New calculator

It seems that most barbarian runes have been finally finalized. No more 0 fury whirlwind or non-cd WoTB. (Let's not call a nerf, since basically each class has received a lot of downgrading).

The calculator page has yet to be finalized, and shows some errors, expecially in the barb page.

What do you think about new runes? I'm quite astonished they kept the crit synergy between revenge and overpower, the incredible cd reduction of furious charge and i'm quite sad about the nerf to Seismic Slam damage.
    Looks good. I played around with the skill calculator and came up with normal difficulty barbarian, being mindful not to increase the required level above 30. That's why Wrath of the Berserker doesn't have a rune selected. I chose a combination of buffs and debuffs complimented by increases in criticals (axe weapon mastery).

I noticed that while my options were far more limited with this build, I didn't have to worry about realizing the build by level 30. Now it's a certainty. For my build I was very pleased to find the Clobber and Thunderstrike runes, so there will be plenty of stuns to be had. I kind of like the way they restructured the skill calculator. Now I'm much more likely to select something from each category, which I did. Previously I had multiple fury generators, even though I might have been fine with just one, and not so many fury spenders.
    I'm quite happy that Blizzard was finally able to update the Skill Calculator.

Now, let me share my Rocket Master Demon Hunter build, master of the homing missile.

Please click here.

Click here for "My Baker's Dozen Demon Hunter Builds"
    My PvP build would be different from these 13.
    Check out the leaked Demon Hunter skill list here from Blizzard China: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tiny.cc/10p16

Diablo III is $50; MSI GT683DXR-423US Gaming Laptop is $1,599; Playing Diablo III w/ my wife & 2 brothers is PRICELESS
    Quote from telperionmt

Looks good. I played around with the skill calculator and came up with normal difficulty barbarian, being mindful not to increase the required level above 30. That's why Wrath of the Berserker doesn't have a rune selected. I chose a combination of buffs and debuffs complimented by increases in criticals (axe weapon mastery).

I noticed that while my options were far more limited with this build, I didn't have to worry about realizing the build by level 30. Now it's a certainty. For my build I was very pleased to find the Clobber and Thunderstrike runes, so there will be plenty of stuns to be had. I kind of like the way they restructured the skill calculator. Now I'm much more likely to select something from each category, which I did. Previously I had multiple fury generators, even though I might have been fine with just one, and not so many fury spenders.

Not a bad build at all, but maybe it's a little too defensive for normal difficulty ^^

I'm going for this, which has a level 43 requirement, more than acceptable. I'm willing to change Seismic Slam to War Cry if there are survival issues, but i'm quite positive, since i like to be conservative equipment-side
    Quote from DenkaSaeba25

i'm quite sad about the nerf to Seismic Slam damage.

Same here, i really like the animation of SS so i went with it over HoTA, however with this nerf im thinking about taking Hota but while playing beta i was dissapointed with how its range is very small, even with that rune that transforms it into a shockwave.
    I'll still probably go with Seismic slam and see how it feels in game.

PS: with the new look to talent calculator it seems they plan on sticking with current UI which is just plain bad even in elective mode :(
    Quote from DenkaSaeba25

Not a bad build at all, but maybe it's a little too defensive for normal difficulty ^^

Yeah, that's on purpose, because I'm building a party buffer. The main idea is that my guy buffs, debuffs, stuns and throws down some heavy hits when needed. This leaves the rest of the party with more room to maneuver and throw out heavy hits. This is not a solo build.
    Honestly, I have to say that I do like the enhanced Skill Calculator. What else is crazy is that I have NEVER played the Barbarian. I've been with the series since Diablo I, and that really amazes me that I never took the time to play this class. But, now with D3 getting closer to release, I've put more thought into what class I would really like to play. At first, I was all about the monk but then I decided that I really need to give this class a chance! The Barbarian seems really empowering, and looks to be a lot of fun, that's my perspective from the videos I've watched.

Here is a link to my build, runes assigned as well:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bcXhUP!Zdh!bZcaZb

Obviously, they are still tweaking the system and will be making more changes. I obviously haven't played the beta, so I'm still unsure about the stats, the right runes, and I guess the overall aspect of playing the Barbarian.

If anyone would like to take a look at my build, shoot me some pointers, critique it, and let me know what would make playing this aspect of this class better with my build I would greatly appreciate it.

Soooooooo stoked!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes