D3D Error

• "Diablo III was unable to initialize D3D. Click OK to retry."

This error occurs on two occasions.
    1) When I load the game itself, EVERY TIME
    2) When i ALT+Tab out of screen then try to re-open the game. (Often, but not always)

On top of this, the screen seems to struggle to open the window, in the sense that it is flickering off and on while trying to open. Sometimes my left monitor even loses signal for a bit.

The error only comes up once, and when i hit OK, it fixes it. however, this has become so annoying that i have been playing other games strictly to avoid it.

The game also seems to mess with my multi monitor setup. any assistance will be helpful.

(I am running on a 3 monitor set up, game on the Center Screen)
    SPECS
    I5 6400K
    Nvidea GTX 1070 8GB
    16GB Vengaence Ram 2200MHz
    3X Asus 24' 144Hz monitors
  • NightFan,

First off lets try running Diablo in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen to see if that helps. You also want to make sure all your refresh rates match what your monitor is set to. In same cases when these are not set the same they can cause trouble. I also recommend the following steps:

Make sure your graphics card is fully updated

Try running Diablo 3 in 32bit mode.
    Select the game in the Blizzard Desktop App and click .
    Click Game Settings.
    Select Launch 32-bit client (instead of 64-bit).
    Click Done and launch the game normally.

Delete both Battle.net and Blizzard entertainment files.

If you continue having issues, please post your DxDiag and paste the contents of the Text document you just made into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.

~ Zayssie
  • NightFang,

Try disabling or uninstalling Display Fusion and see if it helps.