1.0.5 feelings?

I don't think we are getting nerfed, but I don't see this opening up any huge build options. We still only have defensive passives! Yeah - there is guiding light, but the only real heal spell we have is so small AoE that it doesn't trigger nearly often enough to make it worth is.

I'll prob be running with OwE, Transcendence and StI after patch. Maybe Path of Gaurdian, depending on how much the nerf affects StI.
    One question why if monks maind defensive bility was nerfed by 50% barbs still have his armor boosting passives unchaged ( i mean 25% armor boost and 100 vita in to armor) and other thing i farm A3 without STI now and have no problem ut on other side i have big problem choce what gen insted this bc here is only couple interesting pasives and allmost any efective pasive ( i play 2h monk) for me at this moment using OWE, Resonace and Ytar pasives but only difference in plastly is if change OWE all other look as bonus with minimal impact on my game play

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Swen-2595/ my profile i rly dont play common BO :-D
    I tested a bit on the PTR and for myself and I wil let those 2 def passives in my build. With the changing of StI Armour will get more valuable on gear imo and I just look forward to get more +armour on my stuff.
    Otherwise I just think about increasing dps, A good offense is a good defense
    I'm looking forward to Uber boss and the CC changes. I feel like the CC changes will only make "the" current build stronger with Blinding Flashing being even more useful.
    Blizzard is making changes based on default gameplay as it should be doing, so what they say about nerfs/buffs its true! playing on Monster Power is a matter of taste, i imagine it will be unthinkable back in D2 days for a patch to be released based on "/players8". So can we return to reality?
    I think 1.05 is a big bump to monks.

most classes simply can't do MP10 solo, only barbs and monks because they're tanks.
    barbs farm keys faster, but monks deal with ubers better because we're better single target DPS.

and ubers are always done in 3-4 man teams, and nobody excels better at team play than monks.
    Quote from Grimy_Bunyip
    most classes simply can't do MP10 solo, only barbs and monks because they're tanks.

Uhm don't underestimate the high players of other classes, basically every decent archon wizard got 5-6% lifesteal to counter reflect damage and sits at 1k+ resist and most WDs will adapt as well (and don't get touched thanks to their zoo). I'm not quite sure how it will turn out for DH's but i guess with old nats they will still to fine after the gloom change.

One question why if monks maind defensive bility was nerfed by 50% barbs still have his armor boosting passives unchaged ( i mean 25% armor boost and 100 vita in to armor)

I tought about that as well but they just looked at what most barbs uses and that's warcry/impunity so they nerfed that instead. Barbs without warcry won't even notice a change to their play (except for less heal/fury generation if they happen to play sprint/tornado) but that's also true for monks without defensive passives :)
    I feel like it is slowly getting old already despite the fact that it is not even on Live servers yet.
    As far as I've read all the changes I won't change anything to my current playstyle/skills.

I'm just really curious how I will hold out on MP1 in Act 1 Inferno with my Monk.
    Currently grinding/farming Act 1 Inferno fairly easy. But since I don't have a lot of time/gold I'll probably won't upgrade my gear (a lot) before it hits the live servers.

Since I'm playing Hardcore mode I'm a bit cautious in just trying it out, would be a shame if I find out that I'm not able to handle it and die... Maybe I should just try to get on the PTR and test it out since death isn't permanent there...
    My feelings are that after this tiny crap patch today,means they can drag this out another 3 or 4 weeks before it goes live :(
    Personally, very happy about this.. this bug ends 4 out of 5 runs for me
    • Dashing Strike
      • Players can no longer become stuck if they die to a damage over time spell while casting Dashing Strike
    Quote from Darkaeacus

My feelings are that after this tiny crap patch today,means they can drag this out another 3 or 4 weeks before it goes live :(

Why would they do that? A patch with only bug fixes and no changes to skills or other game elements is usually a sign that they are finishing up. Of course this doesn't guarantee that it will come out next week, but since they are not doing any changes to the monster level system, they might as well dump it on the live servers.

Today I ended up in a MP 8 uber fight. Had two attempts at Skeleton+Magda, the second one almost successful, but then our random group fell apart. I had done this earlier at MP 5 alone, without much of a problem. However at MP 8 I felt very squishy, and once we lost the resist buff from the barb damage was very high. Damage wise I was doing fine, but my regeneration with 3% LS was barely enough to compensate incoming damage, and I would probably need more health and more defense if I wanted to do it alone.

I'm looking forward to the new patch. Playing at mlvl 2-3 is very similar to the live server, but gives extra experience and MF. Add in the increased legendary drop rates and it should be pretty nice in terms of gear farming. I'll just add the key warden locations to my farming route, and once I have enough keys for a few machines I'll look for a few groups to take down the bosses. Later I will decide whether I want to gear towards higher MP farming or just faster farming.

The improved dashing strike is very nice. It works best in open areas like fields of slaughter, where you can dash between mob groups, spawn a few cyclones, and move to the next group. The nice thing is that you can directly port to the ranged mobs even if they are behind a wall of melee, while with thunderclap you have to tear your way through the pack first.
    My monk Vin
    So, with Dashing Strike getting an improvement, I decided to start working with it on live, so I switched to WotHF (FoF rune). Also, for kicks I swapped on Submission onto MoC. I noticed something that I'm wondering if it will come in handy on the uber fights. Both the damage over time from MoC:Submission and WotHF:FF procs the life steal from my weapon.

I tested this by simply letting my monk get hit w/ zero Life Per Second from gear/follower. After MoC kicked in, I started getting healing every second from the affected guys. Similarly, I hit an elite with WotHF:FoF and ran away, while doing this, I was getting the healing from both MoC and FoF rune.

I'm wondering if this extra tertiary healing might help add to survival on the uber fights. Thoughts from those doing the ubers?
    Quote from rathgood

So, with Dashing Strike getting an improvement, I decided to start working with it on live, so I switched to WotHF (FoF rune). Also, for kicks I swapped on Submission onto MoC. I noticed something that I'm wondering if it will come in handy on the uber fights. Both the damage over time from MoC:Submission and WotHF:FF procs the life steal from my weapon.

I tested this by simply letting my monk get hit w/ zero Life Per Second from gear/follower. After MoC kicked in, I started getting healing every second from the affected guys. Similarly, I hit an elite with WotHF:FoF and ran away, while doing this, I was getting the healing from both MoC and FoF rune.

I'm wondering if this extra tertiary healing might help add to survival on the uber fights. Thoughts from those doing the ubers?

Life steal simply provides you with X% of any damage you deal as HP. There is nothing spectacular about it and FoF or Submission. It's simply stronger the more damage you deal, and those abilities are suboptimal for dealing damage, so they're suboptimal for life steal.
    Quote from GT4

Quote from rathgood

Life steal simply provides you with X% of any damage you deal as HP. There is nothing spectacular about it and FoF or Submission. It's simply stronger the more damage you deal, and those abilities are suboptimal for dealing damage, so they're suboptimal for life steal.

True, After more usage, I have found submission to be less optimal on single targets (which the Ubers more or less are), but have found that it works very well for larger groups and runners (constant damage). I'm also starting to think FoF may be showing its own more with liberal use of dashing strike to move around, tagging elites, that I've been using.

Also, speaking of damage, I have been wondering how a TR, Submission build with a large 2-hander might work out. The thought running through my head is that the submission might provide more collateral damage than overawe due in part to TR knocking targets back, outside the TR damage range, but still within the submission range. This combination may (opportune word, I've not tested it yet) be able to yield an affect similar to (but not identical/superior/on par) with the 1.05 WW barb.
    the only thing i change is i swaped resolve with BoY
    Mp2 with 150k dps with dashin strike with 2.19 APS is fast as hell.That all this patch has change in terms of my play style.Ill do the ocasional MP5+ with groups, but solo the faster the better still.
    Quote from Grimy_Bunyip

I think 1.05 is a big bump to monks.

barbs farm keys faster, but monks deal with ubers better because we're better single target DPS.

and ubers are always done in 3-4 man teams, and nobody excels better at team play than monks.

Quote from Fizbini

monks suk!

I have yet to see something a monk can do better than a barb....

Qft
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes