Latency, FPS drop, and more...Unplayable

• I know a lot of people are complaining about this, but I'm seeing separate issues in different posts and I want to post because I'm legitimately getting all of them. To be noted this has ONLY started since the new patch. None of these issued existed previously.

Issues: Massive FPS drop (Normally around 300+, currently at 60-130), Latency issues (Normally around 70-100, currently at 200-500 during spikes), generalized lag (even with low latency, still getting no response from hitting abilities, etc...), and full disconnects from the server.

What I have done: Swapped between windowed/fullscreen, reset client to 32bit launch, checked all drivers, power cycled my router/modem, connected directly to the modem (always have been), made exceptions in firewall for all files and folders connected to any Battle net games including Diablo 3.

PC Specs:
    MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Mobo
    Intel i7 6700K
    16GB Hyper X Savage Ram 2400 MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB
    128GB SSD for OS
    256GB SSD for Battle net games
    2 TB HDD for storage

I know you guys are swamped currently, but ANYTHING you find out please let me know. It is truly making the game unplayable and very discouraging for anyone trying to grind. Thank you.
  • Hey there Shad0w,

We are looking into an issue right now where being in large communities can cause performance issues (can cause latency issues in some cases as well). If you are a part of any communities can you try temporarily leaving all of them to see if that improves things? This is being looked into as a bug so if you do not wish to leave the communities and would rather wait to see if a bug fix corrects thigns that is totally understandable.

If that doesn't end up helping please go ahead and post your DXDIAG and a pathping connection test for us.
  • Hey again Shad0w,

0 DESKTOP-V6N6T84.hsd1.nh.comcast.net [192.168.1.101]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% hoodkroft2 [192.168.1.1]
    2/ 100 = 2% |
    2 9ms 3/ 100 = 3% 1/ 100 = 1% 96.120.69.17
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    3 9ms 2/ 100 = 2% 0/ 100 = 0% ge-1-9-ur02.brockton.ma.boston.comcast.net [68.87.155.189]

I've highlighted the concerning bits from the pathping above. The test is showing that you're getting around 2-3% packet loss and this is happening after the connection leaves your router. The connection between PC and router appears fine with 0% packet loss, but then it jumps up to 2% when the connection leaves the router and travels over to the Comcast network. The packet loss continues throughout the rest of the test, sometimes jumping up to 6-7%. This type of packet loss, although it may seem minor, could definitely cause the increased latency and disconnections.

I know the Northeast has been getting hit pretty hard with snow these last couple of days, perhaps that could explain the sudden issues. I would definitely recommend contacting Comcast to see if they can investigate this further. They may end up needing to send a technician out to check the devices or lines outside of your home.

As for the FPS drops, those could potentially be related to the packet loss affecting the connection. I would say if the general Diablo 3 performance troubleshooting doesn't help with the FPS drops that you should wait to see if the FPS improves on its own once the connection is stable and not dropping packets.

Hope this info helps!