Razer Mamba TE stops working when Diablo III Launches

• Hey Everyone,

Got a strange issue involving my Razer Mamba TE mouse and Diablo III. If you're not familiar with the mouse it's one that lights up and has multiple colour schemes. I have mine set to a multi-colour, wave effect. When Diablo III starts, the colour changes to solid red. After about 10 minutes the mouse ceases to function. Unplugging it and plugging it back in will get it to work again briefly but it stops working, again, within 10 minutes. After closing Diablo III, the mouse will return to its normal function.

I tried Hearthstone, Heroes and Starcraft... All those games work fine with the mouse. I have a backup mouse from Microsoft and I tested that with Diablo III. The mouse works flawlessly.

I've restarted my computer and updated the Razer mouse drivers but nothing has worked. The problem seems very specific to Razer mice and Diablo III. I'm hoping that someone might have a solution.

Thanks!!!
  • I would definitely start with completely removing all Razer software to see if that helps. If it does I would try to reinstall Razer's software.

However if you continue to have issues I would try an alternative mouse so we can make sure it is just this particular mouse and then we can go from there.