Stone of Jordan, worth getting?

Hey, ive been wondering wether or not its a good idea to aquirre a Stone of jordan with 30% damage vs. elites lately, as well as having the increase of critical hits on Fire blast on or even twister?

Im currently playing cm wiz permafreeze spec on mp10, and i was thinking of getting one last night, but not really sure if it drops me in dmg too much or if its just a waste of gold.. anyone tried this out? Worth noting is im currently running natalya's ring+boots for the 7% extra crit, as well as a pretty decent hellfire ring

Bacon#2722 for reference.
    DPS wise the 30 damage vs elites is rediculously good since it's a multiplicative bonus that applies to your overall dps. If your effective dps is 100k, the ring adds 30k. My rings are only adding around 12-18k of my 100k or so, but I don't have trifecta rings or anything fancy. Basically, if the loss of potential EHP isn't a concern, they are viable alternatives, dps wise, to other high dps rings, but you should be sure you do some price checking of high dps rare rings first since, not that I have any clue what prices SoJs are going for.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    I spotted a SoJ yesterday for 25m, so its not that expensive, about the same price of a "bad" or low trifecta ring if ur lucky..

But yeh thats what i thought as well, i thought more of a ring to have ready to equip when facing elites, then putting normal ring bcak on for whites.. Hmm ill go hunt for a cheap one ;p
    That's what I was thinking too, since a lot of time might be spent killing trash mobs, especially if you're cranking up the MP for CM. Also, if it comes with it, I'd recommend one with crit on twisters, since that will give you the biggest benefit in terms of CM procs and maybe even dps, since you get far more tics of WW than EB blasts. Again, I don't know much about SoJs though so I don't know what all affixes they can roll.
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Yeah i thought that was best to, Its hard to spot good sojs tho, cus only thing u can only search for 2 of the base stats, so u have to search through all the various class skills
    just dont search for Soj just type in say max ap, bonus to elites 30% and that will make it all wizard Sojs
    That would work great if you could search for max AP on rings. I really wish there were a few more search options for some slots but you still can't search for affix not normally found on the slot.
    Quote from Loroese

That would work great if you could search for max AP on rings. I really wish there were a few more search options for some slots but you still can't search for affix not normally found on the slot.

It does work, just keep your search under 'all armor' & filter by damage vs elites & max AP without searching specifically for Soj's & they will show.
    Quote from harmonic2

Quote from Loroese

It does work, just keep your search under 'all armor' & filter by damage vs elites & max AP without searching specifically for Soj's & they will show.

Ah, you just have to put some value in for bonus vs elites, higher than 4 or you also get storm crows. I tried earlier with leaving the field blank and didn't think to put a value in. Thanks for the clarification.
    The 30% SoJ's are ridiculously expensive. Try searching for something between 27% and 29%. You don't lose out by much, and the prices goes down exponentially. I can't remember exactly what I got my 27% SoJ for, but I recon it was somewhere between 500k and 1.5 million
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes