photographic evidence the barber has been nerfed.

• Check this barber out, it dropped today for me.

http://imgur.com/t9dGMSx
  • 01/08/2017 04:25 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
    I'm using it with a build I'm working on and I like it even though it's not doing insane amounts of godly damage like on the ptr.

Glad you're liking the revamped Barber! As more people play with this item, there will doubtless be interesting new builds they create that are worth trying out.

It's also worth noting that with the changes to certain items in patch 2.4.3, we've seen players talk about how these compare to the most powerful Legendary and Set items available in the game.

To clarify, our goal when updating Legendary items is to open up new build opportunities for players to explore. Along with this, it's important to note that not every item is designed to push the current best Greater Rift level. Some will be better for speed farming builds, and others will simply be a means to create fun novelty builds (like Manajuma's Way, for instance).

There's more than one way to compare an item's relative worth, and more than one way to incorporate it into various builds. Even so, I'm glad to see people trying the new items out and sharing their experiences. It helps, for sure!
  • 01/11/2017 04:37 PMPosted by Drothvader
    01/11/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Tyvalir
    Glad you're liking the revamped Barber!

Is it really not guaranteed elemental damage though?

Also, putting The Barber on your follower causes them to instantly commit seppuku and keel over dead.

The issue occurring between The Barber and your followers has been fixed (yay).

As for the weapon not rolling the additional damage modifier, that does seem buggy - I will pass this on, and thanks for reporting it!