"The folder you selected..." Install problems

• Hi guys, I'm trying to install Diablo III onto my B: drive because my C: drive is a small SSD used for Windows install files and other important files of mine.
    Whenever I try to install onto my B: drive I keep getting the error "The folder you selected cannot be used. Please select a different folder."

My B: drive is a 500GB hard drive so I definitely have enough room. I'm not sure what it could be and installing the game on my SSD C: drive is out of the question. Please help. Thank you!

I have tried running the install as administrator, still the same issue.
  • Cleaveftw ,

You can't use the drive letters A or B with the installer as they're not allowed. (reserved for floppy drives)

You'll need to change the drive letter of the drive.

What folder name did you tell it to use? I need the full path starting with the drive letter.

Are you using the presale client to install or the new streaming installer?

It's where you would have found the installer today. They replaced the old one with a new one. I'm not sure what time they did this so you may have just missed it. The new one downloads and installs the game in one step. It worked well for me internally. Start to finish in about 25 minutes on our admittedly fast net connection :)

I'd try it as it sounds like your presale client is corrupted somewhere.

I cant initiate a refund on your behalf, that's something you'd have to call in for I'm afraid.