Question about Frame rates.

• What FPS should we be seeing? I got a message from the game recently that I may have outdated drivers for my GPU, however, they were up-to-date as of a couple months ago when I installed the most recent driver from nvidia.

I'm getting a consistent 11-16 FPS, it's like watching a fast slide show. Everything is very choppy, and I'm noticing with the Wizard all my skills are "late" to arrive on the screen if they show up at all. Will this be corrected in optimization later in the project prior to release? Or do I need to do something with my machine/drivers specifically in order to improve my frame rates?
    I have also noticed that this issue has gotten worse over time. Meaning, the longer I've had the game intalled, the more I loose frame rate. 3 weeks ago I had 16+ FPS, now I'm only getting 11+ FPS. Is this due to updates or changes in the game recently Or???.
    I will go into Task Manager and shut down everything non essential to the machine in order to improve this. I'll test it out from then on. Even with a restart it hasn't helped, so maybe there are too many processes running? I'll check it out.
    I'd love to improve my FPS as much as possible. The game looks pretty good so far.
    I'm playing with all my settings on low or off as much as I can.

My laptop is modest at best, compared to 3 years ago when I bought it. I'm running a core 2 duo proc. 4GB of RAM, and a nvidia 9200GS Mobile with 256MB.
    It runs everything else I've put through it just fine. As far as I know the drivers are up to date. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
  • TommyTrojan,

From your brief description, I'd say your hardware is just not strong enough to provide great performance. The video card especially.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+9200M+GS

Can you post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
    Click on Run
    Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
    Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it all here.

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."