Tempest Rush - what next to change

Hello every one !

Can some one help with my gear , im a little familiar with basics of Tempest Rush Farm Build , but not sure what shoud i change next. I dont want spend to much on 1 pice of gear only for TR since u using it only to exp quick , i have much more fun playing standard FoT/SW:C Build. So what change to let me farm faster , or be able to play a little higher MP than 0 when patch 1.07 will be realesed.

Here is my profile : Monk Profile
    Tempest Rush build is only good on MP0 at least in this patch... you think it's doable in MP1 in next patch?

Have you tried a Skorn without life steal? Should be possible to survive without it.

Get as low attack speed as possible, so get some other gloves and perhaps even get some 8% ASI on some new Inna's temperance. Just some cheap ones without resistance if you stick to low MP. With that change you can probably get rid of either Exalted Soul or Chant of Resonance.

I haven't tried the build myself yet, only read a lot about it, so don't mindlessly follow my suggestions! :P
    1. gloves with no IAS, but high dex instead.
    2. Skorn, high CHD does not matter that much, since you should 1-shot most trash. So higher damage and higher dex skorn. You dont need lifesteal to survive (with your amount of life it could be a slight problem, but solution #4 would fix that).
    3. hellfire ring for exp, it is worth it. :)
    4. 12 MS ice climbers, and innas favor with vitality, if you wish to spend some money AND/OR you have some trouble surviving. :)

EDIT: Try to flip exalted soul for fleet footed. Removing your ias gloves you should have plenty spirit. Mandatory stops regenrates your spirit very fast anyway.
    Quote from WNxManiacMan

Tempest Rush build is only good on MP0 at least in this patch... you think it's doable in MP1 in next patch?

I currently do it on MP1 with a little less than 150k unbuffed dps. On PTR, I can do MP2 efficiently (at least it feels that way, almost no backtracking needed for white trash except stuff like Golgors, elite packs are still blown up by SSS)

Have you tried a Skorn without life steal? Should be possible to survive without it.

I don't use lifesteal anymore, 10-20k globe heal + pickup radius works fine, and a 500+ dex skorn is a lot cheaper and offers a lot more dps. The only thing where LS really shines are reflect packs, and they are manageable with either SSS or globe management. On PTR this problem almost disappears, just wait a few seconds for the mobs to deactivate reflect.

As mentioned, get rid of Exalted Soul. Your regeneration should match or exceed your usage anyway, no need for a huge buffer. Use Inner Storm SW, you won't be triggering a lot of tornados anyway, then you can probably switch Chant of Resonance as well. SoJ+Innas+templar+guardian path should suffice. As mentioned, get rid of AS on the gauntlets, try to get a decent HF ring and never pick up frenzy shrines ;)
    Quote from Chmurnik

Hello every one !

Can some one help with my gear , im a little familiar with basics of Tempest Rush Farm Build , but not sure what shoud i change next. I dont want spend to much on 1 pice of gear only for TR since u using it only to exp quick , i have much more fun playing standard FoT/SW:C Build. So what change to let me farm faster , or be able to play a little higher MP than 0 when patch 1.07 will be realesed.

Here is my profile : Monk Profile

Chmurnik - as others have said, ditch all IAS gear (other than Inna's pants) if you can, as this drains spirit. If you are TR'ing for XP, then it makes sense to wear a hellfire, which would ideally have crit chance. Your in-game crit chance with TR, I surmise, is just over 40. In my experience this is a little low for SW cyclone to spawn many cyclones because of the low proc rate on TR. Being in the mid-high 40s makes a considerable difference. So, in the meantime, you might want to switch runes to SW firestorm for the big radius increase.

As for DPS: the easiest thing I think would be to get some Zumi's boots, preferably with +8 poison damage like your Inna's favor. I love Zumi's for damage, and Ice Climbers for EHP and some DPS. The other thing to consider is possibly changing your skorn - - which I note has life steal and perfect crit damage, sweet! - for one that would give you higher DPS. Many TR'ers run without any sustain on skorn. Life on kill is economical and effective at low MPs. In your case, you could combine that with LpSS, which I see on your Inna's radiance, by switching exalted soul for transcendence. Since TR constantly consumes spirit, this gives you another form of sustain, and one that may become more viable post 1.07 if WoL/Bells builds become popular, as is likely.
    Sweeping wind cyclone is pretty bad for Tempest Rush, switch to firestorm and Mantra of healing with the 3spirit/sec regen or inner storm and mantra of conviction, I prefer Firestorm as I don't really need the extra damage from Mantra of Conviction and the extra radius is really nice.
    if you have the right gear and build, at current patch, you can do mp1 no problem and if you push extreme like me, you can even do it on mp3. On next patch which I have tried a little bit on PTR, i can do mp4~5 and there sure are some more things I can improve.

If you are not sure and want a guide on TR, take a look at the highlight video of my stream here:
    http://www.twitch.tv/invisuk/c/1874630

Feel free to ask any questions, I will try to help.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes