[PTR 2.0.1] WD Zoo Doctor Build

Zoo Doctor Build

Build Idea: Massive Minions with fire damage focus

All Images here:http://imgur.com/a/abH7k

Skills:

Firebats - Vampire Bats: (425% weapon dmg)

We've got 425% weapon damage with no channeling costs, works very good with our passive Pierce the Veil and procs the Fetish Sycophants like hell.

Gargantuan - Wrathful Protector: (575% weapon dmg)

I'm using it as a CD skill for elite packs/bosses and of course because it has fire damage and high weapon dmg.

Zombie Dogs - Burning Dogs: (20% fire dmg aura)

They are just there to distract enemies, their damage is not really high. Just meat shields no other purpose.
    EDIT: Don't work anymore with latest PTR/Beta Patch: With your passive (Circle of Life, combined with high Pick Up Radius).we are able to get 5 of them without any other passive.
    And with the Big Bad Voodoo - Boogie Man we are able to get 10 of them !

Locust Swarm - Searing Insects: (1560% weapon dmg over 8 sec)

Another fire spell just for support and pull together some monsters.
    Start with Locust Swarm and then use Firebats to finish off the monsters.

Spirit Walk - Honored Guest:
    One of the best Spirit Walk runes IMO. Just helps out if you are out of mana after re-cast Firebats too often.
    Instantly gives you 30% of your mana!

We also use it to break any form of CC we can't avoid or need to avoid.

Big Bad Voodoo - Boogie Man:

Damage buff for us and our pets.

EDIT: They cut this feature/bug out of the latest PTR/Beta Patch. It won't work anymore :(The best thing about it, you will get up to 10 Zombie Dogs at a time without any Zombie Dog passives (Zombie Handler, Midnight Feast).
    Just search for low HP monsters and get them together to generate up to 10 Zombie Dogs.

Act 1: Plague Bats (Fields of Misery, Festering Woods); Zombies (Weeping Hollow);

Act 2: Betrayed (Sewers, Desolate Sands)

Act 3: Stygian Crawler (Arreat Crater)

Act 4: Bile Crawler (Gardens of Hope)

Passives:

Circle of Life:
    Helps us to getting up to 5 Zombie Dogs, while Big Bad Voodoo is on cool down.

You can also use Grave Injustice to reduce all of your cool downs.

Fetish Sycophants:
    5% proc chance of our main dmg skill Firebats. It generates them like crazy.
    They have received a buff and do the same damage as the normal Fetishes
    With our Firebats - Vampire Bats rune you just need to stand in town and hold shift and left click to generate some of them before you start, its really awesome.

Pierce the Veil:
    We really don't have any mana issues with this build, since our main dps is Firebats with not channeling costs.
    Cannot find any better passive for this build.

Gearing:
    I still have my D3V gear on PTR haven't found any upgrade yet.
    Some Items would be great to have:

• Zombie Dogs damageFetish Army damage (not sure if they buff the fetish sycophants also, needs testing)
    • Tasker and Theo Loot 2.0 Edition: 50% Pet attack speedWD Helmet Loot 2.0 Edition: 100% Pet damage (don't know the name, sry)

I'm at 179K dps without selfbuffs, with 32 pick up radius on gear:
    Profile with gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s.../hero/30339434

Pets versus elemental effects:

• They die instantly versus Poison enchanted mobs, it seems to be bugged (damage wise) - EDIT: They die also fast against poison enchanted in T1 (60).They are ****ing stupid, you need to backup and let them port to you to get them out of desecrator, plagued and poison enchanted.
    Nice to have for Pet WDs:

Hope you like the build, i do. It reminds me of my Necromancer back in D2 days

Edit: After the new PTR patch and the addition of Torment, the pet build feels not viable at all. We would need much gear to test if it works, but with the current drop rates it's not gonna happen. This makes me sad :(

Last edited by shokobanane: 1/20/2014 4:52:19 AM
    Sadly it seems to have been changed, along with fixing "The Tall Man's Finger" bug which allowed you to summon as just as many large dogs in the same fashion. They are now seemingly capped at 3 dogs(4 with Zombie Handler) regardless of which other passives you pick up.
    Quote from Seaweed ยป
    Sadly it seems to have been changed, along with fixing "The Tall Man's Finger" bug which allowed you to summon as just as many large dogs in the same fashion. They are now seemingly capped at 3 dogs(4 with Zombie Handler) regardless of which other passives you pick up.

Right, changed BBV - Boogie Man. Doesn't help you to get more then 5 (with Zombie Handler and Midnight Feast) Zombie Dogs anymore :(
    Last edited by shokobanane: 1/20/2014 5:00:33 AM
    Updated post and fixed some formatting
    for a brief second, that was a fun pet build to play. thanks for that! too bad it no longer works...
    It's nerfs like this that make me sad. I was Psyched for a moment thinking I would finally have a reason to play WD again. (I loved pet builds in other ARPGs) and now... nope.
    The fact that we only can have 5 zombie dogs at once is really the case.

10 of them felt so great to have on the screen.

I've only tested this build on master with 10 dogs and it was doing OK. So i don't understand the nerf/fix from blizzards side.

I also started discussion on b.net forums about it some while ago: Join if you like - to get more attention!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11296849586#1

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes