Getting destroyed by the new reflect damage fix on packs on PTR 1.05- Am I the only one?

So they fixed how reflect dmg works, so it correctly reflects all the dmg.. instead of bugging and dodging...

Now before reflect dmg was pretty hard.. but now... wow.

I can bearely touch monster packs with reflect dmg... my hp goes down FAST...

I got 1500 life regeneration

I even tried with blood magic rune

i got good resists, lots of HP for my wizz.. and 190k dps..

Anybody else having problems with reflect dmg on the PTR?
    Quote from MasterFischer

So they fixed how reflect dmg works, so it correctly reflects all the dmg.. instead of bugging and dodging...

Now before reflect dmg was pretty hard.. but now... wow.

I can bearely touch monster packs with reflect dmg... my hp goes down FAST...

I got 1500 life regeneration

I even tried with blood magic rune

i got good resists, lots of HP for my wizz.. and 190k dps..

Anybody else having problems with reflect dmg on the PTR?

Have fun DH, the class that stacks dex as a MAIN stat which contributes to dodge. You should be happy as a wiz that int gives you AR. DH really needs a skill that converts dex to AR or STR. If a wiz can't handle it, a DH sure can't.
    As a barbarian, I had the same issue, reflect dmg monsters were horrible ...
    As we need a lot of dmg to deal with ML 5+, it's impossible to survive these damage for so long when fighting elite pack with this affix.
    Hope they will change it :|
    my wiz has 600 ar in patch 1.0.5 and I have to kite like a mad against reflect damage monsters
    played around with monster 4-5 now..

at monster 4 even, I have to be careful when i archon... reflect dmg does TONS TONS of dmg now... godd.... nerf it abit blizzard .. come on..

Make it like 40 % of your dmg done, instead of 90 % or so... it needs a slight nerf.
    Yeah, I agree, there is a huge difference in reflect damage between the PTR and Live. It's really crazy, I have to assume it's some sort of bug, because it's much, much higher than the change to the dodge mechanic should account for.
    I'm currently waiting for a bid on a weapon to finish up in AH before I can play again. Reflect mobs were a pain to begin with, but usually I can get by just fine as long as they don't come with either Vampiric, Horde or Extra Health. I have about 2,000 life after kill, so I try healing by taking out nearby trash mobs to compensate. With a new weapon coming in with 2.90% life steal, I'll see if I can put up with them. I didn't notice anything too drastic when I tried PTR, but we'll see.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    ever hear of life steal? with 2.3% on my wep my health doesnt move at mp4-5 (850 buffed ar if i remember right)
    Quote from dabishi

ever hear of life steal? with 2.3% on my wep my health doesnt move at mp4-5 (850 buffed ar if i remember right)

Sure.... i'll find a weapon like mine... ALSO with life steal on it.. problem is.. its probaly 400m then... and i dont have that. so..

Besides, as I already explained, i used blood magic rune, that has life steal, and it made little difference..

1500 life regen is quite alot, + i got heals from my templar etc..

you shouldnt NEED lifesteal in order to deal with reflect dmg mobs when i got this high regen and ar

thats my point.
    Quote from Jaetch

I'm currently waiting for a bid on a weapon to finish up in AH before I can play again. Reflect mobs were a pain to begin with, but usually I can get by just fine as long as they don't come with either Vampiric, Horde or Extra Health. I have about 2,000 life after kill, so I try healing by taking out nearby trash mobs to compensate. With a new weapon coming in with 2.90% life steal, I'll see if I can put up with them. I didn't notice anything too drastic when I tried PTR, but we'll see.

Frankly I don't get it... I mean... you probaly have 900m worth of gear or whatever.... and u only got life on kill regen... and u got like 300k dps? Wtf.

and .. you dont have problems with reflect dmg mobs ? :S

I got like 190k and i got alot more regen than you do, and im getting mashed totally...

also with your kind of dps... you should be dying EXTREMLY fast to reflect mobs... so ? Tell me how you survive please.

And what about when you meet a pack with no trash mobs? Whatta ya do then?

Sure 2.90 life steal might help, but im not thinking its supposed to do a whole lot?

I guess that's cos most of your main dps comes from attack speed, and not from pure damage like int, crit and critdmg, like mine does..

I have little attack speed on gear, yet i still have like 190-200k dps... maybe thats why im feeling it harder
    life regen = bad. Get even a little bit of life steal, and you should be ok.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

life regen = bad. Get even a little bit of life steal, and you should be ok.

just alittle bit of lifesteal is NOT okay..

read my posts....

It's lame that we HAVE to get lifesteal on weapon in order to even do anything bout reflect dmg now... its too powerful
    in all honesty why wouldnt you want lifesteal on your gear makes it so you can easily watch a movie or tv and lol in archon with little to no worries of dieing(just keep an eye on the red globe and a finger near your potion for when reflect damage happens and your be fine)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dabishi-1132/hero/1260965
    for those wondering
    Quote from dabishi

in all honesty why wouldnt you want lifesteal on your gear makes it so you can easily watch a movie or tv and lol in archon with little to no worries of dieing(just keep an eye on the red globe and a finger near your potion for when reflect damage happens and your be fine)
    http://us.battle.net...32/hero/1260965
    for those wondering

Sure if u got 1 billion gear like u do.. it's easy..
    i have the same problem and i got about 600-700 AR atm in the ptr and EVEN @ MP3 i get destroyed by reflect mobs...

while i can kill everything else... this is WAY too much dmg.... NEEDS fixing imho!!
    Life regen is pretty much useless as Archon against reflect damage mobs. The reason is you kill the mobs in say 5sec, and they have some 1-2 mil hp. Your life regen gains you 7500 over 5s. 1.5% life steal would gain 11250 life, per target at 200k dps over that same 5s. With just 1 target it might be close but when you factor in the extra mobs from a rare pack or the whole group for a champion pack, Life Steal is much much better than life regen, and life regen does practically nothing.

I haven't tried the PTR yet, but if the 1.5% life steal isn't enough at MP0 or MP1, then you have little choice but to either do something creative build wise, like pop out of Archon, pop DS, then pop Archon again and hope you can kill the elites fast enough, or you'll need more Life Steal to deal with the reflect damage mobs.

However, if all they changed to reflect mobs was the lack of ability to dodge the tics, I don't see why it should be all that much harder than on live, since we only dodge about 10-20% of them, so you'd take 10-20% more damage, which doesn't seem so bad. If the damage taken from the mobs is that much more there might be some bug with them.

Also, what MP level are you talking about? If you're looking at MP4-5, for example, try lower levels like MP0-2. I would expect the 1.5% life steal to be fine at MP0 or 1 because you can kill elites even faster than now since they'll have fewer hp than in 1.0.4.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    i was clear in my post.. i am talking about MP3 which is jsut a tick above 1.0.4 in terms of HP and dificulty ...
    and i am getting DESTROYED from reflect mobs.. @ 700 all resist atm BEFORE popping archon

while everything else dies pretty easily... i dont have life on hit or life leech i wish i had.. only regen from gear passive and the new familiar regen rune..
    Quote from maxpain

i was clear in my post.. i am talking about MP3 which is jsut a tick above 1.0.4 in terms of HP and dificulty ...
    and i am getting DESTROYED from reflect mobs.. @ 700 all resist atm BEFORE popping archon

while everything else dies pretty easily... i dont have life on hit or life leech i wish i had.. only regen from gear passive and the new familiar regen rune..

Sorry I was mostly directing my post at the OP, but that's still good information. Are you having any problems with reflect mobs on live? Have you tried MP0-2, since MP3 is higher difficulty than 1.0.4?
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    I have a 2 hander with high LoH and 5% + LS which i switch to for reflect mobs. I actaully dies less now. This is one way i got around it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RaPsKa-6802/hero/862938
    May the heroes rise from the pit of despair and the bards sing of the day of death renewed to everlasting
    immortality....awaiting your return to the lands of Sanctuary may peace be with you on this day...your day of birth.

The Crew
    Something just occured to me. With the Energy Armor changes and damage changes being assumed to cancel, damage reflect was never taken into account.

If I look at my current gear, I have 90.546% total damage reduction in Archon with Prismatic Armor. In 1.0.5 that will be changed to 88.740%. A better way to look at it is I currently only take 9.454% of damage thrown at me but after the patch I'll take 11.26% which is about 19% more damage, in addition to the extra damage taken from lack of dodges, so not only will I take 19% more damage but I'll take damage about 20% more often or around 40% more damage overall, give or take 5-10%.

If I understand the mechanics correctly reflect damage is based off your own dps and a flat damage reflect % so the new reduced damage from mobs doesn't apply to reflect damage, which may or may not been an oversight on the part of Blizzard.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes