Issue W/ Graphics card or system stability

• I've been dealing with a severe system issue for some time that seems to come and go depending on updates. At first this appeared during a portion of time with my old graphics cards. I ended up getting a nvidia GTX 750 Ti that seemed to work wonders for several months until the final release of the necromancer and season 11.

I managed to play and get my monk to level 3 before it crashed, since then I can only sit in town. The moment I load into any map I crash. To the point where my computer has to be fully restarted so I can't even get an error message. I do not think for a moment that the necromancer is the cause of my errors because I was a beta tester. I just simply crash no matter what character, and no matter the map.

Here are my computer specs:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 70 °C
    Deneb 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78T-E (AM3) 56 °C
    Graphics
    ASUS VW266H ([email protected])
    NS-19E320A13 ([email protected])
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (Undefined)
    ForceWare version: 385.69
  • Hi there Nerdy,

Thanks for reaching out to us, we love to help out where we can. Fro mthis post, are you saying that your CPU is hitting 70 °C ?

10/17/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Nerdy

CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 70 °C

I ask as the max for this CPU is 71 °C per AMD. This means you may be down throttling due to heat.

/Nathardrick
  • Hey Nerdy,

Thanks for getting back to me on this thread. In this case, I do understand that 70c may have been fine before, but running at cap temp for long periods of time can and will damage the CPU over time. These numbers are placed by the manufacture for safety reasons. If the CPU is not damaged, getting that temperature down while you play should resolve the problem.

Some things you could try are as follows:

• Selective startup - This will reduce the number of Processes that are running when you play the game.
    • Blowing out the computer of built up dust.

I would also check out our heat page.

If you think that heat is not the issue, please still try the Selective startup as it will also disable any conflicting programs.

If you would like to continue this conversation, I think at this point it would be best to open a tech support ticket with a msinfo.

/Nathardrick