2h+quiver vs dual xbows question

So im not that good with numbers so ill put it in the way i understand it..
    Generaly from what i see on forums ppl usually say 2h + quiver is better than dual xbow, if they have same or close stats and bonuses, in terms that 2h is better on dps...
    But from what i see ingame is that dual xbows, while doing less dps per attack make more attacks thus generating more hatred than 2h + quiver, so you can spam more high dmg skills..with that in mind im asking if i got something wrong or ?
    The high damage skills you can spam more also do less damage and cost more hatred per time as you attack faster. And as you need a lot longer to generate hatred with only hatred generators than to spend it, i dont think it is worthwhile IF you use the hatred spender for damage, while having a faster weapon is i think worthwhile if you use it for utility (like e.g. impact impale) which has an effect not based upon how fast you attack. In the case of impact impale you get the problem that it is absolutely useless hell+ so... yeah :P

The real advantage of fast weapons i think is things like nightstalker/bitter pill (nightstalker especially with archery bonus for 1h-xbow) So procs happen more often as they are based upon a percentage (hopefully ^^). Ofc if they are ppm based then fast weapons would have no advantage in that regard.

Another thing to consider is how boni on the two weapons correlate. There could be affixes like +damage % (don't think it is the case for this, but just so you know what i mean ^^) or sth. that work on both weapons instead of only the weapon it is on like increased attackspeed. If there are some of those, that could be one of the only factors that could bring 2 1h-xbows en par with crossbows/bows+quiver.

If i had a bit of gold for testing such things with AH weapons i'd do so, but i dont (yet) so i hope someone else will do it and tell us how it is ^^

Oh and ofc the last point is only really relevant in the case of absolute high end weapons where xbows and bows reach over 1300DPS while 1h-xbows cap at sth. like 1000DPS... (not sure about the numbers, but you get the idea)
    Quote from Robi

The high damage skills you can spam more also do less damage and cost more hatred per time as you attack faster.

Yea i didnt look on it from that angle, thanks :)
    Acctually there is one mechanic that can push 1h crossbows beyond 2h's, you can dual socket crit % dmg, some of DH abilities have very potent crit effects and it's easy to reach 40-50% crit chance and have 3-4-5x multiplier for critical hits while the weapons still hold out a relatively high dmg values, the extra hit on crit % dmg, can be gamebreaking.
    dw hand bows is not great as the 15% ias can already be given on quiver, but it depends on the affixes of your weapons. Dual wielding lets you stack certain affixes that would not be possible on a quiver or perhaps shield. But does anyone know if life on hit would apply to both weapons or just the weapon with it? I thought dual wielding sockets with emeralds could give some good life on hit.

Edit - I think it's amethysts for life on hit...
    Quote from MasterDinadan

dw hand bows is not great as the 15% ias can already be given on quiver, but it depends on the affixes of your weapons. Dual wielding lets you stack certain affixes that would not be possible on a quiver or perhaps shield. But does anyone know if life on hit would apply to both weapons or just the weapon with it? I thought dual wielding sockets with emeralds could give some good life on hit.

Edit - I think it's amethysts for life on hit...

I got 2* Radiant Square emeralds, I'm getting 60% more critical strike damage per gem and my DH has 38%(+3%/sec) chance to crit, 1.4k dex and ~+275% critical strike damage.
    Personally I am seeing better results with a 2Hbow+quiver than I was with my DW handxbows. Statwise you should be able to find the same but the bow will get a 15% bonus from the passive ability. I usually socket mine with some sort of Ruby and it works out even nicer.
    I suspect duel-wielding xbows will work (as people have said in this thread) really well with Crit damage % increases. a flat 10% crit while using 1h xbows combined with an extra socket to squeeze another emerald into could really throttle your damage. I don't believe crit dmg % is included into you dps however.

Unfortunately as I haven't yet finished hell and am still 3 lvls shy of cap i haven't really sat down and sused it out. I will do however and will defiantly post my findings here when i do. It will be the 1st thing i work out when i hit 60. If i can find someone else who has crunched the numbers ill happily share their info with you.

Thanks Caniroth for the awesome sig!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes