DH - How viable is dual wield atm?

Im kinda bored of my manticore and the cookie cutter lightningball spec. So, how viable is dual wield atm on higher MP's? I might wanne give it a try.

I have the following questions about it:

-What kind of damage range on weapons is needed? (Calamity / Danetta's Spite) (ofc with sockets etc)
    -How important is offhand dps?
    -What spec do you use?
    -Stats on gear (in what order to pick? (AS-CC-CD)

Please, post your findings about dual wielding so I can decide to give it a try or not. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for my bad english :)
    Dun really know but what you can do is downlad the DH Spreadsheet over here http://www.diablofans.com/topic/46517-demon-hunter-dps-calculator/ and check for your self. At the bottom right is "Single Wield vs Dual Wield" comparison. Good luck!
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jamoose-2376/hero/12306376

My dh uses dual wield xbows but i cant really go on high mp since my gear wont allow it. It's pretty heavily gear dependent.

DW is viable, but not as easy as Xbow & quiver. The biggest issue is that chances are you loose 200 odd vita from not having a quiver.
    Calamity & Danettas Spite is the most common route, but a decent rare with dex, crit damage & a socket is getting there. If I use my 10xx dps 2 soc manticore I gain about 25k dps, and a bundle load of vita from DML.
    I run with just over 200k dps with a legacy nat set and run MP5 for keys with very few issues, but above this takes a long time. I run ubers on MP7 or 8, in a group, but DHs dont scale very well at higher MPs regardless of set up.
    Personally I would only attempt higher MP with a DH as a 'challenge' as it is far far from efficient. I'd you want to run MP 10, use a barb.

Btw- off hand is just as important as the main hand, attacks vary from one to the next, and dps shown on the character screen is an average if the two.
    Id say perfectly viable.
    If it is what u enjoy most, then there is no question. Go for it.
    It has more good outcoms I would say

-you can have life steal/loh on both weapons, thus more
    -crit dmg on both weapons, thus definitely more then just on 1 (even then 2 sock manticore)

^(to somebody up)and who said u cant roll more then 200vit on a wpn?

Really there is nothing wrong with it. When I was playing dh I enjoyed it, and thats it. Also you might find it alot cheaper then 2h+quiver but thats just my guess, not playing dh anymore. Good luck :P
    TL;DR answer: It's perfectly viable, just much more expensive.
    It is fun and worth the time looking for the 1h's in the ah. Might take a few days to find what u r looking for took me about 2 weeks to find mine. And I would go for ias then chc. And that all depends on how your gear is set up now ie leg nats or mep build. It might be a whole gear swap
    I really wanna try a DW spec as well. Thank you for the spreadsheet!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes