latency Issue / 64bit - 32bit

• I was having an issue with latency recently when playing i was getting a average latency of 400 - 600ms i read somewhere to try running the 32bit version and tried it and it worked i was back to getting 100 - 150ms. Now i am running a 64bit version of windows 10 and have a high end gaming PC so it isn't a problem with the computer itself. There seems to be an issue with the 64bit client, just thought i would let you know
  • Hey there!

There could be a few things happening here. Specifically A driver issue affecting performance, an issue with the game client or its settings, or interference from another program on the system.

Make Sure your OS and Video Drivers are up to date:

For AMD video cards go here.
    For Intel go here.
    For all Nvidia Video cards go here.

Flush your DNS Settings.

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 20 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use Google's free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers.

For testing purposes to rule out a potential router issue, please temporarily bypass the router and plug directly into your modem. We only need to do this to test the simplest possible setup and see if the issue is affected in any way so you do not need to keep this setup once we are done troubleshooting.

If you are using a wireless connection, we ask that (just for testing) you try a wired connection directly to the router or modem. This will allow us to troubleshoot without the worry about interference and instability that is inherent with wireless connections. Once troubleshooting has been completed you can go back to wireless if you want.

Let's reset the in game user options:
    1. Click the blue bnet icon on the bnet app.
    2. Choose settings, then game settings.
    3. Click the reset in game user options button under the correct game listing.
    4. Confirm the changes and close the window.

Run the Scan and Repair tool.

Try running your system in selective startup mode.

If that doesn't help, let's take a look at your connection:

Run a WinMTR Test.
  • When it comes down to it, we need the information we ask for in order to investigate. If you don't want to work with us to help you, that is completely your choice but it does limit our ability to help you.

We monitor our networks and servers around the clock. Issues do sometimes happen but we typically resolve them within a few minutes to a few hours.

We however have no control over your system, your network or your connection to us. (Which can pass through 2 dozen network nodes and half a dozen different companies. Different for every connection you make to any service.)

So we have our network and servers covered. If there is an issue, we will announce it on our twitter and here in the forums. If you experience an issue outside of that, then it's up to you do the steps we ask and give us the information we seek so we can investigate.

At this point this thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere that would help us help you so I am going to go ahead and lock it down. If you are currently experiencing an issue related to that of the OP. Follow the steps I originally posted. If those steps do not solve your trouble, gather the information I asked for in those steps, create a new post reporting your trouble and post the results there.