30% elite
    12% Fist of thunder

2nd
    5% poison
    1.60 spirit reg
    30% elite
    12% sweeping wind

Wich one is better? ^^
    oh man. For pure dps the sweeping wind one I'm pretty sure is better. But that cold dmg is the shit for slowing enemies / slowing attacks
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Link your Bnet profile or battletag and maybe you'll get a useable answer. :P
    1st ring for paper DPS and single target.. 2nd ring for effective DPS and more than 1 target
    If i should pick one of those i would, by all means, take the first one. It has 6% cold instead of only 5% on the secound, the spiritregen is the highest. The damage increase on Fist of Thunder is great since Fot hits multiple targets and it would in my opinion be the best nomatter what...

But - if your goal is to do exp runs on MP0-1 i would pick the secound ring, since its not about hitting targets, but running over them like a train.

Edit: If you´re tempestrushing through MP0-1 and lack spiritregen, use the one with highest regen.
    use them both
    duh
    What is a good SOJ for CM wiz? I have to sacrifice attack speed and CC for the SOJ.
    sweeping wind one
    Quote from Coho

use them both
    duh

Impossible.

And go for Sweeping Wind. Most of your damage will be coming from that anyway.

Quote from DrKran

What is a good SOJ for CM wiz? I have to sacrifice attack speed and CC for the SOJ.

Get the Explosive Blast or Energy Twister crit chance ones.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Right. You should only use the Stone of Jordan for high monster power farming and uber bosses. Most of the time while farming the lower level mp, you will find yourself spending more time on white mobs than champions/elites, and the % gained from a soj shouldt do much for you (1-2 seconds tops?).
    While farming high mp and ubers, you should go for the one with sweeping winds, as it is producing more dmg than the fists of thunder. That if, if you use it correct ofcourse (pop blinding flash etc. first) for the high snapshot dmg.
    The cold dmg is great, but monks doesnt really need that.
    Sweeping winds is the way to go for you.
    Quote from Bleu42

oh man. For pure dps the sweeping wind one I'm pretty sure is better. But that cold dmg is the shit for slowing enemies / slowing attacks

Cold damage only slows movement, not attacks.

Quote from Jakel

Right. You should only use the Stone of Jordan for high monster power farming and uber bosses. Most of the time while farming the lower level mp, you will find yourself spending more time on white mobs than champions/elites, and the % gained from a soj shouldt do much for you (1-2 seconds tops?).
    While farming high mp and ubers, you should go for the one with sweeping winds, as it is producing more dmg than the fists of thunder. That if, if you use it correct ofcourse (pop blinding flash etc. first) for the high snapshot dmg.
    The cold dmg is great, but monks doesnt really need that.
    Sweeping winds is the way to go for you.

I like using a SoJ in lower monster power because I can run through trash, but elites take a couple of passes. I find the SoJ helps to even out the hp of mobs, meaning I can run through everything in one pass without having to backtrack.
    Also to note, Fot and Sweeping Winds are both elemental damage skills. So the elemental bonus doesn't apply, but it will on Deadly Reach or other non elemental attacks.
    Quote from Gtnogme

Also to note, Fot and Sweeping Winds are both elemental damage skills. So the elemental bonus doesn't apply, but it will on Deadly Reach or other non elemental attacks.

Are you truly sure about this? I'm not entirely sure, but i think it adds to the sheet dmg, which is what Sweeping Winds snapshots?
    The first one without a doubt. Not only does TC contribute a larger percentage of our EDPS, the first ring also has 1% more elemental damage.

Given that you own both of these and they both likely cost a fair amount, 1% actually is worth quite a bit even if they were both 12% FoT or SW. For examples sake, say you do 200k unbuffed PDPS, 1% is an 2,000 dps increase.
    I had a cold dmg one and while using FoT : Thunderclap I did not see any of the frozen animation when a creature dies.Like how barbs spin around and it works for them.

But concerning which you should use, I would say for MP1-2-3 Farming ( I mean if u have 150k dps + 1-2-3 is the same shit , at least that is my experience ) you should use FoT because that is the skill that kills all those pesky spiders and does all that AoE.Sure SW does AoE obviously but the FoT is the one that does 200k crits and cleans up everything.

For Higher MP tho where you will attack for a longer time SW is better as it is more dps overall.
    Quote from Bleu42

your scoundrel should have a buriza anyways.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes