List of newbie questions.

• Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to this game, and I had a list of questions. Rather than make a thread for each I'll just ask them all here, and I'd greatly appreciate any veteran players helping a newbie out with these doubts. Lets begin.

1: Increasing the difficulty increases gold and exp, but what about drop rates for items? is it more likely to obtain legendaries in Expert/Master/whatever, than it would in Normal?

2: What's the lowest level a weapon can get a socket? I'm talking about craftable weapons I tried to obtain a socketed crossbow on a lvl 20 demon hunter and despite crafting about 50 of them, not one of them had sockets.

3: What's the more time-efficient way to obtain gold? Soloing rifts in Torment? or going at it with a friend?

4: I'm missing a few conversations needed for the achievements in act V. Namely, I missed the coversation with the Templar called "Future with Eireena" and the conversation with Tyrael called "Sliver of the Stone" and one with Shen called "The Search". What did I do wrong? was I supposed to talk to them at a very specific spot?

5: Related to the previous point, I also am missing two key pieces of conversation with Shen that I don't know how to properly trigger, "The Stranger" in act 1, and "The Desert Heat" in act 2.

6: This one is related to the new Seasons coming up in the patch, if I participate on them, all my learned recipes (the ones you get randomly as drops) are gone too?

7: I see this option on the only character I've completed the campaign with, called "Reset Quests". What sort of bonuses are given for completely deleting all my progress on the campaign?

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for your time.
  • Gonna chime in here as well. *Apologies if there are any redundancies, I see that Lupo, Grovel and the Duck already offered some solid info.

06/26/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Derah
    1: Increasing the difficulty increases gold and exp, but what about drop rates for items? is it more likely to obtain legendaries in Expert/Master/whatever, than it would in Normal?

Legendary item drop rates don’t actually change until Torment I, and some Legendary items (sometimes referred to as “Torment-only Legendaries”) will not drop until at least that difficulty is selected. Beyond that, the chance for Legendary items to drop will increase exponentially with each subsequent Torment level.

2: What's the lowest level a weapon can get a socket? I'm talking about craftable weapons I tried to obtain a socketed crossbow on a lvl 20 demon hunter and despite crafting about 50 of them, not one of them had sockets.

The lowest level that a weapon will roll with a socket is 15.

3: What's the more time-efficient way to obtain gold? Soloing rifts in Torment? or going at it with a friend?

Speaking personally, if you’re looking to stock up on gold, you might consider temporarily spending Paragon points on Gold Find, hunting down some Legendary items like Goldskin or Gladiator’s Gauntlets, or even rerolling some stats on your existing gear (if you’re at a point where you can afford it, of course). Not only do Gold Find bonuses on items stack multiplicatively with the bonuses provided by difficulty, but there’s also no cap on the amount of Gold Find you can get from items and Paragon points.

As far as what’s most efficient, it’s really up to you. Playing in a group can be really rewarding since the “Playing With Friends” bonus also provides a scaling bonus to Gold Find, and that bonus stacks multiplicatively with the Gold Find bonuses provided by difficulty. If you can swing it, party up with 3 other people and run on the highest difficulty you can muster. But, if the game’s more fun running solo, or if you feel like you’re more efficient on your own, then that’s probably what’s best for you.

Multiplayer bonuses: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/playing-with-friends#multiplayer-bonuses

Difficulty bonuses: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#pc

Gold Find changes in Patch 2.0.5: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14138344#general

4: I'm missing a few conversations needed for the achievements in act V. Namely, I missed the coversation with the Templar called "Future with Eireena" and the conversation with Tyrael called "Sliver of the Stone" and one with Shen called "The Search". What did I do wrong? was I supposed to talk to them at a very specific spot?

5: Related to the previous point, I also am missing two key pieces of conversation with Shen that I don't know how to properly trigger, "The Stranger" in act 1, and "The Desert Heat" in act 2.

Your best bet is to talk to each character each time you complete a sub-objective in Campaign mode. I’d also encourage you to look online for related guides. There are many resources out there that can help you along the way. Here are just two examples:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10218271757

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427732810

6: This one is related to the new Seasons coming up in the patch, if I participate on them, all my learned recipes (the ones you get randomly as drops) are gone too?

Learned recipes will migrate over to your non-Seasonal artisans once the Season concludes.

Additionally, gold, Paragon experience, blood shards, shared stash items, unlocked tabs, and artisan levels will also eventually merge with your account’s non-Seasonal profile.

7: I see this option on the only character I've completed the campaign with, called "Reset Quests". What sort of bonuses are given for completely deleting all my progress on the campaign?

There are several benefits for electing to choose the “Reset Quests” option.

• For accounts which have not been upgraded to Reaper of Souls, Legendaries are guaranteed to drop again from the Act bosses for characters 1-59.
    • Additionally, you will receive a guaranteed Legendary drop from Diablo (if you don’t have the expansion), or a guaranteed Legendary from Malthael (if you do have the expansion).
    • Lastly, you’ll earn full experience and rewards from quests. For clarity, whenever you use "Reset Quest," not only does your quest progression reset, but the gold and EXP rewards also reset. This will give you the opportunity to earn those higher "first time quest complete" reward values again.

Some additional information:
    • In order to be eligible to use Reset Quest, your character needs to have completed every single quest and quest objective in the current campaign.
    • Moreover, once you've used Reset Quest, you will not be able to use the feature again until your character has re-completed every single quest and quest objective in the campaign. (It should also be noted that the UI will now highlight which quests have not yet been completed.)

I hope this information helps you! May the demons tremble in your shadow, and the loot goblins rise up to meet you!
  • 06/26/2014 06:58 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
    Also interesting you mention merging at seasons end but your list of things that merge doesnt include characters or items in your characters bags while you do mention shared stash specifically. Are the characters just deleted (maybe immortalized like dead HC guys?) or did you just forget them in your list of things that merge back into non-season?

I want to get clarification before I respond to this any further. I'll return when that info is available.

06/26/2014 07:40 PMPosted by Derah
    Thank you very much for your time, it was very VERY informative to learn all of this.

You got it Derah, happy to assist!

06/26/2014 09:11 PMPosted by Zeyta
    Araxom you are one of my favorite blues! Please keep posting!

Thanks Zeyta! :D

06/26/2014 11:28 PMPosted by Eschaton
    Araxom is the bomb. He even drops in on MMO-C once in a while to solve some player account issues.

I'm an internet astronaut, it's what I do! ;)

06/27/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Ronald
    How does this work exactly when the stash tabs are FULL, in both the regular realms and the season realm.

Do they become "remove only" tabs. Are they mailed to the player in the form of 'mailed items' ?

Items in your Seasonal shared stash will indeed be mailed to your non-Seasonal characters after a Season concludes. Similar to how mailed items work currently, all non-Seasonal characters on your account should be able to retrieve them. More info to come.
  • Hope everyone's weekend was filled with little Loot Goblins scrambling for their lives. In regards to Duck's previous question…

06/26/2014 06:58 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
    Also interesting you mention merging at seasons end but your list of things that merge doesnt include characters or items in your characters bags while you do mention shared stash specifically. Are the characters just deleted (maybe immortalized like dead HC guys?) or did you just forget them in your list of things that merge back into non-season?

The exact details on what happens to Seasonal characters have not yet been determined. Once the design and mechanics are a bit further along, we'll be sure to share that information with you. Thanks for your interest, the great questions, and all the awesome feedback that’s been contributed to our PTR forums so far – please keep it coming!

On that note, if you have feedback on patch 2.1.0, please be sure to post in our PTR Feedback forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/14579125/

Much appreciated!