My THUNDER MONK build

I have created a build for farming Torment III really fast without having survivability issues in any elites thought all the Acts and if really careful but slower in Torment IV

Thunder Monk : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/N0k1-2191/hero/273641
    Reason why i do it its the 2 Lightning weapons : ODYN SON and WKL as also the bracers (total Lightning +% = +45% on skills)

Left Click WotHF - Hands of Lightning
    I chose this one because is it the fastest Spirit gain move which is really crucial for my build plus the dmg on the SECOND and not the THIRD part is SICK ! i could have gone with some other Lightning based move but all others are really slow and not worth their dmg

Right ClickLashing Tail Kick - Scorpion Sting
    My main dmg output skill. Great dmg 2M - 2.3M crt and another 800k crt piercing dmg due to the Helm proc which i found LoL and 85% chance to stun 1.5sec. Nuff Said !

Button 1 Dashing Strike - Barrage
    The best 2.0 skill of monk (imo) Great positioning and speed on a character that 90% dies coz he cant escape from all those anti-melee monster affixes. Barrage because i fell the 3 "blinks" are too much and lets be honest how many time you see th "3" on this and the single target dmg is good enough to pick it. (803% cost free)

Button 2 Serenity - Peacefull Response
    Dont have much life on hit and HAVE to stay in as to apply my dmg. So i pick the all good "bubble" for it. The Peacefull Responce to combo its with the Guiding Light Passive for 30% dmg.

Button 3 Mantra of Conviction - Annihilation

I could easily go with the Overawe but my dmg is good enough so this +30% speed helps me to move faster on my farming routes.

Button 4 Sweeping Wind - Cyclone
    I pick this not because i proc many cyclones (which i dont due to luck of crt %) but because its the only Lightning based wind and with the 45% more dmg surpasses all others.

Passives
    One with Everything
    Guiding Light
    Exalted Soul

Gameplay :
    DASHING STRIKE in the enemies with SWEEPING WIND start spaming some LASHING KICKS till my spirit goes down and then the WotHF as to regain spirit (repeat) If enemies low my HP (UNDER 30%) then SERENITY (+30% dmg) and spam more stronger LASHING KICKS. Last resort DASHING STRIKE out and repeat (rearly happening in T3)
    Last edited by N0k1_: 3/5/2014 5:13:35 AM
    How are you staying alive against Electrified or Fire Chains? You can use Dashing Strike for everything else, but you have to be in melee to attack and those affixes are kinda unavoidable at melee range (they also hit HARD on T3 or above). I also don't see ANY life on hit or lifesteal and a super small amount of life per second, are you just trying to stunlock everything?

Even with full spirit I doubt you can kill a rare or an elite pack just by spamming Lashing Tail Kick on them, most of them have tons of health at that setting and will hit you back.
    WotHF: Hands of Lightning deals physical damage, not lightning. It isn't benefitting from your +lightning damage, it just hits like a truck.
    @tadrinth : main goal is to gain spirit as fast as possible not use it to apply dmg. Tried all other lightning dmg skills not worth the spirit-value dmg even with my +45% dmg

@Codyksp : I can assure you that a well played combo of Dashing strike for possitioning lashing strike for dmg and the WotHF for spirit regen (best use while they are stunned by the lashing kick) as also the serenity for 3 sec immune + 30% dmg is enough to burn any elite in T3 except the extra health ones. You got to be really carefull as not to burn all your spirit at once and use serenity ONLY under 70% HP with 100% Spirit. Dashing strike into them while they are near each other helps me apply better AoE dmg.

You are welcome to add me in game and do a run.

I need to add more survivability as to move up the Torment levels.
    Sounds like you aren't very fast at clearing the packs on T3 then, it's nice to be able to handle a high difficulty but speed is also important. I can survive and kill them, it just takes a bit long.
    This skill build has been working out pretty good for me. I've got +72% lightning damage. I swapped out WotHF for DR: Scattering Blows out of personal preference. I clear Torment III like it's nothing, but Torment IV's spike in difficulty is a bit to much for me right now.
    Quote from Codyksp

Sounds like you aren't very fast at clearing the packs on T3 then, it's nice to be able to handle a high difficulty but speed is also important. I can survive and kill them, it just takes a bit long.

He should be able to kill elite pack on t3 in less than 10 sec, I can kill them in less that 10 secs and my lashing tail kick does not crit as hard as his.
    There is still something about Deadly Reach: Scattered Blows i dont understand. Is it just the 3rd-Hit-AE which is doing lightning damage? If i understand the skill correct, all other hits will still be physical.
    Quote from Chudz
    Quote from Codyksp

He should be able to kill elite pack on t3 in less than 10 sec, I can kill them in less that 10 secs and my lashing tail kick does not crit as hard as his.

I doubt that. Im sitting on 260k dps + 44% lightning dmg. My LTK crits for up to 3mil and on t3 most packs take like 15sec - depending on affix combo. I call myself kinda experienced as a monk(+700hrs playtime on monk)...So i would like to see some1 with worse gear killing elites on t3 in 10secs.
    mine crit for 2 mill and I'm pretty sure I can kill them in 10 sec will make a video if so and post it here.
    I can blow up the easy affix combos in like 5seconds on T3...But something like double frozen "ranged mobs" takes more then 10secs for sure. Considering there is no CycloneStrike in his build which makes it even worse to deal with any kind of ranged elites.

IG Stats -> http://imgur.com/wOS3YZh

Profile -> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shinna-2251/hero/10580467

I could run T5 but elites taking too long for being worth the time and afford so im cruising thru T4. :)
    @Shinna 1989

At lvl 60 i was able to kill T3 elites no problem with that. I really dont know what is going from there coz i switch to CRUSADER.

Good Luck !
    i also play a monk!! coincidence xD

I like to use earth ally on my right click thou! this is decent i would rate it but im new to website
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes