't tested it myself to see what all procs it.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    i have tried this reactive armor on my archon and it's quite fun actually but then again it's not for glassy archons (low vit/armor/all resist even in archon mode)

i wouldn't suggest reactive armor in high mp but of course we all have different playstyle :D
    If I can make up the armor loss of dropping pinpoint I'd probably switch to reactive Armor. The main reason I use pinpoint is because EA pushes me over the breakeven point against RD. It only give me like 1260 armor but that ends up being 75k EHP, or about 16% less damage taken.
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    why not just go blood magic with your ls weapon? that's as tanky as archon can get against RD :D
    I think Loroese mostly goes with BM, as do I.

Personally, I do feel a difference when not using Energy Armor as I feel a little bit more squishy. I do however, run with SA every now and then to change things up, but I always go back to Energy Armor - Pinpoint Barrier.
    Quote from pichapie

why not just go blood magic with your ls weapon? that's as tanky as archon can get against RD :D

I do use BM with LS weapon, but without the 1200 extra armor I lose life against RD which is a big difference than gaining life against them. I really could use some AR or armor on my gloves but the crafting RNG gods haven't been smiling on me as of late.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes