DH - Your Expansion Wishlist

Make the Bows worth using. That is all.
    Hatred can be generated even by shooting in the air, we need something like X hatred in return on crit, on kill or on whatever.
    I don't think we need some buffs - it's more like some things that currently exist should either be nerfed or dropped completely. Namely:

1. Reflect. Tell me: what's the fucking point in getting those 500k+ DPS and 1M+ crits from big shots if they make you insta-kill yourself all the time? Where's the fucking logic in that? What's the fun part about having this mechanic in the game? It's literally a huge spit in the face of everyone who enjoys the "glass cannon" type of gameplay (which I think the main reason to play ranged classes in D3).

2. Nerf other classes' ability to farm-on-the-run, while abusing OP mechanics. I have an archon wizard, whose DPS is like 2 times lower than my DH's. But that's not a problem, because the Archon's beam hits harder than my DH's hatred spenders AND hits through walls AND the form itself grants a huge survivability boost AND I can maintain it for like 95% of the time. My WW barb, whose entire set costs less than my DH's Vile Ward, can faceroll MP10 with no kiting, by just running through everything. Such things have to go.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with my DH.
    Quote from SolTheDruid

1. Reflect. Tell me: what's the fucking point in getting those 500k+ DPS and 1M+ crits from big shots if they make you insta-kill yourself all the time? Where's the fucking logic in that? What's the fun part about having this mechanic in the game? It's literally a huge spit in the face of everyone who enjoys the "glass cannon" type of gameplay (which I think the main reason to play ranged classes in D3).

A reflect requires you to rethink your intent. Even the Hell Knights in D2 with their Iron Maiden is circumventable and that's a more head splitting problem.

Wait it out, control your foes, keep your Discipline up then when the time is right, unleash your Hatred.

The DH lacks "field control" especially now that mob densities have increased.
    sto lavorando
    Quote from inkcheese
    A reflect requires you to rethink your intent. Even the Hell Knights in D2 with their Iron Maiden is circumventable and that's a more head splitting problem.

Wait it out, control your foes, keep your Discipline up then when the time is right, unleash your Hatred.

Well, that's what Blizzard think about how it should work, but that's not what actually happens - for several reasons. First, sometimes mobs turn on their reflect at different times, which means I have to have wings all the time to attack them. There's no decision making involved, only annoyance. Second, sometimes that reflective mob is not even on my screen - several my Ele Arrows fly to him, crit for 900k, I'm insta-dead without even knowing what killed me. That's not fun at all.

Oh, and don't even get me started on how melees don't give a crap about this monster affix.
    I just got my DH to 430k DPS (buffed) and tried MP9&10 and I must admit I was mistaken - DH's really lack effective DPS. My monk friend's char sheet DPS is 3 times lower than mine, but the amount of self-buffs he has and innately high weapon damage coefficents of his abilities (800%+ bell anyone?) bring his real-world DPS to my level and even beyond. And my gear is like 5-10 times more expensive. Honestly, I think that even my WD, while wearing my wizard's set (hence not optimized for WD), will provide more effective DPS at higher MP's than my DH.

Weapon damage coefficents of DH's abilites should go up by 50-200%, depending on their Hatred costs and depending on what type of gameplay they support. I mean, currently there's a huge shift towards face-tanking (hence mines or RF) at higher MP's. Being able to play with huge ranged nukes should become a viable option.
    Quote from SolTheDruid

I just got my DH to 430k DPS (buffed) and tried MP9&10 and I must admit I was mistaken - DH's really lack effective DPS. My monk friend's char sheet DPS is 3 times lower than mine, but the amount of self-buffs he has and innately high weapon damage coefficents of his abilities (800%+ bell anyone?) bring his real-world DPS to my level and even beyond. And my gear is like 5-10 times more expensive. Honestly, I think that even my WD, while wearing my wizard's set (hence not optimized for WD), will provide more effective DPS at higher MP's than my DH.

Weapon damage coefficents of DH's abilites should go up by 50-200%, depending on their Hatred costs and depending on what type of gameplay they support. I mean, currently there's a huge shift towards face-tanking (hence mines or RF) at higher MP's. Being able to play with huge ranged nukes should become a viable option.

Same place as me. 900h spent on DH and those hours feel like sadomasochism. Why the hell anyone would want to play a demon hunter when it's severely forgotten less powerful and less tanky compared to everything else? God damn monk and wizard feel like the sweet spot in this game. I had a 518k DPS (buffed) and god damn it wasn't effective at all it's like mp8 but that's it. The moment i switched to monk i felt what faceroll really is....
    This class needs major changes in most of the abilities to be able to look like a ranged incredibly fast assassin or something like that. At the moment dh is little girl underworld movie look-a-like who is pretending to do something that isn't ment for her ( RF don't insta kill me pls builds)
    (AAAND MY ENGLISH IS BAD DON'T JUDGE :P )
    I'm at 320k dps buffed and I can solo mp10. Not so effective because of the "low" DPS but I'm tanking it just fine. I usually farm at mp7 or 8 to be a little more effective regarding XP gain/drops.

At ~300 resist and 40k hp.

Using Night Stalker with Shadow Power you can keep the latter up like 90% of the time, just tanking by healing myself with output damage and avoiding arcane beams/desecration/firechains etc...
    Quote from Kunk

I'm at 320k dps buffed and I can solo mp10. Not so effective because of the "low" DPS but I'm tanking it just fine. I usually farm at mp7 or 8 to be a little more effective regarding XP gain/drops.

Using Night Stalker with Shadow Power you can keep the latter up like 90% of the time, just tanking by healing myself with output damage and avoiding arcane beams/desecration/firechains etc...

I wasn't talking about 3 hour run average ~2 deaths per elite pack. the thread is for something else.
    Quote from Neooo

Quote from Kunk

I wasn't talking about 3 hour run average ~2 deaths per elite pack. the thread is for something else.

Neither am I.
    30-40 min runs.
    Experiment different builds.

I'm not saying DHs are fine, I agree that they need fixing. But there are "workarounds" to be able to farm mp10.
    If I had 500k+ DPS I would definetly be facerolling mp10, since I'm doing 40min runs at 320k buffed.
    Quote from Kunk

Anyone can solo MP10, the only thing that differs is efficiency.

Also, I personally hate face-tanking as a DH. I'd like to see CA changed to something like +500% CHD, - 50% Vit, -50% AR, -50% Armor. I mean, I want to play as a fragile kiter that relies on huge crits from range at MP10, but right now I can't play DH as a glass cannon, since there's simply no cannon (yes, RF is nice, but it still requires face-tanking).
    Quote from SolTheDruid

Quote from Kunk

Anyone can solo MP10, the only thing that differs is efficiency.

Also, I personally hate face-tanking as a DH. I'd like to see CA changed to something like +500% CHD, - 50% Vit, -50% AR, -50% Armor. I mean, I want to play as a fragile kiter that relies on huge crits from range at MP10, but right now I can't play DH as a glass cannon, since there's simply no cannon (yes, RF is nice, but it still requires face-tanking).

Yep, I agree!
    I hope they fix the snapshotting.
    Quote from SolTheDruid

Quote from inkcheese

Well, that's what Blizzard think about how it should work, but that's not what actually happens - for several reasons. First, sometimes mobs turn on their reflect at different times, which means I have to have wings all the time to attack them. There's no decision making involved, only annoyance. Second, sometimes that reflective mob is not even on my screen - several my Ele Arrows fly to him, crit for 900k, I'm insta-dead without even knowing what killed me. That's not fun at all.

Oh, and don't even get me started on how melees don't give a crap about this monster affix.

I think I manage my mobs in an unorthodox then because I don't have that trouble or maybe it's because I don't use RF Bombardment.

As ranged, DH and the Wizard have very weak crowd control (unless your playing CMWW with the Wiz), which they should have to better kite, and have generally weak nukes (Arcane Orb, Impale). These classes I think drew the short straw in terms of design with the Monk coming in a close 2nd.
    sto lavorando
    Played my DH to lv100 on mp10 and never had any trouble with reflect mobs. 15%LS from gloom is huge. Although I played the rapid fire face tank everything set up.
    Ya but here comes Archon wizard with his insane EHP/DPS boosts, why don't DHs have archon form :dh: :dh:
    Quote from inkcheese

As ranged, DH and the Wizard have very weak crowd control (unless your playing CMWW with the Wiz), which they should have to better kite, and have generally weak nukes (Arcane Orb, Impale).

Here's how I see it: if I have to kite, I lose eDPS. So, considering the loss of eDPS, to farm MP10 efficiently with a kiting build, my char sheet DPS should be high. Like, REALLY high. So high, I'm not even sure it's reachable right now. Another option is to avoid losing eDPS, i.e. not kite at all, just stand still and tank to have nearly 100% DPS uptime (that's what most top geared DH currently do). But in this case CC is useless.
    I always thought of DH as 'kill or be killed', which for me translates to good mobility, decent control, insane damage but very low defenses - so, easier to kill targets then other classes, which now is complete opposite.

Mobility seems fine as is now, thought I dont like how discipline works like now, could be tweaked a bit. Control, well traps are somewhat lacking compared to the number of monsters and field of view. DH already has low defenses, which is fine.

So I'd say, bring their DPS up, bring more ways how to dodge projectiles and I'll be fine to play DH again.
    Quote from AsHeavenIsWide

Make the Bows worth using. That is all.

Can't state it better, and also Blizzard should balance the skill / DPH / DPS calculation better so its viable to use all combination how a DH equip ( X-bow+Quiver, Bow+Quiver, Hand X-bow+Quiver, Dual wield Hand X-bow, X-bow+Shield, and 1 hand melee weapon+ shield ). Possibly there should be a new DH specific Shield ( legendary or a set with a hand X-Bow ) that match the like of Deadman. I would say it would need an exceptionally large boost to Min Damage.

Also some of the skill should be revised to be able to be used without a bow, say Strafe-Stinging Steel , you don't need a bow to throw knives , similar for Strafe-Demolition.

All the cloaks , rare and legendary need exceptional boost to stat. Right now its like the only one being used is Natalya, and that's because of the set bonus and those 3 socket ( some rare have that, but they can't give the set bonus ). And many choose instead to use Inna, which reflect how much Blizzard fail on this one.
    Quote from Kyoob

I always thought of DH as 'kill or be killed', which for me translates to good mobility, decent control, insane damage but very low defenses - so, easier to kill targets then other classes, which now is complete opposite.

So true, with the wing on and a decent armor and resist, some HP, and we are seeing DH tanking. I miss the day I have to keep moving my rogue ( D1 ) to avoid getting hit by the Butcher, and fire, run, fire, run, and fire run, routine I need to be doing on my Amazon in D2. I am finding my DH more or less always standing and simply serve like turret, but a turret that need like twice or even thrice the time and hit needed as others.

I think Blizzard should bring back the crushing blow on D2 ( one hit will always reduce remaining HP by a certain 1/4, or 1/8 or .. disregard how much HP it might be and how little damage the blow suppose to have ) and this should apply both way ( but perhaps not on PvP ). This will mean players are less likely to just spam their skill all while standing in and between hoards and mobs ( pretty un-realistic and lazy game play I say )
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes