Pre download is taking forever!

• Is this just a case of too many leeches and not enough seeds? I've been DLing this thing for days. I don't know if it'll even be ready for the release!

Is this normal? Any other way to DL the client?
  • Chito,

Are you sure it's not done? What does it say on the progress bar? You may just be seeding it to others now.

Can you give me an example path name you've tried to use?

The message about the firewall shouldn't actually be a warning or error message, it's just informational, alerting you to the fact the downloader appears to be behind a firewall, which could affect the performance it has downloading.

If you use a software firewall, you might consider disabling it altogether while downloading the client as it's possible to make a mistake when trying to make allowances to actually be creating obstacles. Disabling it will remove it from the equation so we'll know if it's affecting anything or not.

You'd also want to make sure when you start the downloader that you do so as an administrator, if you use Windows 7 or Vista. To do that, right click the icon and you'll see that listed as an option.

If the symptom is the firewall message and the poor performance, it would suggest a connection issue still. Where exactly is the firewall you've made configuration changes to? If it's in your router, perhaps your modem also has an internal firewall in use?

Also, if you check under the Downloader's View Preferences, make sure the enable Peer to Peer option is not checked. You might try checking the other one though, "Don't throttle background download"