Need help with next upgrade - 600m budget

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zagi-2714/hero/20732

my thinking was that easyest way to incrase my dps is to go for echoing fury ~1200dps (90+crit dmge) + some good offhand with ls, socket and 60+crit dmge! i want ls on offhand cose next upgrade after wpns woud be witching hour..

only thing i hate about that is that with echoing fury on 4 elit mobs 1 is allways feared, so thats like i do 1/4 less dps, so not sure is whole thing eaven worth it! any suggestions?
    thx
    if you don't like the fear proc, you could geht a 1200 dps rare weapon and look for a lower EF with LS on int. fear proc on EF in offhand is a lot less
    if you want to increase your damage, you have some options, but first you should know that charakter screen dps doesn't matter. real dps is more important, therefore your mainhand damge is important and as you already mentioned that the mobs stay in your tornados.

1. if you need mighty weapon to maintain 100% wotb uptime
    MH - get a 1200+ mighty weapon for mainhand with socket and if you want afford additonal crit damage or str

1a - OH - EF - str, socket and crit damage or lifesteal (dps or fear chance doesn't matter)
    1b - OH - spear - ias, str, socket, crit damage, lifesteal (dps doesn't matter)

2. if you don't need a mighty weapon
    MH - EF - high damage, socket, very low fear
    OH - spear - ias, str, socket, crit damage, lifesteal (dps doesn't matter)
    Ring - Stone of Jordan with cold damage - this will help to negate the fear effect and increases your real damage

3. if you don't need a mighty weapon
    MH - Mace high damage, socket, crit chance, and if you can afford lifesteal
    OH - EF - str, socket and crit damage or lifesteal (dps or fear chance doesn't matter)
    With that sort of budget have you considered a mempo of twilight? Also could maybe drop a few resists and go for trifecta gloves. Another 7% att spd will get you to the next breakpoint on sprint tornados.
    Quote from Tazeon

if you want to increase your damage, you have some options, but first you should know that charakter screen dps doesn't matter. real dps is more important, therefore your mainhand damge is important and as you already mentioned that the mobs stay in your tornados.

1. if you need mighty weapon to maintain 100% wotb uptime
    MH - get a 1200+ mighty weapon for mainhand with socket and if you want afford additonal crit damage or str

1a - OH - EF - str, socket and crit damage or lifesteal (dps or fear chance doesn't matter)
    1b - OH - spear - ias, str, socket, crit damage, lifesteal (dps doesn't matter)

2. if you don't need a mighty weapon
    MH - EF - high damage, socket, very low fear
    OH - spear - ias, str, socket, crit damage, lifesteal (dps doesn't matter)
    Ring - Stone of Jordan with cold damage - this will help to negate the fear effect and increases your real damage

3. if you don't need a mighty weapon
    MH - Mace high damage, socket, crit chance, and if you can afford lifesteal
    OH - EF - str, socket and crit damage or lifesteal (dps or fear chance doesn't matter)

i dont think i need mighty wpn, i got 52.5 cc with fallower and battle rage, so with mace in mh and that +10% cc shoud have more then enough procs from battle rage!
    in that 2nd option! can u pls explain why it has to be spear in my offhand and why dps dosnt matter?
    what is better dps wise, 2nd or 3th option?

thx a lot
    Quote from Zagi

in that 2nd option! can u pls explain why it has to be spear in my offhand and why dps dosnt matter?

thx a lot

long answer

short answer:

why dps doesn't matter?
    Tornadoes do 20% main hand weapon damage per tick.
    Most of your damage come from tornados. Only bash and ww uses your offhand.

why it has to be spear in my offhand?
    When dual-wielding, tornado tick frequency depends on the attacks per second (aps) of the last weapon swing before using Sprint.
    Sorry my mistake I mean a dagger. Dagger is the fastest weapon ingame.
    This means if you attack with the offhand last, before you use sprint then the number of ticks is calculate with your offhand speed.
    Some player don't like that sometimes the tornados ticks more often and do different damage. They prefer the 3rd option or use the same speed on offhand and mainhand.

depends on the weapons and stats. therefore use d3rawr.com
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes