Tower of Cursed level 1 - Freezing

• Hello, people!

I'm trying to kill Cydaea, but my PC freezes in the same point every time in Tower of Cursed lelvel one. It freezes and I don't receive any message. I'm using a HP pavilion dv6, i5 M450 @ 2.4 Ghz, windows 7 64 bits with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470.

I'm already made the check for errors within the Bnet app.

Please, help me.
  • Hello FredSVieira,

I understand that your PC is freezing when trying to kill Cydaea at the same point each time. There could be a couple of different things causing this to happen, so I'd like you to try the following troubleshooting:

1) Lets first make sure that both your Windows OS and drivers are up to date.

Updating your drivers

2) Try resetting the in-game settings through the Blizzard app. In the app go to Settings -> Game Settings -> Reset in-game options for Diablo 3

3) Lastly, it is possible that another program or process is interfering with the game. Try rebooting in Selective Startup to shut down as many background processes as possible.

If you still need help please go ahead and post the contents of your DXDIAG.

Hope this helps!
  • Hey again Fred,

It looks like you're still using an older AMD display driver from 2010. Try downloading and installing the most recent driver for your video card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470) which is from 2015:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

(Download the Catalyst Software Suite from the link above)
  • Hey again Fred,

You might want to find your specific model on the HP Support website and see if there is a newer driver compatible there since the driver directly from AMD wasn't working.

I recommend updating the sound driver as well if there is one newer than 2010.

You can also try running CCleaner like Belzemuth mentioned above to see if that improves things.