Gief feedback to this wizard build

Hi there.

My first char will be a wizard, and i´d like to know the feedback about my wizard build, which im gonna explain in some parts :)

http://us.battle.net...igjm!ZUd!YZbbab

Hope there isnt any similar build.. too many topics on this section, so sorry if there is :P

This build can be acquired in lvl 46, dispite of that i can say 100% sure i wont use only this spec, since i dont know how all the spells works (on range and other aspects), the different dificulties, even the mobs with resistances, etc.. tho some spells can be swapped...like for example:

- Mirror Image (duplicate) (lvl37) can be swap by Teleport (fracture) (lvl43)
    - Slow Time (Time Shell) (39) and Familiar (Sparkflint) (30), they dont need to swap, maybe his runes.. Slow Time (Time Warp) (29) and Familiar (Ancient Guardian) (44)

Does this Specc work in Inferno? Well i dont know but i ll give it a try as well for the other dozen specs i have :P

I ll apreciate some feedback, im always willing to learn something even if i did wrong .

Ps: Sorry for the grammar critics (over 9000 dmg) English is not my primary language. :lol:

Edit: Check last posts :P less outdate and other builds
    Looks good, but a little AP hungry and only 1 damage type. Most of your utilities don't cost AP which is good for this build, but every single one of your attacks do and they are all arcane damage, including the archon spells AFAIK. You could try it, but don't be surprised if you need to swap orb or dis for a signature of another damage type, like Chain Lightning, when you run into arcane resistant foes or run low on AP, esp on inferno.
    You´r correct m8. In Inferno im thinking of having at least a build of each specs, and maybe another one for Co.op as well :)

Even it might not be needing to swap all the specs but for a signiture spell like u said.
    I think we might run into enemies with high resistances in the later difficulties, and I noticed your primary attacks are arcane damage only. Adding another elemental damage is something I'd consider (like Ray of Frost with Cold Blood).

Fiery familiar might do fire damage, but I doubt it would be enough against a group of champion Arcane Enchanted mobs.

Also, maybe later in the game you'll be able to get enough arcane regen to not need a Signature spell, but I think even in that situation having one would help (as a lot of them have some sort of AP regenerating rune - like Surge of Power or Lightning Affinity), as you'd be able to refill all your AP much quicker than if you were just waiting.

It also solves the problem of having just 1 type of elemental damage at the same time.

My2cents.
    Seems like a very strange build. As Gaiawolf pointed out, you have 1 damage type, no signature spell for when you are oom, you dont have teleport, but almost nothing defensive either (frost nova, armor), and i must say, i dont really know what the overall theme of the build is. It seems a bit random with the images, familiar and slow time, while having no signature spell :P Care to explain what your reasoning behind it was?
    Quote from DGen

Seems like a very strange build. As Gaiawolf pointed out, you have 1 damage type, no signature spell for when you are oom, you dont have teleport, but almost nothing defensive either (frost nova, armor), and i must say, i dont really know what the overall theme of the build is. It seems a bit random with the images, familiar and slow time, while having no signature spell :P Care to explain what your reasoning behind it was?

As i said be4, the Mirror Image can be swapd to teleport (fracture), having the Ilusionist passive skill will make me use it either one or another, The problem i find is with some spells (it doesnt need to be those 2) since i dont know how they ll work (since the beta is lvl 13 u can see almost nothing) i cant say that i wont use teleport since i dont even know wth kind of range it have, if the decoys he drop is like the decoy of the monk where the mobs are like atracted. :)

About the signiture spell, well as i said be4, i can even remove the one of the arcane ofensive spells to a ray of frost with cold blood like Zero said or even with electricity spells.

this is not random spells, if u see the passive spells whenever u deal arcane damage they are slowed, even with that slow u have Slow Time (in case u are overruning with mobs) and u have teleport or image for panic situations (i might not even like mirror images) , now i cant remember if it is said that in inferno all mobs with resistances will have imunity (if there is then sorry :D), but even they are not immune i wont use the same spells for all the mobs
    Quote from Lixada

About the signiture spell, well as i said be4, i can even remove the one of the arcane ofensive spells to a ray of frost with cold blood like Zero said or even with electricity spells.

Now check this build:

http://us.battle.net...ZTjm!fUd!bYbbbb

- I´ve removed the orb and still got the Disintegrate (Volatility) + Plus the Archon for the Arcane spells
    - I´ve swaped the Mirror Image for the Teleport (still dont know how the decoys will work but i think is the same as the monk...i think :lol: )
    - Im using Ray of Frost (Cold Blood) so no AP problem and got the frost spell
    - I´ve removed Slow Time and placed the Storm Armor (Strike Back) for the Electric Spell (Still dont know its range and if is a pulsing ability)
    - And repleced the Power Hungry passive spell for the Galvanizing Ward
    - The familiar is still there but now as Ancient Guardian
    Quote from Lixada

Now check this build now:

http://us.battle.net...ZTjm!fUd!bYbbbb

- I´ve removed the orb and still got the Disintegrate (Volatility) + Plus the Archon for the Arcane spells
    - I´ve swaped the Mirror Image for the Teleport (still dont know how the decoys will work but i think is the same as the monk...i think :lol: )
    - Im using Ray of Frost (Cold Blood) so no AP problem and got the frost spell
    - I´ve removed Slow Time and placed the Storm Armor (Strike Back) for the Electric Spell (Still dont know its range and if is a pulsing ability)
    - And repleced the Power Hungry passive spell for the Galvanizing Ward
    - The familiar is still there but now as Ancient Guardian

Better, but bear in mind the tooltip for Cold Blood is wrong. It still incurs an AP cost (12 I think). You might not run out of AP as quickly, but you may still run low (hard to tell since we don't know end game item bonuses). If you find yourself running low, I'd swap the ward passive for Power Hungry or Astral Presence. I noticed most of your utilities now cost AP, but most have a long duration or CD so not many worries there.

I'm not a big fan of Storm Armor myself, but if you swap Strike Back with Power of the Storm it has great synergy since both your high damage spells are fairly low cost, fast ticking AP consumers.
    Pick up a signature spell or at the very least increase your AP regen BY A LOT MORE. You'll be sitting around doing nothing most of the time with this build.

BTW... cold blood Ray of Frost still uses 12AP/cycle. You won't be able to handle your new build either.
    Quote from Ruppgu

Pick up a signature spell or at the very least increase your AP regen BY A LOT MORE. You'll be sitting around doing nothing most of the time with this build.

There's AP regen from items. As far as I know, Wands, Sources, Wizard Hats and Trinkets can all contain it (could be wrong about the trinkets), so it's pretty possible to get +10/+20 extra AP regen and not run ouf ot AP (specially with a high damage/low atkspeed weapon).

BTW... cold blood Ray of Frost still uses 12AP/cycle. You won't be able to handle your new build either.

I understand that the tooltip can be wrong, but has it been confirmed by a blue post or are you guys taking this from datamined info? Can't remember seeing it anywhere.

And for the OP, as a friendly tip (and as I've said in some other threads), the path to Inferno difficulty is probably going to be a long and difficult one, so you're going to find yourself trying things out in real time as you level and against all different kinds of monsters and situations - save your energies, there's too much we don't know right now ;)
    Quote from Zero(pS)

I understand that the tooltip can be wrong, but has it been confirmed by a blue post or are you guys taking this from datamined info? Can't remember seeing it anywhere.

Trying to find a topic about this and still nothing. Nevertheless, thank you all for the feedback, some spells i only will check in game to see if they work all togueter, have other fixes in this build in case theres no synergie in all of them :P
    u can have 2x "secondary" skill?

i live in fact that I can have exactly (for example for mage) : 1x primary, 1x secondary, 1x defensive, 1x force, 1x conjuration, 1x mastery

but maybe i something overlook in BETA, please can u tell me where is truth? im confused.
    Quote from zakorunu

i live in fact that I can have exactly (for example for mage) : 1x primary, 1x secondary, 1x defensive, 1x force, 1x conjuration, 1x mastery

but maybe i something overlook in BETA, please can u tell me where is truth? im confused.

you can have as many primarys or secondarys and others as you want ( as many as there are). For example you can make build with only signature spells if you want.
    Quote from zakorunu

You have to turn on elective mode in the beta to swap like this.

Also back on-topic. Your build doesn't seem bad, my only beef with it is that you took disintigrate in a clear arcane build. You will spamm your mana on arcane orb, an AOE spell. So when will you use disintigrate? Maybe in a 1 on 1 (or boss)? Then you are better off with ray of frost :) I think it isn't a problem to go without a signature spell, when your out of arcane power you automatically start wanding anyway. You could also take the arcane signature spell, works well with temporal flux I guess.

I like the fact you took mirror images (in this build that is), if they add the temporal flux debuff its even nicer.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Quote from Ruppgu

There's AP regen from items. As far as I know, Wands, Sources, Wizard Hats and Trinkets can all contain it (could be wrong about the trinkets), so it's pretty possible to get +10/+20 extra AP regen and not run ouf ot AP (specially with a high damage/low atkspeed weapon).

And for the OP, as a friendly tip (and as I've said in some other threads), the path to Inferno difficulty is probably going to be a long and difficult one, so you're going to find yourself trying things out in real time as you level and against all different kinds of monsters and situations - save your energies, there's too much we don't know right now ;)

What's the point of signature spells if Blizzard made the game in a way that you can get all the regen you want from items? If a build that has 0 AP passives and 0 signature spells is viable in retail, blizzard really failed with the implementation of the AP system and signature spells. I hope that's not the case. AP regen is only on staves and wizard offhands I believe... and it's not actual regen, it's + AP on crit or +max AP if I remember correctly from the beta? It's the WD that has mana regen. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

The cold blood rune wasn't datamined. You can view the tooltip, in game, in the beta. Once you unlock runes at level 6 you can mouse over any rune and see the tooltip. The cold blood rune tooltip says it makes it cost 12 AP.
    Quote from Flenty

So when will you use disintigrate? Maybe in a 1 on 1 (or boss)? Then you are better off with ray of frost :) I think it isn't a problem to go without a signature spell, when your out of arcane power you automatically start wanding anyway. You could also take the arcane signature spell, works well with temporal flux I guess.

As we said be4 we ll have AP regen on items, how they ll work with the spec, i dont know we need to play the game to see plus the items have random stats :lol: ofc if i go oom really fast, i have to swap spells and one or 2 passive skills.

http://us.battle.net...iTjm!XUd!bZbZbb

Made this one now if i have some Ap problem

- Got an Signature Spell (i could have chosed the arcane one, or shock pulse spell)
    - Storm Armor with Power of the Storm, a bit more mana regen
    - Plus i used Astral Presence or Power hungry.

To be honest... i think with some gear i might drop some of those spells... :P i think just because u make an build u dont really have to obey her 100%, just because of the randomization of the gear
    Why do you have to have others approval, no one gives a shit, twat !!
    Some of those builds i made were just for lvl 46, but what if with higher lvl, with more regen, more hp (i know im a wizard wont have a lot of it). What if we could make an build Half Lighgning and Half Arcane...

http://us.battle.net...iTjm!VUd!acbZbb

This is for lvl 58

Ill start with the passives... Ilusionist is necessary, then u have Temporal Flux and Paralysis.

Temporal Flux: Every time u use Desintegrate and Archon u can slow for 2s
    Paralysis: Every Time u use Eletrocute and the Storm Armor u have the possibility to stun for 2s

So if u run our of AP with the arcane u can swap to Electric Spells so u wont lose CC, Plus the Mirror Mimics, now here i have a question, the "your own Spells" are the ones u have selected or the entire spellboock? If it is the ones i have selected both the Mirror Images will place CC on the mobs since they are damaging as well. :P

Is this even possible?
    Quote from Lixada

Some of those builds i made were just for lvl 46, but what if with higher lvl, with more regen, more hp (i know im a wizard wont have a lot of it). What if we could make an build Half Lighgning and Half Arcane...

http://us.battle.net...iTjm!VUd!acbZbb

This is for lvl 58

Ill start with the passives... Ilusionist is necessary, then u have Temporal Flux and Paralysis.

Temporal Flux: Every time u use Desintegrate and Archon u can slow for 2s
    Paralysis: Every Time u use Eletrocute and the Storm Armor u have the possibility to stun for 2s

So if u run our of AP with the arcane u can swap to Electric Spells so u wont lose CC, Plus the Mirror Mimics, now here i have a question, the "your own Spells" are the ones u have selected or the entire spellboock? If it is the ones i have selected both the Mirror Images will place CC on the mobs since they are damaging as well. :P

Is this even possible?

A very good build imo. The only thing lacking is an escape ability but hopefully Archon can work in those oh shit moments well enough.
    Quote from Ruppgu

A very good build imo. The only thing lacking is an escape ability but hopefully Archon can work in those oh shit moments well enough.

I hope for :lol:.. Atm making a Co.op Build with prolly the same Defensive Skills (still checking the ability synergy on this spec), but this time using fire and frost, so basically it has more dmg...hope the parties will be balanced so i might not always thinking on defensive abilities, unless is HC :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes