Fellow DH in need of advice and some clarifications.

Hello, good afternoon!

So i recently got back to Diablo 3, and i have some questions about DH ofc, so i can try to maximize my gameplay while having fun.

First off all this is my char:

rTellez#2262 (Can't post links yet!)

Questions:

1 - How can i improve the damage? I'm currently on MP2/3, on ACT3! (keep in mind that i'm not swimming in gold, 20M!) More CD, CC, IAS?

2 - After some searching i cannot find any build to work out with Multishot and i really love the ability. I've seen the Strafe variant, but i'm not really a huge fan of the gameplay.. too much Barbarian for me! :) Any other builds you can advice?

3 - Elemental Arrow : What's the big difference in damage from Ball Lightning, or Nether Tentacles? Does BL hit more times? Should the 3% be neglected? What am i missing here?

Thank you all!
    Nice gear. The thing holding you back is imo the weapon. Its just way too low dps.

Also you might want to try a ruby in 2nd socket.
    A ruby benefits from +%dmg affix on the weapon, thus
    130 avg dmg * %wpn dmg * Atk speed = DPS gain of wpn

30% wpn dmg example
    130 * 1.3 * 1.22 = 206 dps

In other words, you need a 2 socket manticore with about 1100 dps to match the dps of a 1300 dps manticore with 1 socket. Generally I find the latter to be cheaper on AH.

Multishot is basically just inferior to Elemental arrow ball lightning in every way.
    EA has larger area, and shoots further out. Rectangle > Cone
    EA attacks mobs near and even behind you. Multishots attack area is a small dot when mobs are in your face.
    EA cost 50% less hatred than multishot -fire at will.
    EA lightning attacks twice per cast. This doubles your chance at a crit, which is what you rely on to kill. This makes it far far more consistent and reliable.
    EA has a better bonus on quiver, 14% dmg > 7% crit

Its just better. Thats why everyone uses it.

However, if you want to use multishot, then its not a huge loss. Lots of people seem to use it, and I am probably biased. Any build that uses EA can be replaced with Multishot, as they essentially do the same thing AoE.

My personal build is,
    Hungering arrow devouring arrow
    EA - Ball Lightining
    Spike Trap - echoing blast
    Smoke screen - lingering fog
    Shadow power - gloom
    Companion - Ferret

Archery - Steady Aim - Perfectionist

The companion ferret is obviously not necessary. I like to use it because he picks up my gold for me, and I just run by mobs as I slaughter them.

Ball lightning has double the area as nether tentacles, which generally makes it far superior.
    No one really cares about the 3% LS as Sahdowpower takes care of the healing.
    Hello!

Thank you for your answer. I took some of my money and bought a new weapon, i got 14k DPS from it!
    Also changed to Steady Aim.

About EA thank you for your clarification.
    U can add me ingame if u need some more help :)
    A Multishot Guide. You'd probably drop Strafe for whatever else you wanted to use.
    you can change your belt to innas and get 130dex set bonus+1%crit+whatever u can afford on it, it should net you some more dps, though your belt is alright too.
    I made a real Multishot centric build and posted it here. I am trying it out in game, and I am shocked at how well it works.
    Quote from morbidlymystic

I made a real Multishot centric build and posted it here. I am trying it out in game, and I am shocked at how well it works.

I've tryed something similar, but MS is a bit messed up with the hitbox. Was fun at least for low MP!

Quote from halfzware

you can change your belt to innas and get 130dex set bonus+1%crit+whatever u can afford on it, it should net you some more dps, though your belt is alright too.

Nice advice, worth some dps! Snapped the Belt from my monk! :)
    Huh? You said you loved Multishot in the fist post...

Though it does take awhile to get used to the targeting.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes