Tried making the build that most caters to how I figure I will be playing my crusader. Calling it the "Drag 'n Drop" build. Round the enemies up with Sweep attack and Steed Charge, control them with Law empowerment and Consecration, then kill them all with Falling Sword. Smite the runners.
Try to stack cooldown reduction to be able to drop on them more often!
I'll swap out Punish (Roar) for Punish (Retaliate) against bosses. Once I've got some better gear/Paragon and don't need the extra tankyness, I'll swap out Iron Skin(Explosive Skin) for Judgement(Resolved) because who DOESN'T want +80% crit :p
Anyone who had beta can answer the following? How much has this changed since the last version in beta. does it still look like it will have poor resource generation? how about survivability? I was looking at all the skills and passives that add % chance to block Are these additive? Like 30% chance + 15% chance Plus a shield with 20% chance to block = 65% chance? because if that is the case I think I know how I am building my crusader.
Thorns set of course and loads of cooldown reduction gear & paragon points.
Probably won't work the way I'd like it to work, but it's going to be a blast to try all the different options for Thorns on the Crusader.
Helm: Crown of the Invoker (Thorns set)
Shoulders: Death Watch Mantle
Gloves: Pride of the Invoker (Thorns set 2)
Bracers: Shackles of the Invoker (Thorns set 3)
Chest Armor: Demon's Marrow (Demon's hide for addiotional 6000 fire-type Thorns)
Waist: Demon's Restraint (Demon's hide 2)
Legs: Captain Crimson's Thrust (Cpt. Crimson for cooldown reduction)
Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders (Cpt. Crimson 2)
Amulet: Moonlight Ward for now
Ring 1: Ring of Royal Grandeur (I'm not seeing it in the game guide... that would be a shame. Replace shoulders with Thorn's shoulders in that case. Justice Lantern as the alternative here)
Ring 2: Stone of Jordan (need Elite damage)
Just dreaming of something that might work. I did the same before D3 release and failed horribly, so I wouldn't take this build too serious. Socket Topaz in weapon, Diamond in helmet. Cooldown Reduction paragon, cooldown reduction gear. Thorns whenever you can get them.