Wizard Group Play

hey there fellow wizards

as i have started to do more and more groupplay lately with my wizzard - mostly uber bosses on mp 6-7 - i was wondering if there are any apporved builds for that.

My current build looks like this (cant post links yet)

Electrocute - forked lightning
    Diamond skin - higher shielding amount (forgot name)
    Teleport - Fracture
    hydra - vernom hydra
    Time shell - IAS boost
    Energy Armor - FA

Passives: Illusionist - GW - Glass Cannon
    Even if the illusionist + Teleport + Time shell - combination works pretty good (as it makes rezzing fallen partymembers a breeze), i was wondering if there are some combinations for groupplay i might have missed so far.

Furthermore id be glad if some1 could clarify my understanding of the following passives:

Cold-Blooded: i know that it increases any kind of dmg done to frozen/chilled enemies but i doubt that this counts for party members too, right?!
    Conflagration: it says something like (cant recall the exact wording) "burnt enemies take 10% additional dmg from all sources" so i figured that this should account for party members (else wise this passive would be utter crap compared to CB).

any suggestions are appreciated

cheers
    BIkeIsGone
    From what I've heard, cold blooded only works for you but conflag works for party.

I use CMWW for ubers.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    I'm also using CMWW for ubers, it's simply the best thing thing for your group when you can keep the ubers in stunlock and your group mates can just go dps all the way. However, if you already have a tank it might be worthwhile to look into other specs. One thing to differentiate, though, is whether you have large groups of enemies (i.e., regular farming) or 1-2 enemies (ubers). Makes a huge difference.

I would really really really be interested in a group build. On low MPs running with 2 demon hunters I feel completely useless; my Archon is almost on cooldown all the time and I don't want to put on my APoC gear because I lose quite some DPS, so I'm basically left with Living Lightning (tried all other signature spells and didn't like them). Well, maybe chain lightning is quite okay, too. But nothing really to come close to the dps that my DH friends are pulling out...
    Quote from Bagstone

I'm also using CMWW for ubers, it's simply the best thing thing for your group when you can keep the ubers in stunlock and your group mates can just go dps all the way. However, if you already have a tank it might be worthwhile to look into other specs. One thing to differentiate, though, is whether you have large groups of enemies (i.e., regular farming) or 1-2 enemies (ubers). Makes a huge difference.

yes, i kinda forgot to mention that i am usually playing with a barb (slightly less dps than me) and a low to mid level-geared monk (70ish k dps), so standing still and unloading all my dmg isnt really the problem, as long as they dont die, that is.

as for CMWW. i simply dont like it. i tried it out at one point, but i consider all that button-smashing as rather tiring and boring and am therefor looking for alternative builds.
    While farming, i am using an Archon build, which simply works way better solo than in a group (every creep i dont get the killing blow on, is really really slowing me down).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes