Demon Hunter DPS Calculator

Quote from Dretar

Quote from qwaszx

thanks for making this spreadsheet!!

possible to upload to mediafire?

cant download from rapidshare.

I've sent you a pm with an alternate link.

The link is not workin for me either, could you please PM me an alternative link too ?

Looks like you did a great job there and exactly what I need before buying something in AH :-)

Dziekuje bardzo ;)
    For those who cannot download via rapidshare, there is an alternate link added to the main post (sendspace.pl - another file hosting site).
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/
    Thanks for the link update, working good, thank you !
    One thing -
    I personally use this to get a (general) idea of my current "statweights" (yes, I play WoW, and I'm going to use WoW terms, deal with it) to find out what exactly I want to gear towards (other than the obvious direct comparison). For example, right now, I can tell you that 1% crit would increase my damage with about 1300.
    Is there any way you could make another version of the document (I can't alter it myself), where you can have two gearsets with the same weapon (xbow, bow, 1h's) plugged in, and add a new column that subtracts the DPS from gear set 1, from the DPS from gear set 2? This way, it'd be easy to figure out what each "stat" is worth to you (eg, add 1 dexterity in gearset 2, the number in the column = your dext statweight). I doubt it'd be alot of work, as it's basicly just copying the template for each weapon type, and adding one "=column X - Column Y" command, but it would make it alot easier than what I'm doing right now (using word document to remember my former dps, etc) :P.
    It would also help "direct comparison", as you'd have your old gearset to hold it up against, to easier see every single change exchanging an item would net you, rather than trying to remember the stats :).
    Quote from Draco_Draco

One thing -
    I personally use this to get a (general) idea of my current "statweights" (yes, I play WoW, and I'm going to use WoW terms, deal with it) to find out what exactly I want to gear towards. For example, right now, I can tell you that 1% crit would increase my damage with about 1300.
    Is there any way you could make another version of the document (I can't alter it myself), where you can have two gearsets with the same weapon (xbow, bow, 1h's) plugged in, and add a new column that subtracts the DPS from gear set 1, from the DPS from gear set 2? This way, it'd be easy to figure out what each "stat" is worth to you (eg, add 1 dexterity in gearset 2, the number in the column = your dext statweight). I doubt it'd be alot of work, as it's basicly just copying the template for each weapon type, and adding one "=column X - Column Y" command, but it would make it alot easier than what I'm doing right now (using word document to remember my former dps, etc) :P.

Below the big table there is a smaller one with a rows named "change of 1", "X", "change of X". If you look in the "row change of 1" the figures represented in the row represent how much your dps grows by adding 1% crit chance, 1% crit dmg, 1 min dmg, 1 max dmg or 1 dex increase to your current build..

From what i understand, these figures represent the "weights" your talking about, because If 1 dex gives me 3 dps, and 1 minimum dmg gives me 6 dps, this means that i will be better off taking an upgrade with +10 minimum damage, rather than +19 dexterity..

Are we on the same page?
    Hi.

Thx for the awesome work!

I only have one question.
    I assume you're using the 1.10 attacks per seconds for the crossbows in the speadsheet?
    What about xbows that have a different attack speed than normal xbows (http://us.battle.net...ecipe/starspine for example)? Is there a way to change the attack speed of the weapon? I'm currently recalculating the damage range of the crossbow to match the dps it would have with a 1.1 speed but I think that gives a slight variation of dps in the end after taking other buff into account.

From what i understand, these figures represent the "weights" your talking about, because If 1 dex gives me 3 dps, and 1 minimum dmg gives me 6 dps, this means that i will be better off taking an upgrade with +10 minimum damage, rather than +19 dexterity..

Are we on the same page?

I think that he wants the force of each stat relative to one another, whit one stat as reference (i.e: dex ).
    In your example, it would be :
    dex = 1
    min dmg = 2
    and we could imaginne further:
    crit dmg = 1.7
    IAS = 1.2
    etc..
    Quote from Dretar

Quote from Draco_Draco

One thing -
    I personally use this to get a (general) idea of my current "statweights" (yes, I play WoW, and I'm going to use WoW terms, deal with it) to find out what exactly I want to gear towards. For example, right now, I can tell you that 1% crit would increase my damage with about 1300.

Below the big table there is a smaller one with a rows named "change of 1", "X", "change of X". If you look in the "row change of 1" the figures represented in the row represent how much your dps grows by adding 1% crit chance, 1% crit dmg, 1 min dmg, 1 max dmg or 1 dex increase to your current build..

Are we on the same page?

Actually, you're completly right - I just never noticed it. The only issue here is that this seems to be bows-only (using the row from bow), while I'm using an Xbow. The dmg results are very skewed due to the 15% flat dmg bonus, and the 50% critical dmg bonus. Even knowing this is here though, I can't edit it to change all the cells to the O column instead of the L column. Making one for each weapon type would be much appreciated =p.

To the other poster: We're already putting it up against a "relative" term, 1 DMG.
    Quote from Draco_Draco

Quote from Dretar

Quote from Draco_Draco

One thing -

Are we on the same page?

Actually, you're completly right - I just never noticed it. The only issue here is that this seems to be bows-only (using the row from bow), while I'm using an Xbow. The dmg results are very skewed due to the 15% flat dmg bonus, and the 50% critical dmg bonus. Even knowing this is here though, I can't edit it to change all the cells to the O column instead of the L column. Making one for each weapon type would be much appreciated =p.

To the other poster: We're already putting it up against a "relative" term, 1 DMG.

The little table below is tied to "Variant 1" Data, so if you change the weapon type in Variant 1 to Xbow or hand xbow it will adapt to the correct weapon type.

Perhaps i did not make it clear that "my usage" of the tool is having your current gear in Variant 1 always and checking Variant 2 for upgrades, therefore the table below always shows the weights for the current gear.

Just to be 100% certain, the weapon type in B3 and B19 is adjustable by the user to reflect the correct weapon type he/she is using. It is vital to have the correct weapon type selected, since the weapon speed amount and the archery bonus is derived from the value in B3 or B19.
    Quote from EvilGarfield

Hi.

Thx for the awesome work!

I only have one question.
    I assume you're using the 1.10 attacks per seconds for the crossbows in the speadsheet?
    What about xbows that have a different attack speed than normal xbows (http://us.battle.net...ecipe/starspine for example)? Is there a way to change the attack speed of the weapon? I'm currently recalculating the damage range of the crossbow to match the dps it would have with a 1.1 speed but I think that gives a slight variation of dps in the end after taking other buff into account.

This weapon you link is a crossbow, it has a base attack speed of 1.1, however due to the fact it has "Weapon IAS" of 14%-15% its effective weapon speed is 1.25-1.27.

In such case, please choose "Crossbow" as weapon type, and type in the 14% or 15% in attack speed in the weapon stats (Cell F3 in case of Variant 1 to be precise).
    Uh, that makes sense...I should stop playing around with the spreadsheet after 9hours of learning for my exams.

Anyway thank you again for this tool! :)
    Quote from Dretar

Quote from Draco_Draco

Quote from Dretar

Quote from Draco_Draco

One thing -

Are we on the same page?

The little table below is tied to "Variant 1" Data, so if you change the weapon type in Variant 1 to Xbow or hand xbow it will adapt to the correct weapon type.

Perhaps i did not make it clear that "my usage" of the tool is having your current gear in Variant 1 always and checking Variant 2 for upgrades, therefore the table below always shows the weights for the current gear.

Just to be 100% certain, the weapon type in B3 and B19 is adjustable by the user to reflect the correct weapon type he/she is using. It is vital to have the correct weapon type selected, since the weapon speed amount and the archery bonus is derived from the value in B3 or B19.

Haha, allright - I've been using it completly wrong then. I thought that, as one page was named Bow, and the other page named Crossbow from the go, that I was supposed to use nr 1 for bows, and nr 2 for Crossbows - all my needs have been met, knowing what you just said - I don't know if I'm the only person that overlooked that, but it'd probably be a nice addition to the FAQ that you can "change" the weapon type.
    Ok, this quoting business starts to get too long, so I'll just skip it. ;)

Thanks for the feedback on possible mistakes when using the tool, I've added and emphasized some info on the main post regarding the "How To" to the spreadsheet.
    "Which is extremely important to know because there is nothing better than buying a ring for a lot of gold just to see that it actually gives you only 300 more DPS, when you thought it would give you a boost of 2000."

On my current gear I'd pay 500k for just that 300 dps increase. I'll go through that spreadsheet when I have time, interested on seeing how the first DH spreadsheet has gone.
    Aight, now I have a little prayer again - could you please make the "L" column a little bigger? Trying to use it to compare now, but the dps won't show up because there's not enough space, and I can't make "L" bigger due to the lock to show it <____<. Or alternatively, upload a version that we can all edit =P.
    Well seems legit. ^^

Dualwielding however seems still bit tricky to get into the spreadsheet, is it possible to make variant 3 dedicated for 1h-xbows? Its not possible to edit a dual-wield combo although in the end the dualwielding scaling will devour variant 1 and 2.
    Hmm, I plugged all my data in but the Damage as calculated in the spreadsheet does not match what I see in-game. In-game I have a damage of 41828.47 without SS, but the spreadsheet shows me as having 40770.20. I also have manually included the 7% crit chance set bonus from Natalya's but it still seems to be off by about 1k damage in the spreadsheet. Am I missing something? :)

EDIT : Silly me, I put my ring crit damage in the wrong place :P
    Quote from Draco_Draco

Aight, now I have a little prayer again - could you please make the "L" column a little bigger? Trying to use it to compare now, but the dps won't show up because there's not enough space, and I can't make "L" bigger due to the lock to show it <____<. Or alternatively, upload a version that we can all edit =P.<br/>

Since version 1.01 the possibility to adjusting row and column width is unlocked, so I'm sorry but I don't understand the issue you're having.

Quote from Kitsunebi

Well seems legit. ^^

Dualwielding however seems still bit tricky to get into the spreadsheet, is it possible to make variant 3 dedicated for 1h-xbows? Its not possible to edit a dual-wield combo although in the end the dualwielding scaling will devour variant 1 and 2.

It is not that "Variant 1" is for Bows and "Variant 2 for Xbows". See the "Read before using" from the main post please. Variants in this case mean more like "options of the gear i want to compare".

"7) It is Vital to select from the scroll-down list the appropriate Weapon Type for both Variants (cells B3 and B19) since the base weapon speed and the archery passive bonus are derived from the weapon type."

&

"8) The file consists of 2 sheets. The first sheet is devoted to single-wielding style, the second to dual-wielding style."

So: for bow + quiver go sheet 1 and adjust weapon type for bow. For xbow + quiver - the same, for hand xbow + quiver the same. For 2x hand xbows - go to sheet 2.
    Problem solved, Dretar. Not sure how - might have been a typo or a game glitch but the table and the game are at the same numbers now. :)
    Quote from Dretar

Quote from Draco_Draco

Aight, now I have a little prayer again - could you please make the "L" column a little bigger? Trying to use it to compare now, but the dps won't show up because there's not enough space, and I can't make "L" bigger due to the lock to show it <____<. Or alternatively, upload a version that we can all edit =P.<br/>

Since version 1.01 the possibility to adjusting row and column width is unlocked, so I'm sorry but I don't understand the issue you're having.

I'm sitting with the 1.02 version here, and it deffo can't move the columns to make them wider. Keep getting the "protected cells can't be changed".
    Right click the column in question and select "adjust column width" or just grab the column by the tiny edge and widen it manually.

I am working on a protected sheet as well and I can do that.

And even if I block the possibility to widen them, i do not get an error, because i cannot even make an attempt to widen them. o.O

What software are you using to open the xlsx?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes