Help gear my demon hunter.

Hello i just hit 60 demon hunter and i would like to do mp 7 or higher, i have 100m can you help me chose gear or stats for gear? :)
    Please post your profile link.
    Now go farm some essences and craft shoulders, gloves, amulet and bracers!
    Im not wearing anything on my character i just hit 60 and sold all my gear :) im looking for a fullregear, so i should craft shoulders gloves, ammy and bracers, what stats am i looking for?
    Dex, vit, allres, armor, life regeneration, avarage damage, critchance, critdamage and attackspeed.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/demonhunterguide
    Imo some1 should tell you that a 100m budget without any decent crafted items wont take you into farming(!) mp7. Either you lack eHP or DPS since you are a fresh lv60. Aim for mp5 and start farming paragon levels. You can try mp6+ after you got a few paragonlevels and maybe one or two upgrades from crafting.

In regards of building your gearset. I assume you leveled your blacksmith to 10 and bought all the "new" dex recipes on ah.

Your eHP(Vit+Resist) should be on the middle line + bracers and shoulders. Rings, Amulet and Gloves should carry your dps. Craft bracers untill you got some with vit+all res+crit chance. They obv. carry dex. ;) After you got some decent bracers either craft shoulders or gloves. Depending what you got on ah when building your set.

A typical starterset often looks like this:

Helm = Mempo with Dex and Vit. Even if you cant afford crit chance on it a mempo is a solid helm in terms of eHP/DPS balance.
    Chest = Inna´s Chest. You can go either for high vit (+200)or vit(+70) and all res(+50). Depends whats availible on ah while building your set but prefer one with higher vit and no res.
    Shoulders = Vile Wards with +190dex and vit(+70). They offer good eHP and are dirt cheap now a days.
    Bracers = Buy some cheap rare bracers. 80dex/80vit some all res and +5% cc. You will replace those first with a crafted item so dont spend too much on them.
    Gloves = Rare gloves and try find some decent Trifacta Glove with +90dex/+7%attackspeed/+8% crit chance and some crit damage on it.
    Belt = Witching Hour. Get one with some dex and vit. Dont bother if it offers 8 or 9% attackspeed. Anything with +40% ccd would be fine at the beginning.
    Pants = Inna´s Pant with high vit(+150 vit). It realy doesent matter if they come with 8 or 9% attackspeed.
    Boots = Nats Setboots. Try find some cheap with +190dex and some vit on em.

Now you have sorted out most of your eHP and focus on dps on jewels. ;)

Ring1 = Nats Ring with +4% crit chance and try find something within your budget with maybe a socket or +100dex on it.
    Ring2 = A Unity with dex and crit damage(solid dps ring). They always carry avg. damage, crit chance and bonus damage vs. elites(3 or4%)
    Amulet = Rare Amulet with +100 dex, +7% crit chance and +70% crit damage. Try find something with avg. dmg or socket on it.

Weapon = Manticore with 1 socket. Usaly the 2 socket manticores are not worth it considering your total budget. Try get as much dex and crit dmg on it with a good amount of dps itself. Depending whats availible on ah you might find something within or close to 1300dps.
    Quiver = Dead Mans Legacy. Dont bother with top notch max. crit chance and/or attackspeed. Any DML with +9% crit chance and 19% attackspeed is fine. Look for some with +250dex and vita. Dont bother with the demon hunter skill on it other if you are lucky and find one with rapid fire on it.

Splitt your total budget like this:

30% on weapon and quiver
    50% on armor
    20% on gems

In terms of gems just make sure getting at least a 90% crit damage emerald for your xbow. Star emeralds are fine for your armor. You can upgrade those later. Its way easier to upgrade gems then waste money on half decent items and replace those a few days later and losing money when selling your stuff again.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Imo some1 should tell you that a 100m budget without any decent crafted items wont take you into farming(!) mp7. Either you lack eHP or DPS since you are a fresh lv60. Aim for mp5 and start farming paragon levels. You can try mp6+ after you got a few paragonlevels and maybe one or two upgrades from crafting.

In regards of building your gearset. I assume you leveled your blacksmith to 10 and bought all the "new" dex recipes on ah.

Your eHP(Vit+Resist) should be on the middle line + bracers and shoulders. Rings, Amulet and Gloves should carry your dps. Craft bracers untill you got some with vit+all res+crit chance. They obv. carry dex. ;) After you got some decent bracers either craft shoulders or gloves. Depending what you got on ah when building your set.

A typical starterset often looks like this:

Helm = Mempo with Dex and Vit. Even if you cant afford crit chance on it a mempo is a solid helm in terms of eHP/DPS balance.
    Chest = Inna´s Chest. You can go either for high vit (+200)or vit(+70) and all res(+50). Depends whats availible on ah while building your set but prefer one with higher vit and no res.
    Shoulders = Vile Wards with +190dex and vit(+70). They offer good eHP and are dirt cheap now a days.
    Bracers = Buy some cheap rare bracers. 80dex/80vit some all res and +5% cc. You will replace those first with a crafted item so dont spend too much on them.
    Gloves = Rare gloves and try find some decent Trifacta Glove with +90dex/+7%attackspeed/+8% crit chance and some crit damage on it.
    Belt = Witching Hour. Get one with some dex and vit. Dont bother if it offers 8 or 9% attackspeed. Anything with +40% ccd would be fine at the beginning.
    Pants = Inna´s Pant with high vit(+150 vit). It realy doesent matter if they come with 8 or 9% attackspeed.
    Boots = Nats Setboots. Try find some cheap with +190dex and some vit on em.

Now you have sorted out most of your eHP and focus on dps on jewels. ;)

Ring1 = Nats Ring with +4% crit chance and try find something within your budget with maybe a socket or +100dex on it.
    Ring2 = A Unity with dex and crit damage(solid dps ring). They always carry avg. damage, crit chance and bonus damage vs. elites(3 or4%)
    Amulet = Rare Amulet with +100 dex, +7% crit chance and +70% crit damage. Try find something with avg. dmg or socket on it.

Weapon = Manticore with 1 socket. Usaly the 2 socket manticores are not worth it considering your total budget. Try get as much dex and crit dmg on it with a good amount of dps itself. Depending whats availible on ah you might find something within or close to 1300dps.
    Quiver = Dead Mans Legacy. Dont bother with top notch max. crit chance and/or attackspeed. Any DML with +9% crit chance and 19% attackspeed is fine. Look for some with +250dex and vita. Dont bother with the demon hunter skill on it other if you are lucky and find one with rapid fire on it.

Splitt your total budget like this:

30% on weapon and quiver
    50% on armor
    20% on gems

In terms of gems just make sure getting at least a 90% crit damage emerald for your xbow. Star emeralds are fine for your armor. You can upgrade those later. Its way easier to upgrade gems then waste money on half decent items and replace those a few days later and losing money when selling your stuff again.

This is exactly the kind of answer i was looking for, thank you :)
    Another Tip in regards of buying stuff...

ALWAYS check auctions sorted by lowest time remaining. Sometimes you can get good items way cheaper by bidding on em instead of just b/o the first cheapest b/o piece fitting your search pattern. Just sort first by lowest b/o price and then switch to lowest time remaining.

F.e. You are looking for an inna´s chest with +200 vit and +150dex. The cheapest b/o is 5mil. Now you sort by lowest time remaining and find a similar chest with 1mil current bid and 29min remaining. My rule of thumb is to place a bid worth 80% of the cheapest b/o. So you would place a 4mil bid. Either you are lucky and win the bid a few minutes later or search again and rinse repeat. If no auction s running out while a given timeframe(lets say 1hr) go for the cheapest b/o.

If you are not in hurry building your set try to get as many items by bid. With the left over money you can buy either a better weapon or spend more on gems. :) Always try to get the best deal for your bucks. :)
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Another Tip in regards of buying stuff...

ALWAYS check auctions sorted by lowest time remaining. Sometimes you can get good items way cheaper by bidding on em instead of just b/o the first cheapest b/o piece fitting your search pattern. Just sort first by lowest b/o price and then switch to lowest time remaining.

F.e. You are looking for an inna´s chest with +200 vit and +150dex. The cheapest b/o is 5mil. Now you sort by lowest time remaining and find a similar chest with 1mil current bid and 29min remaining. My rule of thumb is to place a bid worth 80% of the cheapest b/o. So you would place a 4mil bid. Either you are lucky and win the bid a few minutes later or search again and rinse repeat. If no auction s running out while a given timeframe(lets say 1hr) go for the cheapest b/o.

If you are not in hurry building your set try to get as many items by bid. With the left over money you can buy either a better weapon or spend more on gems. :) Always try to get the best deal for your bucks. :)

great stuff! would you mind helping me out with my witch doc aswell, i got it too 60 and i love wd but i was never able to play it properly cause i kept getting oneshot on inferno :)
    Im familiar with building sets for all 5 classes and their common builds. However i would recommand heading to the wd forums. Im sure you will find more experienced people over there. Im playing my wd just for fun&giggles on mp5/6
    Watch this video, it's a really nice guide on how to build a budget set.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rnh7RO-1Y&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLcsVFuoxCoO8YPh5luXtAywWbFqBoKn7G
    An alternative to a manticore is Calamity. It has a chance to cast Marked for Death on your target, which is a 12% dmg increase, very useful against elites. It comes with CD always, and can roll a socket. A 1 socket manti and a socketed calamity will probably be similar in dps value, depending on your passives. I personally find it a more rewarding gameplay experience to have a higher rate of attack.
    I've tried the calamity route. If you include Marked for Death, the damage vlaues are close but the problem is Marked only hits one target, so its not that useful. Calamity's higher attack speed does make more for more fun game play but for a rapid fire built, the resource juggling is too great.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes