Random PC Restart..?

• Recently (As of today, actually.) Every time I start up Diablo 3 and enter the game my PC restarts. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I the only one?
  • Sabbath,

It may actually be crashing with a BSOD (Blue Scren of Death) or it could be severely overheating or drawing too much power for your power supply to provide.

In the case of a possible BSOD, try turning off the "automatic restart" option on your computer. This way, the computer will display an error message instead of rebooting each time the error occurs.

Windows XP:

Click on the "Start" button
    Right-click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties"
    Click on the "Advanced" tab
    Click on the "Settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" box
    Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" option
    Click "OK"

Windows Vista/7:

Click on the "Start" button
    Right Click on "Computer" and choose "Properties"
    Click on the Advanced tab
    Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.
    In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
    Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
    Click OK in the System Properties window.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see how hot it's getting inside, Download and run HWMonitor from: http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.20-setup.exe

Now start the game and let it sit on the character selection screen a few minutes. Then exit or alt-tab out and see what the highest temperature is that was reached for both the cpu and gpu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For the power supply, we'd really need to know the make and model to see if it's adequate. We'd also need to see your dxdiag information.

You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
    Click on Run
    Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
    Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it ALL here.