New update, won't download.

• Downloading at 0 B/s and it's been that way for about 30 minutes now after logging in. Help?
  • Hey everyone,

If it has not completed its patching yet then lets go through the following:

* Change settings in the app to no longer automatically update games. You can do this by clicking the Blizzard logo in the upper left hand corner and go to settings, then game install/update. Once there scroll to the bottom to the Game Updates section and turn off Automatic Updates. I do also suggest checking the network bandwidth and make sure its not set to a strange number like 12 or 30.

* Go ahead and shut down the Blizzard Launcher and delete the following 2 folders:
    Battle.net cache
    Battle.net files

* Launch the app again and before patching run scan and repair.

* You will also want to check proxy settings. Sometimes these do like to cause trouble.

~ Zayssie
  • Hey there!

I relayed your information to Zayssie, who is unable to respond directly today. after discussing this we think something is interfering with the app and its ability to apply updates to the game. The following should tackle those particular causes and hopefully clear this up.

Try running your system in selective startup mode.

I recommend running a full system scan using the free online scanner from ESET.

Once that is complete I then would like you to temporarily uninstall (disabling the programs often causes them to clamp down even more) all security software currently on your system and then restart the computer. Test the game. Once you have completed testing I recommend putting some sort of security programs back on.

Finally, perform Steps 1-5 of this article.

Do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
    2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
    3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
    5. Empty the recycle bin.

Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive and have it relocate your games. This should get you around the issue at hand.