How/Where to upgrade my wizard

As the tittle say, i am closing down to 100 lvl and i am starting to rebuild some of my pieces of gear.
    I have decided for cm/ww spec as i think farming on mp 5-6 is much safer and would net me close to archon if not the same in terms of speed. Also a big factor is if i decide to go play coop with friends in archon i am screwed.

So to start of, i was thinking of getting a new ring obv with 8+ AS and 4.5+ CC, I was looking for the Unity for dmg and +200 LoH tht would bring me close to 1k, or the Litany for the AR or just some random yellow one with similar stats. Also the Head will be replaced with Storm Crow that has 5.5-6 CC.
    As i am sitting on 550 AR atm i planned to switch the belt for the one with ~50 AR. The last thing would be the offhand, switching to one with 8+ APOC would bring me to like 26+ and really help the freezing.
    I would be on 2.55 Aps and without heavy modification of my gear i don't think i can go higher to 2.73.
    Other option would be to get new neck with 500+ Loh and replace my pant with depth diggers or even inna's.

So could anyone comment on my thoughts, any of them good or should i be looking to do it differently.
    My budget is ~600 Mill.
    Also here is the semi-link to the character as i can't post the full one.
    http: //eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Majstortona-2829/hero/20152824
    You can look at the 2.51 and 2.73 APS sections of my guide if you want some suggestions about reaching those breakpoints. If you're going to use a Chanto combo, both with APoC, you should be fine with 18-20 (preferably 20 though), so you can get a mempo instead of Storm Crow for helm. I personally went with a blackthorn amulet with crit for my 2nd LoH (1050 total with 2 BT items). I highly recommend using the 2.73 APS breakpoint for ubers since you can keep Kulle from teleporting with 45-50% crit. It takes more like 60-65% crit at the 2.51 breakpoint.

If you're going to stay at the 2.5 breakpoint, I'd actually look into getting an APoC Triumvirate and a black weapon (preferably a dagger with max IAS and open socket). The weapon will make your Zuni boots more useful and you'd only need 51% IAS on gear to reach 2.51 APS, which you can get from 6 pieces, of which you seem to have 3. The problem is you'd need to replace your hellfire ring with an IAS ring, as well as your amulet and gloves. There's more about that 2.5 breakpoint in my guide though.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Actually i have read your guide several times and all this ideas are going trough my mind and i just don't wanna spend 600 mil as u cant undo the purchase of an item. What about andariels visage, it gives both as mempo with cc is out my reach?

Edit:
    Also what about the famous formula
    0.125 x CC% x Apoc x Coef/6 .

By this i get much more gain if i stay at 2.5 Aps and 28+ Apoc then going for 2.7 Aps and 20+ Apoc.
    Again in my head the more i can spam, more dmg i do and also have the freeze more often but again i could be totally wrong, and yes my main goal would be to farm elites not doing ubers so much.
    I don't use that formula. I'm at around 6 with my stats and I don't have any noticable AP problems, despite the recommended value being 8-9. If I corner Ghom I can kill him while my AP stays almost full the entire fight. Also, it only applies to single target, and you spend most of your time against more than 1, even with ubers where you spend about half the fight or longer with 2 mobs to hit. My simulator also indicates a lowered use of APoC after 20 at the 2.51 breakpoint. If I dropped to 2.51 APS I'd probably still use 20 APoC.

For Andy's Visage, it's a great DPS helm if you have APoC on OH and Weapon and don't need the extra EHP that a Mempo gives and don't need the LoH from a Storm Crow. I want to use one in my CMWW gear, but I can't afford the EHP loss.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    So here is the final itemization, head/offhand where only 180 mill, managed to snipe it somehow.
    Honestly i am pretty happy how my stats turned out, probably will try to farm gold until i can afford trifecta amulet and then try to get to the higher aps breakpoint.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes