Gear Check or what to buy next

Hi!

I know a few people may think... not again, but the ones answering on these threads are so helpful and I would appreciate to get this help too :)

My paragon 40 Barb has 120k dps after shout with soj.
    I usually farm MP5 do ubers on MP7 or 8 without problems. I prefer higher MP since Mobs die too fast, rage runs out and to keep it a little bit more challenging.
    Every try to upgrade my items for 20-50 Mio didn't turn out to be a worthy upgrade and therefore I ask you guys what I should focus on next. I would prefer to keep 5set IK bonus, since I love it so much.

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ferix-2581/hero/3399725

What should I buy next for max 50 Mio?

thanks
    Quote from Bixit

Hi!

I know a few people may think... not again, but the ones answering on these threads are so helpful and I would appreciate to get this help too :)

My paragon 40 Barb has 120k dps after shout with soj.
    I usually farm MP5 do ubers on MP7 or 8 without problems. I prefer higher MP since Mobs die too fast, rage runs out and to keep it a little bit more challenging.
    Every try to upgrade my items for 20-50 Mio didn't turn out to be a worthy upgrade and therefore I ask you guys what I should focus on next. I would prefer to keep 5set IK bonus, since I love it so much.

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ferix-2581/hero/3399725

What should I buy next for max 50 Mio?

thanks

5 set IK is basically a waste at your gear level, you would end up almost gaining too much rage so that you can't spend it fast enough to keep WOTB up quite as reliably without it. One of the biggest contributors to your being held back slightly is your weapon combo. It would be really tough (and too expensive) to get a somewhat ideal MH/OH setup, but it would be worth a good search. You should be able to find an 1k+ dps echoing fury with 150 str, some vit, and crit damage without the socket for a farily good deal.After a quick search on the US AH, I found many that had around 55 or more crit damage, with over 1k dps while keeping similar str/vit to what your offhand EF has. After plugging it in to the spreadsheet equipping a 1184 dps EF with a 1.42 attack speed, 150 str, and 56 crit damage along with a 805 dps dagger with 1.5 attack speed, 140 str 160% crit damage (after gem) would net you 5.3k dps, which seems small, but will actually make your rage flow and kill speed much faster due to how the sprint tornadoes base their tick speed on the swing time of the last weapon that was used which is the dagger's speed around 50% of the time. If you could manage to shoehorn 6% more attack speed somewhere in your gear, with these weapons, you would gain a total of 10k paper dps (around 80k actual dps)

Your hellfire is lacking offensive stats, and basically any rare ring with 100+ str and some crit chance will beat it. I was just playing around with your set in a spreadsheet, and a lower end unity (used stats from one of the cheapest ones i could find) gives you around 8.6k dps, and I did not add in what the random magic property could be either (if you can find one with 5 IAS, you would gain a total of 13k DPS). Since you don't want to break 5 set, the hellfire ring is probably the item that is holding you back most (i guess). RIght now, your biggest DPS gainers are crit chance, and attack speed increase, so whatever items you can replace that have those stats would make a pretty big difference.

For you personally,1% crit = 1646 dps, 1% crit damage = 166 dps, 1% IAS = 909 dps, and 1 str = 49 DPS. So compared in terms of dps, 1% crit = ~10% crit damage = 1.8% IAS = 33.6 strength. Bearing in mind that I'm not going to talk about anything that would break 5 piece IK, you have 4 items that are missing dps potential (also keeping you with the SOJ equipped too). Of those 4 items, the one that is missing the most high dps values is the Hellfire Ring. I'm not going to tell you to drop the +35% experience in favor of more dps, but getting a mid range ring with 2 of the missing stats to replace it would net you around 13k paper dps (around 82k true dps).
    First of all, thanks for the fast reply :)
    I took your advice spend 5 mio and bought a ef for the mh and equipped my old dagger.
    DPS increased by 1k, but my nados tick like crazy and damage increased a lot.
    I know my hellfire is crap, made now 8 already and nothing was any better :(
    Hopefully the next one...
    When i find a cheap Mempo or iceclimbers I will give it a try without the 5 set, I just love to not loose rage while not fighting and I guess the heal is also not bad.
    The 5 set bonus from IK really doesnt end up making as huge of a difference once you get to your gear level. Though I do have a lot more crit than you (17%), when I had around your crit level I rarely found myself starved unless I was only WWing around 1 enemy. I tend to be really aggressive with my WWs though, which burns off fury pretty quickly unless theres a group. The heal from the set bonus is really minimal and easily outdone by 100 or so life regen per second. Say you do exactly 100k damage per second to a mob, with 1% lifesteal, you gain 1k health per second... in order to gain the same health, you would need to be spending 200 rage per second, which is impossible to do. You will barely notice a difference in healing from dropping the set bonus, and if you gain any crit or IAS, you will not even notice the 2 less rage gain either.

Unfortunately, you wont find a mempo that would be good enough to replace your helm for a reasonable. The way that it works out, the 5.5% crit chance that you have on the IK helm equates to more dps than 8% IAS that the mempo would have (if you got one without crit). If you got a mempo with crit, it would be an easy choice, but those tend to cost hundreds of millions if not billions. If you are wanting to replace the helm without breaking the bank, you could go for a really well rolled andarial's visage, but you would lose 1% crit in doing so, but gain enough IAS to far outweigh it. I tried plugging a pretty okay andy's helm (by no means top tier) for your character, and it raised your dps by 4800 on paper, and 30k actual dps. Getting an andy's helm with decent stats gives you a greater DPS boost than any other suggestion (besides witching hour) for change I make in this post. You should be able to find a very cheap one on the AH too. Since a good Witching Hour is extremely expensive and doesn't have LS, you will want to keep your current belt unless you find an extremely well rolled Lamentation, or one of your new weapons has some lifesteal. If by some miracle you find one with over 100 str within your budget, it is one of the single best DPS items in the game. Getting one with over 100 str would give you 6.8k paper and 55k actual dps. Interestingly enough, by equipping both the andy's visage and the witching hour you would actually net less dps than just the witching hour (or about 4k more than just the helm). In terms of actual dps, the Andy helm gives around 30k dps, while the witching hour gives around 52k dps... however when both are equipped, you only get 44k DPS due to both the strength loss and crit chance loss from equipping both together. Now, where things get much more interesting is that if you get both those items and replace your bracers with a rare pair with similar str/vit, but 6% str and no IAS, you gain a total of over 100k dps.

For boots, Ice climbers would be a VERY nice gain for you, but seeing as the cheapest pair on the US AH that have at least 100 str and 12% movement speed costs 61mil, so I cant even imagine how bad it would be on EU servers. Your best bet would be to grab a well rolled Fire Walker as it is the best alternative for you. With the gloves, you could grab a pair that has either lot more str, or attack speed if you can afford it, but this may not be the best idea due to how good that pair rolled for you.

I'm curious about the other hellfire rings that you crafted. Did any of them have crit chance? Crit damage? Attack speed? If you have one that doesnt have the bonus damage, is missing the socket, but has 4.5% crit, you would gain 3k dps (13k real). If you have one with 6% IAS, you would gain 1.3k paper dps but since you gain enough IAS to make hit the next breakpoint for sprint/WW, you would gain 37k actual dps (a breakpoint is the amount of IAS you need for an extra tick or so of damage per second of those abilities). Even one with 35% crit damage would net you a decently modest dps increase (though less than crit chance or IAS).
    Thanks for the answer again :)

I rolled a better Hellfire today with crit chance! Wohooo
    Gave me 5k dps on paper and probably a lot more for real.
    I checked out some of the gear you suggested, but as you said, with decent stats fucking expensive.
    Andy is always without a socket (havent found one with socket) so not good for farming xp.
    Witching Hour looks really really nice, but again insanely expensive :(
    I will look once in a while for another weapon upgrade, hopefully a socketed ef or and a dagger with ll to be able to switch out ik belt.
    Lacunis with crit would also be a huge upgrade and maybe Inna pants to be able to buy ice climbers without ms?

Regards
    Yeah, innas pants to get ice climbers would be nice, but ones with decent strength are really expensive.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes