Best 1h to craft

I've been stacking on blacksmithing materials but I find it difficult to understand which is the best 1h type to invest them on.

Mighty weapon: looks useless to me. Its base values are equal to Axe values, but if the craft results in stats that are good for other classes then you can't sell it on AH. What's the catch?

Mace/Axe/Sword/Dagger: which one? Faster means more LoH and more mobility when moving/attacking. Higher DPS means, huh, higher damage.

So which 1h do you guys craft for your barb?
    do u mean the wepons by default the BS has, or recipes to learn?

i havent really looked into it as i dont use the BS, but i have bought recipes and found some. im sure some one will come along and give you usefull info, unlike me
    Quote from harroblast

I've been stacking on blacksmithing materials but I find it difficult to understand which is the best 1h type to invest them on.

Mighty weapon: looks useless to me. Its base values are equal to Axe values, but if the craft results in stats that are good for other classes then you can't sell it on AH. What's the catch?

Mace/Axe/Sword/Dagger: which one? Faster means more LoH and more mobility when moving/attacking. Higher DPS means, huh, higher damage.

So which 1h do you guys craft for your barb?

Don't craft anything unless you have a exalted grand plan, it is just not worth the headache.
    Other than that I usually go with maces, because I like the way they bonk.
    Any recipes, including the ones from AH.
    personally I prefer the Axes with 6 stats, but that's because I love the way they look more than anything else related to game balance or possible 'min/max' potential.

From what I am seeing however, you can NEVER craft a weapon that will be as good as a real good act 3/4 inferno drop. The reason being that the items you can craft are item level 62 where as the highest that can drop are item level 63 and they have a higher base damage, which means % modifiers are much better on them if they have a high base damage (having a ilvl 63 Arch Axe spawn with perfect DPS stats, but a low base damage for it to modify from will result in it possibly being beaten by a ilvl 62 axe, I can't remember it's exact name, if you get what I mean).

The weapons you can make can indeed spawn with over 1k DPS for the 1 handers however which is good enough no doubt, but I'm unsure if they can spawn with over 1.1k or whatever it is (not done the math and not going to, just throwing numbers out there so your aware of crafted items limits).
    I think the craghammer with 280ish dps and 1.30 atk spd is the best 1hander to craft if you look at balance between dmg and atk spd. You should buy the exalted grand plan if you are planning on crafting them. The galraki is probably the next best choice, around 40 lower dps but 0.10 more atk spd I think.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes