Proper way to uninstall the Beta

• Probably not going to have any opportunities to play more of the beta before the end on May 1. What is the proper way to uninstall the beta on the Mac so that the retail version installs without issue? Can I just drag the "Diablo III Beta" folder to the trash?

I should mention that I'm on OS X Lion, if that matters at all. I also have an app called AppCleaner, but as this is a Beta, I don't expect that app to know anything about it.
  • This is the best way to uninstall the beta completely.

In order to remove Diablo III Beta safely from your system, you will need to:
      1. Navigate Mac HD/Applications directory and move your Diablo III Beta to the Trash
      2. Navigate Mac HD/Users/Shared directory and move the Battle.net folder to the Trash
      3. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard directory and remove the Diablo III folder
      4. Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences directory and delete any files that begin with com.blizzard

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
  • So am I. Now I just need an excuse to not be at work.

*cough* I think I feel a cold coming on. It won't be here till May 15th, so I am scheduling a sick day in advance. *cough*.

• 04/18/2012 09:44 AMPosted by SuperRob
    Is trashing the Battle.Net folder in Shared going to affect Starcraft II? I did noticed that in ~/Library/Preferences, I did have a com.blizzard.StarCraft II Retail.prefs, that I assume should not be deleted.

That specific Battle.net folder if for D3. There is another one located in the Blizzard folder in that same directory that is for SC2.

You can delete that preference file as well. Any ones that are for other Blizzard games get re-created. This also is for plist files that are shared for different games (Blizzard Downloader ones for example).