Budget Wizard speed farming and why I ditched Archon

By the way, Jaetch, your wizard is absolutely ridiculous.
    They are still slower, alot slower. 25% ms from storm armor is so much less than the other classes. And ofc that shows in the xp per hour. Its stupid to claim other wise. But feel free to prove me wrong. Go make 70m xp in 1 hour on a wizard.

Geared wizards are the higher monster powers are godlike, but thats a whole different matter,
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    i have to agree with jaetch on pretty much all of his points especially in his first post about leaving the wwbarb/monks starved for the resources needed ^.^ on a side note if you get the right mouse you dont need a keyboard to play archon wizard mb1 - force move mb2- teleport and then right click beam of death what more is needed!
    Quote from dabishi

i have to agree with jaetch on pretty much all of his points especially in his first post about leaving the wwbarb/monks starved for the resources needed ^.^ on a side note if you get the right mouse you dont need a keyboard to play archon wizard mb1 - force move mb2- teleport and then right click beam of death what more is needed!

Potion button :P

On a serious note, I should try that now that I have a naga :D

I'm also more inclined to believe Jaetch, a high paragon top dps wizard, over someone who hasn't even gained any paragon levels on his wiz, when it comes to farming efficiency with wizards.

I really should compute my xp per hour sometime, though that woud actually require me actually to farm.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    I'm currently trying to record an hour's worth of paragon grinding, except I don't think my computer likes it when I have multiple memory-eating programs all opened up at once.

I ran for about 20 minutes earlier on (8:38 p.m. - 8:55 p.m. EST) and gained about 19M EXP without a Hellfire Ring or Leoric's Signet. So if I run 60 minutes at that rate (for 19 * 3 = 57M) with a Hellfire Ring, that'd be about 77M EXP per hour.

My goal is 60M per hour, so that's what I'm trying to record right now.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    psh potion button just take the death! but really keyboard is still in front of me so if needed i can use it regardless but 99% of the time i just use the mouse
    Quote from Huminator

They are still slower, alot slower. 25% ms from storm armor is so much less than the other classes. And ofc that shows in the xp per hour. Its stupid to claim other wise. But feel free to prove me wrong. Go make 70m xp in 1 hour on a wizard.

Geared wizards are the higher monster powers are godlike, but thats a whole different matter,

I've been running a rush blizzard build for a few level, above 78Mxp/h average on my last few paragon levels. This run is ~8M xp, 5mn45 (not yet optimized, I run faster now):

Explanations here: http://us.battle.net...opic/7173257311
    The blizzard rush build
    http://us.battle.net...opic/7173257311

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Eiy4oh94g
    Quote from kraal

Quote from Huminator

I've been running a rush blizzard build for a few level, above 78Mxp/h average on my last few paragon levels. This run is ~8M xp, 5mn45 (not yet optimized, I run faster now):

Explanations here: http://us.battle.net...opic/7173257311

very nice run... i ll try it defintly
    Definitely saw the one-shot Blizzard spam build before used for paragon leveling (or basically one-shot AOE spam). It's legit. That's the whole point. It's not like wizards are starved for speed paragon EXP.

Maybe there's finally a use for Frostburn Gauntlets :P
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Very nice video, thanks for sharing. I'll try that out, always interesting to test something new. Last time I used Blizzard I didn't like it, but mainly because I was blizzard sorc in D2 and the new mechanics just didn't fit my playing style.

Anyways, some questions:
    1) Don't you miss a lot of loot by just casting Blizzard and running away? For me, getting loot is more important than getting XP, but it's just a personal thing. I'm totally fine with a few less xp/hour just to make sure that I didn't miss a drop.
    2) This seems like you need a shitload of dps. I wouldn't try this with less than 100-150k dps on MP0, and higher dps for higher MPs. Or is Blizzard that strong? You don't want to stand and wait for everything to die in the full duration of a Blizzard cast... so I'm not sure about the word "budget" in the title.
    3) Just a general observation: why are people always running Tower of the Damned clockwise? Isn't counter-clockwise much better? The main reason is that when I run counter-clockwise, I can see if there is an elite pack on the stairs to the next level, and if I want to kill them I can go there with a detour on my way back; or I can directly kill them with my Archon and IF they drop a legendary, pick it up as I go further.

But nice idea. I also like your rationale for that in the official thread, nice thinking. If only Blizzard would stack like in good old D2... I would Blizzard the shit out of D3.
    Quote from Jaetch

Definitely saw the one-shot Blizzard spam build before used for paragon leveling (or basically one-shot AOE spam). It's legit. That's the whole point. It's not like wizards are starved for speed paragon EXP.

Maybe there's finally a use for Frostburn Gauntlets :P

Wizard are a great class, on par with the others for XP, farming and above for Ubers. Gearing it is definitely not cheap though.

About Frostburns, they are an affordable entry ticket to blizzard rush, though gloves being one of the most important part DPS-wise, even 30% Frostburns do not beat solid trifecta.
    I'd make the switch if they had increased AP/regen (D2 style !), as AP flow is very important for the build.

Quote from Bagstone

Very nice video, thanks for sharing. I'll try that out, always interesting to test something new. Last time I used Blizzard I didn't like it, but mainly because I was blizzard sorc in D2 and the new mechanics just didn't fit my playing style.

Anyways, some questions:

Thanks for your appreciation.
    1) Until Devs fix legendary pings on minimap, legendary drops can be missed. Most mobs die offscreen.
    2) It's a high budget farming build. 200k buffed DPS and good mitigation are more or less required. So it's a bit offtopic, but I wished to answer claims that Wizard cannot farm XP as effectively as other classes.
    3) A habit I took when I still included Arreat1 in my runs. Stairs are faster to reach clockwise. I'll try the other way !
    The blizzard rush build
    http://us.battle.net...opic/7173257311

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Eiy4oh94g
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes