1.0.5 WD acid rain build - superfarm ;)

hello this is my latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOftDnNGvU

anyway build is based on Acid cloud and sacrifice which grants me mana for even more acid madness - its super effective low mp 1-5 farm. It depends on your gear.
    looks nice
    Its ok bears are faster tho. Thanks for the video
    bears are faster for elites, but not for trash
    Also with enough dps bears are not faster for elites, just 2-3 shot them with acid rain, don't waste slot for bears.
    with 200k dps unbuffed it works up to mp3 (if you go with bears for elites your runs are not getting faster, happens only at higher mp, but then it is still not worth it because you begin to kill trash too slowy).
    yy exactly ;)
    Very good stuff, Projaxs. I don't know why I didn't think of changing the build to add Sac and Circle but it's very effective. Also, blowing up the dogs has added a nice change of pace to the build I've been running with forever, so I'm having more fun too.
    I can share my build, found this to work best by far, for fast runs:
    http://us.battle.net...XdRV!TWY!ZZZYac

Figured that I don't even need splinters, waste of slot, just boost damage as much as possible.
    PtV is great help here, get sacrifice 15% ed bonus from dogs summoned manually as there is free slot. By using spirit walk with mana regen, you don't lose much speed, and it allows you to use PtV, which is large damage bonus. With gruesome feast, if your dps reaches 400k, you really don't need other skills than acid rain.

Also tip, if you kill too slowly, don't bother running mp3. I mean elites shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to kill. The benifit of playing mp3 over mp2 is really low, you gain marginal exp and mf bonus, extra item also doesn't seem to help much given your run speed is lower.

One more thing, soul harvest. Found that best rune for this is that 60s duration, and try to keep 5 stacks as much as possible through the run. The benifit of having maxed bonus all the time for acid rain is far better than extra damage from using rune that deals damage. You often miss stack with it, and overall end up losing damage. No point really using it, if you can just spam acid rain that melts everything anyway.

I can see a ton of synergy in that build as well -- good stuff as I've gotten a bit bored running the same way (to the point that I've been running "no AH" alts through MP10 to break it up a little). Now I've got two versions of a Acid Rain/Sac build to mess with. Speed boost from Horrify was a nice touch to cover some of the gap from losing Jaunt. Good stuff all around.

Figured that I don't even need splinters, waste of slot, just boost damage as much as possible.
    PtV is great help here, get sacrifice 15% ed bonus from dogs summoned manually as there is free slot. By using spirit walk with mana regen, you don't lose much speed, and it allows you to use PtV, which is large damage bonus. With gruesome feast, if your dps reaches 400k, you really don't need other skills than acid rain.

Also tip, if you kill too slowly, don't bother running mp3. I mean elites shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to kill. The benifit of playing mp3 over mp2 is really low, you gain marginal exp and mf bonus, extra item also doesn't seem to help much given your run speed is lower.

One more thing, soul harvest. Found that best rune for this is that 60s duration, and try to keep 5 stacks as much as possible through the run. The benifit of having maxed bonus all the time for acid rain is far better than extra damage from using rune that deals damage. You often miss stack with it, and overall end up losing damage. No point really using it, if you can just spam acid rain that melts everything anyway.

Can you post your profile? Do you use two handed weapon?
    Im still upgrading to use Acid Rain u.u
    If you have 24% movementspeed, horrify wont make you faster. So its a wasted slot imo.
    deleted post

If you have 24% movementspeed, horrify wont make you faster. So its a wasted slot imo.

afaik movement speed from skills stacks above the cap. i can use the monk passive while having 24% movement speed

Yes i know it works for the monk. It doesnt work for WD tho. Test it yourself. Horrify seems bugged that way. I realised that 3-4 patches ago, and it wasnt fixed until today.
    I'm pretty sure it does work..
    I play a lot of co-op and when running with other char with 24% ms, when I pop horrify, I'm definitely getting ahead of other player who moves at constant 24% movement speed.
    Same with spirit walk, with this logic 50% bonus movement from spirit walk also shouldnt work above ms cap, and it does work.

Someone asked about my profile:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/aerial-2212/hero/10536583

skills are often changed, because I like play around with different builds, running same spec getting boring fast
    yeah 24%+ horify works.

yeah nice build anyway very similar but im sure im not gonna use PtV ;)

I realy like mp3 thats to better chance of getting key. its just a little sacrifice. But I dont wanna run total faceroll which mp3 is anyway.
    But you are right it would be propably faster and I could get about 80mil xp / hour

Im glad there is so nice acid cloud comunity ;) Just keep it up guys. Lets create another awesome build. I would love if blizzard could reduce mana cost of acid so it would be viable for higher mps
    I'm clearing MP3 half naked with my alts, so if you want to make some build legit, make a video of MP 6 +.

I two shot elites at MP3 so making a build video and showing it in there is something that simply won't prove anything. Do that build on MP7 + again.

I'm clearing MP3 half naked with my alts, so if you want to make some build legit, make a video of MP 6 +.

I two shot elites at MP3 so making a build video and showing it in there is something that simply won't prove anything. Do that build on MP7 + again.

Still not sure why people don't understand a "farming" build is something you are going to run at MP3 and below (unless you are farming keys/ubers). The type of build you use at MP3 and below is likely to be different than something you would use at higher MP levels. This video does a good job of showing an effective farming build and share it with the community. It is not about e-peen. We can run up to MP10 too with different builds . . . it's just not a very effective use of time.

hello I see your point, But this is mainly for farming items/paragon. Its topic about that. I willmake video for guys like you with explanation why is better (for wd) to farm lower MPs.

Basicaly its because other classes buff their dps nomatter what. WD buff himself by killing mobs. and on Higher MP you basicaly sacrifice that utility so you are killing everything for realy long time = not effective. I can easily beat diablo mP10 with 5 valor stack but the reward of it is realy so small that it is just not effective. Im running uber bosses for 9-10 now. But for regular farming (d3 is about farming) Im runnin MP3 just because its the fastest way that you can get Items = boost ur character.

If u are some kind of hardcore fan of Diablo you would understand. Or maybe you like challange thats ok and fine with me. Im planning some stuff about higher mps and some "compare video" Barbarian vs Witch doctor with about same budget gear on higher Mp.

Have a nice day
    Running mp6 is pointless when it comes to both exp and drop, just not efficient, and that is with any type of gear, even with best trophy grade items. Damage doesn't scale with monster power too well, you can hit max efficiency at mp3 at some point, maybe at mp4, but that will be pushing with with 400k dps unbuffed. Higher mp values are just not efficient, your run slows down too much to make it up with extra rewards that come with monster power.
    Maybe blizzard will look into it in future, and increase rewards a bit, maybe extra item from elites (since they take most time to kill at very high mp and they don't get any bonus except extra mf).
    barbarian gear (about same budget as my wd)

you can compare what is faster on lower mps ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD5dAYzHxCE
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes