Falling Objects

• Blizzard I have noticed on people youtube videos that when their hero/champion strikes down a bookcase or lights and it lands on a minion it doesnt kill them it just drops straight through them and the enemy carries on coming at you, maybe you could change this so that if say a demonhunter sees a large horde of enemies coming and shoots a bookcase to slow them down they die underneath it or have to climb over giving the demonhunter more time to shoot at them?

Also i have noticed from peoples youtube videos that the enemies in d3 can go straight through mechanical traps like a stretching devise to tear bodies apart, such as the things you see in diablo 2 barracks when killing the smith for the malus, like i said before could you change this so that the enemies have to either climb over, go under or go around them not just run through them? I'm aware that the hero/champion can destroy these devises but if the hero/champion chooses not the the enemies still just run through them like they arent there...?

For example in this video at 15:33 the hero/champion drops a massive firey ball on to some zombies really clumped up together but it only kills 3 out of the rest i think it shudda killed them all as to me it looks like it covers the whole area when it drops...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2strategy#p/c/17C66FABF7A6BC42/0/6zlD_M62ADk

Also in 19:24 it shows the hero/champion hit a wall down onto a group of zombies and the wall big heavy wall lands on the hero/champion but it doesnt kill or even injure the hero/champion i think if ur under a wall it would hurt just a little...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2strategy#p/c/17C66FABF7A6BC42/0/6zlD_M62ADk
  • 28/09/2011 12:54Posted by Pipsqueaks
    Also in 19:24 it shows the hero/champion hit a wall down onto a group of zombies and the wall big heavy wall lands on the hero/champion but it doesnt kill or even injure the hero/champion i think if ur under a wall it would hurt just a little...

To touch on this topic, this was actually a concept that we looked into and we did try to play around with it for a while, but unfortunately it did not work out as well as we would have hoped. We have major concerns that allowing debris to damage players will end up as a means for griefers to disrupt or discourage group play. :(

This unfortunately means that we will not be implementing such a system for the foreseeable future