[Looking for a guide/advices] Monk - Paragon Leveling

Hi guys,

I kinda paused the game for a while, last time I played, even if I starded with a WD, a friend of mine wanted to try some Tempest Rush builds in multi, since I liked it, my monk became my main character, my friend helped me upgrade my gear, we played for a while then stopped.

Since there is a new extension, my plan is to be lvl 100 paragon before the extension comes out, so I can fully enjoy it. I am open to any guide/advice, even a non-tempest rush build (Since I heard that it isn't the best in end-game),

About the gear, I have a ~120millions budget, and I need to spend it before the AH is closed anyway. The MP goal would be around MP5/7 I guess, I don't need to go MP10 directly if the exp (or farm) / time ratio isn't optimized.

About my build, I have nearly nothing for the moment, except my old Tempest Rush one

Thank you :)
    Here is my current gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/Muhezain-2180/hero/2986032

(I couldn't post it in my first post, sorry for the double one)
    GEAR BONUSES
    +2152 Dexterity
    Critical Hit Chance Increased by 29.0%
    Attack Speed Increased by 32%
    +379 Vitality ] -----
    +39% Life ] --- very big problem is that Life% works with having a really good foundation of +vit
    HP: 27.9k (with a Perfect Star Amethyst in Helm)

That's a red flag right there.

Even a higher red flag looking at your non-lifesteal Skorn.

1) Shoulders: base +vit necessary... more than 75, then 200+ dex (under 200 is not up-to-date)

2) Vitality Inna's Pants >>> 158+ vit

3) Nat's 2-piece Combo

4) Change Bracers for rare from AH or Crafted Dex Bracers

5) Upgrade Star Emerald in your current non-lifesteal Skorn to Radiant Star Emerald (if you have the gold, preferably with your own flawless square gems and up and your own mats)
    Foundation (Start-to-Mid tier) Gearchecker; [US] unless stated
    1) CMWIZ PL91, [EU]PL62 Crit NatsHelm; 2) 0-CD Dogs since MID-FEB 2013 PL44;
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    5) Fundamental Barb (least played)
    After that Vitality, you need to work on your Focus Resist and Resistance (where's that OWE, i don't think you have the budget nor the Top-5 Gear Bonuses to run non-OWE, although mid-MP TR/Bell build issin't too difficult with under 450 pure AR) especially in a team.
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    I changed my Skorn for a 6% lifesteal and I put a 90% gem in it (the 100% one was too expensive and I have no more emeralds left)

Still 100 millions to spend (more like 90millions if I don't wan't to be too poor for repairs & cie), I'll re-read what u said and still look further. Thanks
    Quote from Muhezain

I changed my Skorn for a 6% lifesteal and I put a 90% gem in it (the 100% one was too expensive and I have no more emeralds left)

Still 100 millions to spend (more like 90millions if I don't wan't to be too poor for repairs & cie), I'll re-read what u said and still look further. Thanks

You didn't need to go crazy with 6% Lifesteal, or else I will be caught by others saying that I pushed some to be too perfect and ultimately make OP waste gold, in which this time I did not mention any actual specific percentage.

I hope that you work towards having at least easily past 35k HP after several of the above suggestions (ofc depending on your initial budget) but my 5 steps are pretty dead on to become a more well-balanced character.
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    The problem is that, even with the budget I have, that isn't pretty much, I don't really know the prices at AH, so I never know if something is too expensive or "it's just the price", and I am always hesitating hours for only one item to finally spend a lot on it. I won't blame you at all, we aren't in "live", and you can't be behind my back saying "Yes, yes, no, no" for each item on the AH, you are trying to help, that's cool :)
    Fix some primary stats and look for the cheapest ones for buyout.

If you have time, bid on those items, but never overbid higher than the buyout price.

You'll be more skillful after a couple of trials.
    Your IAS is way too high. TR monks need low IAS so you wont burn through all the spirit. For the majority of your gear you need Crit chance and crit damage. Also you only need a 2 piece Inna's. So keep your pants and chest. You can keep the inna's belt. craft a bracer in Dex. You can keep the Vile ward but you can also buy another one. There is technically a total of 13 pieces of gear to wear.

Keep:
    Chest, Belt, Pants

Forge:
    Dex Bracers, Dex/Vit ammy. Trick of forging items with Demonic Essences (DE) You get the best stats if you craft in Vitality. But its a gamble as to when you'll actually roll the main base stat you want.

You said you had 120 mil. you used 20 mil on a skorn. so you have 100 mil. allocate 25 mil to gems. craft all your gems. 729 flawless square gems = 1 radiant star gem. cost if you buy everything in AH to craft it about 16-17 mil versus straight up buying the gem (29 mil). 8 mil should be allocated to any other gear. If you go under budget IE a ring, you spend 5 mil. that means you can divide 3 mil to the remaining pieces.
    I am doing a break right now, but only by changing the Skorn + Pants (got outbided on all others) and playing with the "One With Everything" passive,, I am now able to rush in MP5, I am gonna test a bit more later, but before I made this thread, I had difficulties in MP2 / 3, so, even if I have only 40 millions left, It was helpfull :) I have like 36k in life now. (I spend too much, but it's my fault :P )

Do you have a optimized route for paragon leveling? I am still in tempest rush build, It seems to work pretty good for now in MP5
    I forgot I had still 80 millions left with the bids I made, i'll check AH this night again, didn't saw ur message before Kamul, and also never heard that IAS thing before but I'll check that further too, thanks :)
    yeah i just tried to limit his budget and to make sure he has the foundation stuff to play the regular builds, but yes

10x your Attacks Per Second = The Spirit Regen that you need for not leaking Spirit :) for the old relaxed TR

2+ on helm + 2+ on soj = 4+, and as low of ias as you can go, preferably 1 piece, at most 2 ias pieces but that's about it :)

Have fun playing old school TR if u have 4+ regen :) the more the merrier but you will start to lose dps.
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes