> 1 billion gear - need advice (WW)

The criticism against me are not totally unfair as I have not been playing as much as you guys might have. I have been spending my time on flipping AH since day 1 since D3 was released.

To the guys who helped me - thank you for your time - please feel free to PM me if you ever need advice and tips according to AH flipping and tactics.

Regards.

Hi,

I just thought i would show the way I'm gearing and what my endgame goals are, take it with a grain of salt.

http://us.battle.net...463/hero/938633

<snip>

Vile Wards aren't necessary, you can get rare shoulders with similar stats for less gold.

Amulets can't roll lifesteal so I assume you meant life on hit. I can't understand why there are barbs with 100k+ dps still believing Life on Hit is worth anything. Just as a little reminder: The procchance of LoH on Tornados is 8%. It's a completly useless stat as soon as you reach enough dps compared to lifesteal.

Also I would advise you to go for IK 2 Piece (chest and gloves) if you can afford it. The up to 200 str, 300 vit, 80 allres and +armor chest with 3 sockets and gloves with up to 200 str and trifecta stats or >200 str + vita + ias + cc is just too good to pass on - especially because you get free 60 allres with the setbonus. You can get the movementspeed on lacunis or your iceclimbers.

Obviously these are longterm advices. ^_^

At the TE:

I would give you the following advices:

Get another amulet - allres and loh on amulet are imo quite wasted if it hasn't really good dps stats. Try to get one with high strength, high avg. damage and crit chance + crit damage (and ias obviously if you find one). Vita is a nice bonus.

Get a witching hour with good strength, allres and high crit damage.

Switch the Innas to a pair with Str + Vita (up to 100 for both) - and 9% IAS if possible.

Get a Stone of Jordan. You would have to find a ring that gives you 25%+ overall dps to counter a 30% and cold SoJ. It doesn't show in the charscreen but who cares?

Weapons:
    First thing to do is swap your main- and offhand, cause the base dmg of your offhand is higher.
    And then you can choose; if you don't need more then 3% lifesteal (from passive), you can go for a high dps offhand sword with strength and critdmg + an echoing fury with high dps and critdmg (obv. both with sockets) or you can take a sword with lifesteal in the offhand. Axes or something else aren't as good in the offhand (if they have same stats), cause of lower speed.

As an example: http://eu.battle.net...90/hero/3479372
    That's my barb so far and the things on the upgrade list are:

1. Lacunis
    2. Innas
    3. Ice Climbers
    4. Offhand

Disclaimer: These are just advices and my own opinion. They might not be "THE" right thing to do and I'm always open for discussions.

The criticism against me are not totally unfair as I have not been playing as much as you guys might have. I have been spending my time on flipping AH since day 1 since D3 was released.

To the guys who helped me - thank you for your time - please feel free to PM me if you ever need advice and tips according to AH flipping and tactics.

Regards.

Whats the point in gearing up then if you dont play the game ?

Regards.

Whats the point in gearing up then if you dont play the game ?

The AH-game can be kinda fun, I admit :S
    OMG i lolled so hard with that comic! I spend about 500-600mil on char, 214k raw dps. + 1bil for what you are wearing sir is silly!
    You gear set up for 1bil is terribly bad. Just saying. You over payed by a LOT on those pieces.

You gear set up for 1bil is terribly bad. Just saying. You over payed by a LOT on those pieces.

Well the gear setup might be bad. That was why I wrote this thread in the first place. Could you be more constructive than stating I have over payed? Which I haven't - I assure you :-)

Exactly why should I clear act IV inferno when all I need is act III? :-) Fis så af.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKhxjfG03A[/video]
    I did mean LOH on amulet, sorry!

ot4ku, what you said really intrigued me, very valuable information. I always find it is good to get another persons perspective. I did a bit of research and this is what i came up with:-

Tyrael's (3 sockets)
    max stat points - 374
    max all res - 80
    has move speed
    +15% damaage to demons

Eternal Reign (stats roll)
    max stat points - 674
    max all res - 80
    bonus armour

Strongarm (stats roll)
    max stat points - 369
    9% life (~100 vitality @ 40k hp)
    bonus armour
    4.5% crit

Lacuni (stats)
    max stat points - 400? (highest i could find on AH was ~330)
    9% attack speed
    has move speed

Rare gloves (tri, double stats, all res)
    max stat points - 400
    80 all res

Irons (with max stats can only have 2/3 tri)
    max stat points - 400
    6% reduced melee damage
    60 all res (set bonus)

IK has 6% melee reduction
    IK has ~ 100-150 extra stats (assuming 9% life = 100 vit)
    IK has + 9% attack speed
    IK has ~200 extra armour

Other set has 1 of trifecta
    Other set has 4.5% crit chance
    Other set has +15% damage to demons
    other set has 20 more all res (including set bonus)

I think using IK would be a more defensive build where as the Other set would be a more offensive one.

Where it starts to get interesting is when you look at different rolls on the gear ( Melee or ranged reduction on strongarm's, or even lacuni's).

Also, in regards to a WW build, I'm not certain if the attack speed would make a difference in regards to the amount of ticks your tornado's do ( I'm not very good at theorycrafting :( )

A question i have is how much lifesteal do you need on a reasonably good character with reasonably good gear? Is 3% enough or do you need 6%? Can you drop from 6% to 3% and pick up 1500 LOH on your amulet (i think that's the cap?) to drop LS off of one of your weapons to get more dps? or a cheaper weapon?

I started to factor in move speed on Ice Climbers but it didn't seem to make too much difference, also it started to make my head hurt.

There's a very good chance I may have missed something, so double check anything that looks out of the ordinary.

thanks for the reply!
    Thanks to the people who helped out in this thread.

To the whining general: Go farm some more.. You might get lucky! :Thumbs Up:

I did mean LOH on amulet, sorry!

ot4ku, what you said really intrigued me, very valuable information. I always find it is good to get another persons perspective. I did a bit of research and this is what i came up with:-
    <snip>

I love it too to get some discussion going on. ^_^

First: You did the mistake, to not include the max. crit roll on lacunis - which is 6%. Thats 1.5% more crit. BiS Lacunis will look like this:

100 Str
    100 Vita
    80 AllRes
    6% Critchance
    9% IAS
    12% Movementspeed

This easily beats the strongarm bracers if you need the movementspeed and should still be better if you already have 24%.
    (The BiS Lacunis would give me 4k DPS more then the BiS Strongarm bracers and about 5k more EHP. So win:win.)

And for perfect IK gloves you will want a Trifecta one with 200 Str - which is more likely to get then a perfectly rolled rare, as I actually think now, that you will get better EHP with rares. And especially with the new craftable rares in 1.0.7.

I think it will come down to the point where you might scrap the set bonus, take the IK Chest but not the gloves.
    But the EHP difference between IK Chest and Tyrael is too big as that the 15% Demon Damage makes it worthwile imo.

Regarding LoH: You don't need it and it can't compete with Life Steal. Will write more on this later. ;)

Regards.

Not to be persnickety here, but if you made all of this money from playing the AH, then why did you overpay so much for gear? As other have mentioned, your gear could be obtained for around 500mil, if not less. As an AH flipper, you should have gotten your gear for much cheaper than the suggested retail price...
    Forget about strongarm bracers if you talk about 'ideal' gear, they lack 1.5% crit to begin with.

6 rolls:
    1) 200 strength
    2) 200 vita
    3) 80 all res
    4) 6% crit chance
    5) 7y pickup radius, it's basically the only slot you can get it without sacrificing stats or resist
    6) ffa (armor, life regen, physical res, -% melee damage)

You have 3 items with movement speed and need two of them to reach 24%, choose wisely:
    - ice climbers offer a socket and %life over rares and roll way higher strength, actually they should be the clear winner here.
    This leaves you with
    - inna's offer 9% attack speed and 1% crit over rares but only come with a 100/100 roll or resist.
    - lacuni offer 9% attack speed over rares but only come with a 100/100 roll.

Rare pants can have:
    80 all resist
    200 strength
    300 vita
    2 sockets
    pickup radius
    ffa (armor, life regen, physical res)

For a char like barbaros (http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/diablogirl-2413/hero/13292049 top 5 heroscore barb) perfect Inna's over her Depth Diggers is only a gain of 5.5k dps (1%ish, she's already at close to 500k) at the cost of 76k ehp (10%ish, way over 700k ehp). Now perfect rare pants versus Inna's: -17k dps but plus 200k ehp.

tl,dr; Don't underestimate pure strength versus attack speed :)

Exactly why should I clear act IV inferno when all I need is act III? :-) Fis så af.

To finish the game, act 4 on mp0 is fairly easy, Diablo himself at mp0 is not like the way he was on 1.0.4, not by a long shot. The only real bad character in Act 4 before you meet Diablo is the key warden who drops the plans (they will drop on mp2 if you try enough times)

*with the gear you have you should be able to beat Diablo on mp0 - mp2 blindfolded.

<snip>

For a char like barbaros (http://eu.battle.net...3/hero/13292049 top 5 heroscore barb) perfect Inna's over her Depth Diggers is only a gain of 5.5k dps (1%ish, she's already at close to 500k) at the cost of 76k ehp (10%ish, way over 700k ehp). Now perfect rare pants versus Inna's: -17k dps but plus 200k ehp.

tl,dr; Don't underestimate pure strength versus attack speed :)

That barb is missing 12% movementspeed. Look at the Ice Climbers. Now try to find Ice Climbers with really high Str + Vit AND 10%+ Movementspeed. They are incredibly rare. So fare, there is only one! pair of Ice Climbers with 250+ Str, 160+ Vit and 10%+ MS.
    http://www.diablopro...m/item/23550413

I mean, lets be honest. We won't get that gear anywhere in the near future. So we have to figure out other combinations and Ice Climbers without MS + Innas + Lacunis is a cheap alternative. And EHP will only matter for PvP anyway, more DPS for faster MP5/6 or maybe 10 with the exp buff will be more interesting.

Back to some points I adressed before @ Haze

There are several breakpoints for tornado ticks.
    Look here: http://eu.battle.net...opic/4902400739
    IAS in between those ticks won't contribute that much to your dps while reaching the next breakpoint with one of your weapons will give you one more tick. Also factor in WOTB if you use it.

Life on Hit.

This is (my opinion) the most overrated stat as a whirlwind barb. Let's look at tornados - your screendps is completly unimportant for that. Head over to a calculation site and look at your tornado dps. With perfect execution you will have x3 up to x5 times more tDPS (short for tornado DPS) then your charscreen.

I currently have 10 ticks/second full selfbuffed and about 1.5 million tDPS.
    Lifesteal is reduced on Inferno - you only get 20% of it.
    Quick math:
    1,501,434.21 (tDPS) * (0.03 (lifesteal = 3%)*0.20) = ~9000 Life per Second on Singletarget with perfect Execution.

Now let's look at LoH: Let's take 1000 LoH. Tornado ticks have a 8% chance to proc LoH. 10 ticks per Second.
    10(ticks)*0.08(procchance)*1000(LoH) = 800 Life per Second on Singletarget with perfect Execution

So for tornado DPS, 3% Lifesteal equals 11250 LoH - with my gear and setup obviously. Now try to get that value of Lifesteal with LoH. Good luck. ;)

Tornado DPS is the mainpart of our damage, but obviously we also do damage with whirlwind and bash. But even for these, Lifesteal will be far more valuable then LoH.

Something I often hear people saying: "But LoH is so reliable, what if it's a single mob, a shielded mob blablabla". For LoH to proc you also have to hit your target. You have to do damage. And the proc chances aren't 100% except for Bash.
    Look at the table:
    http://i.imgur.com/vDqWp.png
    *he's not missing movement speed = Inna's pants + Lacunis.

I have Ice climbers with no movement speed with my Monk. Why waste an item roll when something else good is in it's place.

*he's not missing movement speed = Inna's pants + Lacunis.

I have Ice climbers with no movement speed with my Monk. Why waste an item roll when something else good is in it's place.

Please read who and what I was quoting before posting wrong things. ;)
    "Facepalm" First and formost you're helm is trash, you can just throw it on the ground. If you were AH flipping, like i was. (ach had 1# life and #12 dmg for a while. NOT with the same gear.)

You should know what you buy. You bought items from the RMAH for like what? 10~20 euros each part of your gear? Meh, why show of your gear on a forum when you obv have "ebayed" and say that you have AH flipped.

Damn, the most retarded post today. Just lock this before he gets more shit on him. Meh.
    "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit." - Vidar the Collector

Number 1 DH in Crit dmg @ World. Working for NR 1 in life aswell!
    What problem do you have with his mempo? Cause it is missing 1% ias? ^_^
    But why should we argue about him buying items in the RMAH? Who cares? The question was sth. completly different.

What problem do you have with his mempo? Cause it is missing 1% ias? ^_^
    But why should we argue about him buying items in the RMAH? Who cares? The question was sth. completly different.

Yeah not sure either what's wrong with his helm :P
    However, the ''problem'' with the OP is that he goes on saying how much he spent on his gear, when this information is completely irrelevant to the topic. Just like you said - the question was somehting different.
    It sounds like he was almost asking for negative comments.

Secondly, the result he got with that amount of gold, was rather bad. He upgraded now, but when this topic started it was about 170k dps with good defenses. I know for a fact that for half a bil you can build a 200k dps barb with same defenses. Some of the gearing choices were poor (weapons etc), but i guess that's why hes asking for advice.
    The point is though, that he claims he was flipping for profit and this sounds implausible, since successful auctioneers know what items/stats are good and mostly search for bargains and his gear was the opposite of that :), therefor many ppl assume he lies and simply bough it on RMAH.

One thing i need to point out though, is that may be he payed too much for the set as a whole, but it needs to be taken into consideration that the set was not finished and most of the gold went on 1 item (helm) and that alone inflated the value too much, so it's not THAT bad.

Personally i don't care where ppl buy gear, i just didn't understand the need to state the price he payed for his stuff.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes