Your advice on my WW barb

Hey guys,

I have been working on my WW barb in the past weeks. It's doing pretty good at the moment but sometimes I still have issues staying alive at MP5. I sold a couple of Set items that I found and have approximately 100M to spend.

What should I upgrade next (besides getting 100% emerald gems in my weapons)? I was thinking about some more all resist on my items but I'm curious to your opinions.

Here is my toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Snos-2248/hero/17430340

Cheers guys!
    Snos
    so i checked out ur character and im seeing the all resistance is a little bit low... your life steal is decent at 2.8 + 2.8 but u have zero life on hit.. so id focus firstly on all resistance. ur shoulders and pants are only 50. honestly i run around 1600 life on hit and 5% life steal at 500 all resistance and im god mode even in mp10. u could first try the passive which gives life steal 3% instead of using tough as nails.. try that out and see how viable it is before upgrading. if ur getting a ton of hp's back but are getting one shot then get more all resistance.

its definitely hard to figure out which items to upgrade though because immortals is so expensive to get the all resistance on the helm/belt/gloves... but i'd compare that with upgrading ur shoulders and pants tings and ammy's.

also i noticed instead of attack speed and life on hit u have focused on crit/critdamage and life steal. which is fine.. but if u ever want to mix in some life on hit ur going to want more attack speed.. so maybe a orobouros ammy with attack speed. that or think of ways to boost ur DPS substantially.. ei trifector ammy and rings.. u need more attack speed IMO regardless. plus ur DPS is a shy low to just be using life steal anyways.

Maybe boost ur DPS and not worry so much about life on hit because it looks like ur half way itemized for that anyways.... i noticed some streams where ppl used just life steal but they are at 300k dps buffed and they still had issues staying in on bad affix's. while i dont because i have insane attack speed and 1800 life on hit.
    First I'd say u need better gems. For your offhand i'd try and get something a little faster bc tornados proc off of your OH. Try and get your crit chance up to 40% and some more LoH wouldnt hurt either. Other than that looks pretty good

First I'd say u need better gems. For your offhand i'd try and get something a little faster bc tornados proc off of your OH. Try and get your crit chance up to 40% and some more LoH wouldnt hurt either. Other than that looks pretty good

his offhand is fine it has crit socket and 200 str ands life steal.. perfect offhand other then not having a fast attack speed only half the tornado's use the offhand attack speed and uses the main hand for the damage. people overate offhand attack speed. his offhand substantially boost the tornado damage.
    you could get a high str/vit vile ward. that should help your survivability a bit with the extra resist and armor. i would also suggest getting 100% crit gems and using the 3% life steal passive instead of tough as nails. I don't think you need life on hit. i was sitting around 70k unbuffed for a long time and still had no issues surviving on MP6-7. I had life steal on belt, offhand, and passive - about 8%. now i'm at 102k unbuffed and can survive MP10 no problem, but it just takes too long to kill stuff so i key hunt on 6, ubers on 7, level on 3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gebby-1896/hero/5840525
    I agree with every1 here, remember the main strat to getting cheap gear is only look for 75% of what you want on each item, and have it overlap.

Example: an AS CHD CHC ring with resist all and primary stat + vit is like a billion gold+, but you could instead do this:

Buy 1 ring with Primary stat AS and CHD, and the other with VIT resist all and CHC, or mix it up whichever way the AH is favoring.

That way you get 2 rings with and still get the most of what you need out of them, the same applies for shoulders / pants / belt / boots, weapons, helm and ammy, etc etc. just try to go for 75% and overlap as much as possible for as chepa as possible. All in all you can make a WW barb that can farm mp3 for 100m. Although I wouldnt bother trying to build anything for cheaper than that, Im sure its possible to make an extreme budget WW barb for mp0 with a few million.

his offhand is fine it has crit socket and 200 str ands life steal.. perfect offhand other then not having a fast attack speed only half the tornado's use the offhand attack speed and uses the main hand for the damage. people overate offhand attack speed. his offhand substantially boost the tornado damage.

People overrate attack speed ?

With his current gear:

true damage: 425237 dps
    4763 HP per second from LS

With a 1.5 aps offhand and same character sheet dps:

true damage: 456225 dps
    5110 HP per second from LS

Free 30k dps and 400 HP per second, and this is only a 0.2 aps increase. Let's think about this with 1.45/1.75 aps weapons.
    Cheers guys for all the input,

Do you believe my main weapon is OK (except for gems) and that I should focus my budget solely on gear (AR + STR)? Or should I consider upgrading my weapon and try to find one with LifeSteal and a socket?
    Also for the all res. Trying swinging for different res combo's. Physical res + AR (most important) or Fire res + AR (second). I think your weapons are good ftm :) Did you try switching bloodthirst passive?

People overrate attack speed ?

With his current gear:

true damage: 425237 dps
    4763 HP per second from LS

With a 1.5 aps offhand and same character sheet dps:

true damage: 456225 dps
    5110 HP per second from LS

Free 30k dps and 400 HP per second, and this is only a 0.2 aps increase. Let's think about this with 1.45/1.75 aps weapons.

this is sheet dps , effective dps could be lower still
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes