This weekend, from Friday to Monday, in celebration of the halloween, players will receive a +100% bonus to their gold find and experience gain. Farming those paragon levels just got easier. Wanted a reason to play Diablo over the weekend? Here it is!
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Post)Somewhere between the High Heavens and the Pandemonium Fortress linger spirits who hunger for the company of wandering nephalem. . . . This weekend, we invite you to take part in a celebration honoring these ancient ghosts of the fallen. All mortals who log in to Diablo III this weekend on any platform will receive a +100% bonus to Gold Find and EXP! As with previous buffs, the bonuses provided will stack multiplicatively with existing in-game bonuses, including those provided by items, shrines, Pools of Reflection, and Paragon points. This bonus Gold Find and Experience period begins in the Americas region on Friday, October 31 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Monday, November 3 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Have a ghoulishly good time, heroes. If perchance you fall victim to the things that go bump in the night, be not afraid . . . you'll have plenty of company on the other side.
*For PC, the buff will start and end at the noted times in each gameplay region according to its local time zone (PDT/PST for the Americas, CET for Europe, and KST for Asia). For console, the buff will start and end in all regions at the same time, listed above. For time zone assistance, click here.
Thibbledorf's "Venomous Horde" WD
This weeks Play Your Way build is focused on two signature themes of the Witch Doctor - pets and poison magic.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Post)Poisonous voodoo magic and terrifying companions are both signatures of the Witch Doctor. In this week's Play Your Way Thursday, Thibbledorf#1559 capitalizes on those traditions with a build that ensures the floor is not only slathered with acid, but spiders as well. Horrible, horrible spiders.
About the Build:The core of Thibbledorf's "Venomous Horde" build is in summoning a variety of temporary allies and leveraging them to keep your squishy Witch Doctor (and his teammates) safe! While accomplishing this, it does its fair share of amplified damage by taking advantage of the powerful Legendary affix from The Grin Reaper. It's already pretty terrifying to face a master of voodoo armed with creepy crawlers and various poisons. When you double or even triple it? Let the nightmares begin.
Spiders. Why'd it have to be spiders? While the build truly shines with a couple of key items, they aren't completely necessary and this build is worth trying out even if you've only acquired a smattering of Legendaries. Be prepared to keep an active eye on cooldowns, though. There's a lot to micromanage with so many spiders, acid blobs, zombie walls, and pirhanados on the battlefield!
The Items:There are certainly a few items you're going to want to prioritize in your search to make the most of this build. Try spending your Blood Shards on a helm and a solid weapon first before moving on to collecting the individual pieces of your Helltooth Harness set.
Helltoofguud's Helltooth set is, well, pretty good! Required Items:
- The Grin Reaper
- Massively increases the damage capabilities of this build
- Makes abilities like Corpse Spiders (Spider Queen) really shine
- Helltooth Harness (6-Piece Bonus)
- Ring of Royal Grandeur
Recommended Legendary Gems:
- Thing of the Deep
- Massive amount of Increased Pickup Radius provides consistent bonuses from Grave Injustice
- Rhen’ho Flayer
- Gem of Efficacious Toxin will compliment your Poison skills nicely, applying a beefy damage over time to every enemy you engage.
- Enforcer benefits all pets, regardless of their temporary nature; this provides a boost to your numerous Spider Queens and Lob Blob Bombs from The Grin Reaper's Mimics, as well as your Fetish Sycophants.
- Pain Enhancer can be applied by your pets, so with great Critical Hit Chance comes great additional damage when using this gem.
- There are a lot of cooldown-reliant skills in this build, so your primary focus will certainly want to be Cooldown Reduction. This will increase not only your damage, but your ability to maintain valuable crowd control.
- Poison Damage is a natural go-to with this skill selection. However, there's no room to fit in an Andariel’s Visage orSwampland Waders, so keep an eye out for this valuable stat on your Ring and Amulet slots.
- Bonus Gold and Health Pickup will increase the effectiveness of Grave Injustice and allow you to more consistently benefit from its buff, making this a nice Secondary property to hunt.
Hardcore High GR Gameplay
Drahque, whose record breaking HC gameplay we showed some time ago, has sent us more very high level HC footage. This week his team to grab the rank #1 from both the 2P and 3P GR leaderboards back. Below is their 2 player run on a level 44 GR. Hardcore is serious business for some players!