My follower, the templar has disappeared?

• After playing multiplayer on a quest it took my follower away since i was working with another player, but when i went back to my single player game, my follower is nowhere to be found.
  • We agree that, for newer players (or for players who are new to playing in multiplayer games), it can be confusing the first time you leave a multiplayer game and discover that your hired follower is no longer following you. Most players assume that your follower should automatically rejoin you when returning to a single-player game, and it's not really communicated well in the UI that it doesn’t work that way.

We also agree that having to return to town each time you leave a multiplayer game to re-hire your follower is annoying. We already have plans to change it so that, after leaving a multiplayer game, your last hired follower will be restored automatically for you. It would work this way even if you left a multiplayer game and then logged out; the next time you logged in and picked up your single-player game, your follower would be waiting for you. (Of course, you’d still need to go back to town if you wanted to change followers, same as now.)
  • Oh, and PS - we're also looking to reduce the frequency of follower dialog. While we don't have any plans at this time to allow players to turn off the dialog completely, we have heard your feedback that you feel followers should be a bit more...terse. :)
  • 08/02/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Cavar
    Hopefully the follower will gain some smarts too and stop attacking mobs when I don't want him to.

Haha. They are a pretty excitable bunch, aren't they?

We want to improve follower AI, absolutely -- probably not for 1.0.4, but definitely for the future. This would of course include working to make it so that your followers don't go all LEEEEERRROOOOY JEEEENNNKINS on nearby monsters which you haven't yet attacked (like treasure goblins, Elites, etc).
  • 08/02/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Bail
    I still wonder why you say "hire" when you're not paying them or when there is no cost involved when "hiring" them. I know in D2 you had to pay a price to rez your follower, but here there seems to be no tie between gold and your follower.

It's just habit, personally.
  • 08/02/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Mordikye
    Can we get some of that LERRROOOY JENKINS work done on pets, like bats and such? Have had them tag goblins when I'm not ready.

We'd also look at the AI for pets, minions, summons (etc) -- not just followers.