Gear Check/help please

Hello everyone! I have been having alot of fun on my barb latley but i feel like i wanna step it up to MP10 and infernal machine soon but it feels like im not quite there yet. I have been trying to farm on MP7 but with unlucky champion setups i die, sometimes 4 or 5 times on some packs. Maybe im just not doing it right ^^

Here is a link to my barb: http://e u.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Daiker-2467/hero/79148
    (Just remove the space at eu in the URL, had to make a new account so i canät post links yet, forgot the password to my other account)
    Im playing with the rend spec atm but i will gladly take help on both spec and gear if you spot something you think is wrong!

My budget is at around 700mil atm, hoping to get some more gold when my auctions sell.

I'm gratefull for all the help or hints i can get!
    I was writing down some hints till I noticed that you probably have not even looked at your char ingame for months. Almost every slot can be upgraded for waaaaaaay less than your budget. You just have to look.

I mean your ring does not even have strengh on it. How hard can it be to find a upgrade ? It's like opening the AH and looking for 2 sec, 5 tops.

Why not look at the X thousand other "what should I do?" threads and learn by yourself.
    I have actually been playing on this char everyday for the past month or so :(
    The ring with no srt on it still gives me better dmg, life and proctection then a 120ish str ring does so it feels like a downgrade if i get one.
    This is a very different build than I'm used to seeing as far as what gear you chose for which slots. The most obvious thing I see is that you could pick up another 12% run speed through Inna's pants, Tyreal's Might chest or Lacuni bracers. I also tend to think that Mempos are overpriced for the benefit they provide and generally suggest an IK helm. I'll have to really dig into your build to see what I might do differently, but I don't have the time right now. I'll try to post something later today. Also, I'm not really sure what's going on with your skills. In general, if I see both Rend and Hota, I'd expect a Skorn build with Sprint: Marathon. If I see Sprint: RltW, I expect to see WW as it makes it so much easier to drop tornadoes on enemies' heads.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    After more review and some fiddling with a calculator, here's what I'd suggest:

A mediocre IK helm is probably a wash with the mempo you currently have, so if you can save money by switching it's worth it. I don't have the client available right now though so I can't compare prices.

Your best bet to pick up the run speed is probably +vit Inna's Temperance pants.

A decent Witching Hour belt will increase your damage.

I think you are undervaluing +min-max damage on jewelry. In particular, I'd work on crafting a new amulet with strength, +min-max damage, crit chance and crit damage. If you get attack speed, armor, vitality or resist all, that's a bonus, but I'd shoot for the other stuff I mentioned.

I'd work on crafting better bracers too.

It's probably worth getting IK gloves with crit damage even if you lose a little strength.

For boots, I'd go with Natalya's Bloody Footprints paired with a Natalya's Reflection Ring. The ring to replace is actually the one with strength since both of your rings currently add about the same amount of DPS, but the one without the strength adds about 4 times as much EHP as the one with strength.

Swap your main and off-hand weapons. RLtW tornadoes will do more damage that way since the axe's damage range is higher. You'll also fear guys less often with the tornadoes.

I think that's the best I can do without a better explanation of what you are doing with your skills. if you are using RLtW as a significant source of DPS, then you can work on attack speed breakpoint optimization and consider dropping Rend for WW. If you are not, then I think you're better off dropping RLtW for Marathon to make your runs faster, and it might be worth trying out a Skorn to see how it compares. Also, I don't think you should need Bloodlust on Rend, though more power to you if you feel like you do.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Wow, thanks alot! I'll try these things out as soon as i can.
    Maybe it will help if i explain how i fight?
    I keep BR up at all times. Then throw up Rend to get health back (and always keeping Rend up) and then just spam HotA and get even more health back from my 700k-1milion crits with bloodthirst.
    When i run into champions i do the same thing but also try to surrond them with twisters from RLtW to gain more fury and then keep spaming HoTa.
    Quote from Daiker

Wow, thanks alot! I'll try these things out as soon as i can.
    Maybe it will help if i explain how i fight?
    I keep BR up at all times. Then throw up Rend to get health back (and always keeping Rend up) and then just spam HotA and get even more health back from my 700k-1milion crits with bloodthirst.
    When i run into champions i do the same thing but also try to surrond them with twisters from RLtW to gain more fury and then keep spaming HoTa.

Once your crit chance is higher, you may find out you don't really need the tornadoes anymore then. Give it a shot and see what you think, and remember that the time you spend running is time you aren't spamming HotA. Also, it may be worth trying either a lifeleech Skorn (expensive) or a LL belt (probably IK) + Bloodthirst with high DPS / crit damage / strength (and maybe vit) Skorn (socketed either way) since it will improve your Rend damage quite a lot. I don't have as much experience with HotA barbs as with WW though, so your mileage may vary.
    Recently i've been playing a similar build. Same abilities, different runes.
    It's very crit dependent, so you need to work on that. Chance for making the build work better/smoother and crit damage for... well damage cause you'll be critting constantly. You don't need much AS, but don't completely neglect it - it's a great attribute, EF + 3AS items are enough with your budget. Try to get about 3k str and some avg dmg.

Try to get weapons with similar base dmg or at least similar minimum damage (~600 is great). This will make HotA dmg balanced and smooth.

You could check out my barb, maybe it will give you some ideas. The setup cost me about 550 mils + crafting. (if you see me with skorn, its a different setup). so its about where you want to be with your gold. I usually farm mp7, because its faster, but im capable of doing mp10 with very rare deaths if i just switch 1 item (andariels -> IK helm).

profile in sig
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes