Starter Edition won't upgrade to Standard

• Cue
    Downloaded the client on the night of the 14th and used a guest pass to register.
    Apparently there is only 1 client to install the game (no distinction between starter/standard)

On the 15th, logged in to battle.net and entered the standard account. I can clearly see the the copy of Diablo 3 as "Standard Edition".

Launched the game, logged in and can still see the "Upgrade banner" on the top right. Went all the way to the black king, and as soon as I did the last blow, I got a big dialog prompting me to upgrade.

Did download the client again, installed second time, no dice.
    Completely removed the game, installed from the hard copy DVD that I bought, still getting the same "upgrade now" banner.

Haven't been able to find a similar post, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something. Did send an email via the "Customer Services" option within the game and awaiting for a reply.
  • If you recently purchased D3 within the last 72 hours, then this does happen. After the payment has been fully processed, then restriction swill be lifted and you can play as normal.
  • 06/21/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Tiapriestess
    If you recently purchased D3 within the last 72 hours, then this does happen. After the payment has been fully processed, then restriction swill be lifted and you can play as normal.

You guys need to find a better way of handling this. Having a limitation on for this long means that the average player will reach their level cap (13) within an hour, maybe two tops, and have nothing to do for the rest of the wait time. That's simply unacceptable.

I'm not even going to sugar coat this - Blizzard needs to stop punishing legitimate players and start working on real security on their end. It's about time Blizzard started shaping up, because a lot of customers are running into ridiculous crap like this, then seeing your game's current state of affairs and shipping out.

The very first thing I'd have done if I saw this was being done to me, was to contact my CC company and have them issue a stop payment for not receiving the product I paid for, and then I'd never come back to the company that did this disservice to me again. Ever.

Find another way to deal with your botters and stop screwing us over.

This happens in World of Warcraft. If you do a digital purchase, you still have trial restrictions for the first 72 hours. The bank hasn't fully verified the funds yet, as this shows up as authorization pending. The payment can be declined anytime during this process. 72 hours is typically the longest the bank will take to verify the funds. Sometimes the funds are verified faster, which means you won't have to wait 72 hours.
  • We're working on updating the Starter Edition Error for D3 Digital purchases. You can read more about this here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/6473746
  • Are you able to try again YiSgeng003 and see if the issue persists?
  • This mainly can be resolved with a password reset. Can you try it out and see if it works?
  • Hey Artemis,

This looks like it was resolved already. Let me know if this is not the case.
  • Have you tried to reset your password to see if this issue isn't related to stuck cache? Many times this has helped.
  • Hey Valentino,

I did not see anything on your account that should be stopping you from having full access to Diablo IIl. I did refresh your account on the servers to make sure they all show you do have full access to it. Please do log in again to see if you have full access.