50-100 mil Budget / Wotb-Uptime / Effectiveness Questions

I red al lot of post first like “ What to buy next” or “how to increase efficiency“ etc. and still sniping them, but it felt that I still missed something, hope that you can get it :)
    After some luck and waiting time for bids in AH I was able to get some stuff up to 100k paper DPS after battlerage. So MS 1 is nice to grind for loot and lvl paragon.
    I will do both… get most of the loot by really good eff @ paragon-leveling XP/h
    My average ALKAIZER-run is 10-12min ~40mioXP/h if I try to get 90% of the loot .
    If I do so my Wotb uptime is only ~ 30%

Question 1:
    After using mighty weapon, overpower / momentum , animosity and templar, I was able to keep up WOTB close to 50-80% of every map (best average) but with “low” 100k dps that means, that I have to skip Corners and have to die mobs offscreen with the loss of loot (legendary).
    The way I do it after map start: Get fury with momentum -> start running (sprint is not the problem) then at first pack I use WOTB and continue running. 1-2 circles through every pack depending on the number of mobs. I always spend all my fury with sprint and warcry during fight (close to the kill) to get max uptime. And still without looting stuff it’s sometimes not enough…
    Am I doning something wrong? Someone knows how to improve this? Except of pure dps increase for faster kill which leads to a later question…

Question 2:
    Is it possible to drop warcry with impunity with my def-stats?
    31.5k Life, 5,7%LL+716LoH or 9%LL @ 377All-Res + 5300Armor unbuffed
    For example switch to Leap for mobility or Earthquake/ The Mountain's Call for instagib elites ( only 150k paper-dps buffed)
    Or did someone have another suggestion?

Question 3:
    Another part is… what to improve next:
    My Budget is 50-100 mil (act. pending auctions incl.)
    Prob here is that every piece of mine feels like a huge loss of EHP if I switch it just for DPS ...
    Here I definitely need some help… also maybe for pairs of stats t search for… or is it just impossible with 50-100mil, if so whats the budget to aiming for the next steps?

Question 4:
    IAS…
    I Red a Post that the maintarget for WW/Tornado is 2.0 AS fpr next 5 ticks or so… !?
    Also a offhand 1.5AS-Dagger with STR+CD+socket ?
    I didn’t get the whole part of offhand speed . I thought DW gives you 15%ias and Offhand as a statstick that’s it.
    Some simple expl. Out there?

I play on EU-Server - My Profil:
    h ttp://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Maddin-2976/hero/3199042
    Can’t link on first post / need help too
    Battletag - Maddin#2976

Thx 4 Help,
    Maddin
    still not sure about my 4 questions
    need help.
    espc. what to upgrade next 50mio budget

Maddin#2976
    First I would farm Monster Power 0 until you get much better gear.
    The difference between exp and mf for MP 0 and 1 is not this much and your run will be smoother.

Most of the time the main problem for wotb uptime is, that monsters die to fast, but I don't think you will have this problem on mp1, but maybe you get it on mp0, but you should change anyway in my opinion.

if you want to increase your wotb uptime, I think one major problem for you is this.

I try to get 90% of the loot

That's in most cases to much downtime.

Furthermore maybe you have fury management problems.

I will try to answer your other questions tonight.
    Thx Tazeon 4 reply.
    I run mp1 also cause the ilvl.63-affix on rings and amus (they can have ilvl63 affix in mp1 even as ilvl 58 right?)
    not only xp/mf
    also the chance have a good uptime of Wotb.
    I would be glad if you could help me with the other issues.
    Maddin
    nice blog btw
    Act3 mp0 has the highest chance for lvl63 loot already. You'd only need to set it higher for the lower acts.

Maybe try a spec without WotB for farming, it's rather annoying to watch that all the time and things don't exactly die faster with it. It's only nice for its CC-breaking capabilities imo.
    I apologize for any formating issues in my posts, I just can't use the new editor.Currently playing Magic 2014, see my thread:http://www.diablofans.com/topic/97565-magic-2014/
    Also, if you like Classics, try:Dungeons and Dragons Anthology ( http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection )
    i tried mp0, its ok but only faster on elites.
    i changed to mace and dagger and still can get 50% uptime of wotb even on mp0 cause of loot /ignore

At the moment i have 60Mio Gold.
    What should i upgrade next?

Maddin#2976
    if I were you I would aim ice climbers with movement speed and high strength, but I think 60 mio won't be enough.
    update:
    200 Mio budget !!! i need an advice for next upgrade.
    i cant get my hands on iceclimbers with 12% MS atm.
    also i will craft the new typ of gear to get Improvments.
    so what shoud i upgrade next besides Iceclimbers (12%MS) and Hellfirering (other POST for Uber-rush)

Thx Maddin

Battletag - Maddin#2976
    Hi I don't know if you're still having issues with WoTB uptime, but since 1.07 came out with its new shiny crafts I lost some resist and life at the expense of a nice dps increase allowing me, combined with life steal, to farm MP5 efficiently.

I used to be in the exact same situation as you are, and I found that if you want to keep WoTB up there is few things to do:

- don't pick up anything but archon items - ilvl63 (knowing that what ever can be now crafted isnt realy worth picking up)
    - increase monster power if you kill a pack with 1 WW (just by passing through) without WoTB enabled.
    - managing rage is an other key to keep WoTB up, don't hesitate to spam Battle Rage & Sprint if you find yourself with too much rage, try to always be around 50% of your pool or less if there is a lot of mobs around. You'll see as you walk away even if you leave few mobs up they will keep you WoTB up by running into your tornados.
    Im using bash as a fury generator which helps me keeping WoTB up (big time) when there is a quite area with few mobs or when I run back from a dead end. Just bash mobs while dumping your rage and see your uptime increased ^^

Thanks to this patch you got the icone when a leg drops so don't be afraid to loose sight of some mobs, just check minimap when you feel it might drop :P
    Also, the experience increase with this patch on higher mp doesnt make it as less efficient as it used to be to farm on higher mp (given that you can kill rather quickly).
    Give it a try, after 1 or 2 run you should feel confortable with it and having WoTB up all the time makes the farming and playing the barb way more fun ^^

About your possible upgrades, try to craft a better amu & bracer than what you're wearing first, I think its the cheapest upgrade you can make with a good dps increase potential.
    Swithing to a Echoing Fury with a socket instead of LS can also give you a nice DPS upgrade (just take Bloodthirst instead of Superstition to make it for the loss of LS if you don't feel confortable without those 2.9%).

I hope I could help you or other people with WoTB uptime problems.
    Have a nice day (:

Battletag - Poring#2196
    Battletag - Poring#2196

Hi I don't know if you're still having issues with WoTB uptime, but since 1.07 came out with its new shiny crafts I lost some resist and life at the expense of a nice dps increase allowing me, combined with life steal, to farm MP5 efficiently.

I used to be in the exact same situation as you are, and I found that if you want to keep WoTB up there is few things to do:

- don't pick up anything but archon items - ilvl63 (knowing that what ever can be now crafted isnt realy worth picking up)
    - increase monster power if you kill a pack with 1 WW (just by passing through) without WoTB enabled.
    - managing rage is an other key to keep WoTB up, don't hesitate to spam Battle Rage & Sprint if you find yourself with too much rage, try to always be around 50% of your pool or less if there is a lot of mobs around. You'll see as you walk away even if you leave few mobs up they will keep you WoTB up by running into your tornados.
    Im using bash as a fury generator which helps me keeping WoTB up (big time) when there is a quite area with few mobs or when I run back from a dead end. Just bash mobs while dumping your rage and see your uptime increased ^^

Thanks to this patch you got the icone when a leg drops so don't be afraid to loose sight of some mobs, just check minimap when you feel it might drop :P
    Also, the experience increase with this patch on higher mp doesnt make it as less efficient as it used to be to farm on higher mp (given that you can kill rather quickly).
    Give it a try, after 1 or 2 run you should feel confortable with it and having WoTB up all the time makes the farming and playing the barb way more fun ^^

About your possible upgrades, try to craft a better amu & bracer than what you're wearing first, I think its the cheapest upgrade you can make with a good dps increase potential.
    Swithing to a Echoing Fury with a socket instead of LS can also give you a nice DPS upgrade (just take Bloodthirst instead of Superstition to make it for the loss of LS if you don't feel confortable without those 2.9%).

I hope I could help you or other people with WoTB uptime problems.
    Have a nice day (:

Battletag - Poring#2196
    z

Best response! Nice to see a good genuine answer :)
    I appreciate a good answer !
    thx a lot!!!
    yeah i already tried to craft amu and bracers but havent much time to farm DemoE. since patchday
    only got the shoulders at first try, i think they a are pretty good (pickup-R incl.)
    bracers and amu where crap.
    atm i do my first keyruns to get a better ring.
    I also do it on mp8 (to have a challenge and good DemoE droprate and so i have no uptime problem anymore)
    only ranged mobs are annoying on mp8 and EF dosnt help :)
    problem with bash is at mp8, with current gear i need warcry and overpower for defence!
    I will try to get my xp/h-Numbers while key+DemoE-Farmring
    and post it here.

so i will stick to craft amu and bracers
    and spend my 200 mio gold on a new Echo fury with a socket.
    what will the +100% C-DMG will be in paperdps? 15k? 25k?
    or is it worth sniping new rings for str+ias+cc+cd?

thx 4 all hints and have a nice day too!!!
    Maddin

http://eu.battle.net...76/hero/3199042
    yeah i can post my link now (10 posts)
    Glad my answer was welcomed ^^

Hum I can give you a simple advice to test the upgrade :P
    Find an EF on the AH with base CHD and DPS close to what you can afford (choose one with CDH of an equivalent value of the Emerald you would put inside) and link it in the chat ^^ (to no one if you don't wanna bother anyone :P).
    Just log in game and voila :D

Or use a spreedsheet but if you're lazy like me, this trick will do the job :D
    Battletag - Poring#2196
    Try Overpower/Killing Spree instead if you need/want an alternative:

Overpower
    Cooldown: 12 seconds
    Deal 165% weapon damage to all targets within 9 yards. Landing a Critical Hit has a chance to lower the cooldown by 1 second.

Killing Spree
    Your Critical Hit Chance is increased by 10% for 6 seconds.

Usable while whirlwinding (no cast/stop animation), It's on demand damage, low fury cost and with O.K. crit you'll have a good uptime too. If you like to pick up lewts, stop for breaks, do whatever and not just skipping through everything, this might be a good alternative.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -

Glad my answer was welcomed ^^

Hum I can give you a simple advice to test the upgrade :P
    Find an EF on the AH with base CHD and DPS close to what you can afford (choose one with CDH of an equivalent value of the Emerald you would put inside) and link it in the chat ^^ (to no one if you don't wanna bother anyone :P).
    Just log in game and voila :D

Or use a spreedsheet but if you're lazy like me, this trick will do the job :D

lol right i could give me this advice by my self :)
    but how to link to "no one" ?
    I usualy click the chat box and like it like that while not in a party and it just links in the wind xD
    I guess it happens when not in a party or connected to a channel.
    Battletag - Poring#2196
    Jeah leaving the channel works to post "no one"
    thx for this advice also^^
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes