Overheating CPU from D3 Beta

• Hey, just wanted to say whenver I play D3 beta, at any random time my system will half-shut down. It won't restart or anything like that, but there will be no sound, display, or anything. when I manually restart my computer, I check the temperature on my CPU and its at 96 Degrees Celsius~ I don't overclock or anything, I have a AMD Phenom X6 1075T (3.0Ghz X 6)
    and a good radeon 6870. I can play CoD:MW3 or Mass Effect 3 for hours and never run into this problem. So I am sure it is a problem with Diablo 3 Beta.

Any tips, help would be awesome :) Figured you should know, since it IS a beta.
  • e4matt,

Honestly, if your cpu is getting to that high of a temp, I'd inspect the cpu cooler first to make sure it's installed properly.

@Midway - as you have a laptop, if the cpu or gpu are getting overheated, unplug it from the AC adapter, remove the battery, and open all the compartment doors you can to expose as much of the inside as you can. Then using a can of compressed air, carefully try to get all the accumulated dust out of it. Blow into the exhaust and intake vents as well. Use a laptop cooling pad while playing too if you aren't already.

Please feel free to contact a Support Representative directly if needed for further assistance. Contact information can be found at: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

• Ideon,

We're only able to see the same patch notes given to the public so I couldn't comment on any other changes made at this time.

My system here at work isn't acting any differently with patch 14 nor have I heard of any issues internally. Dual core Intel E8400 and an Nvidia GTX 550Ti. I'll try and remember to test my higher-end systems at home tonight and see if they're stressing any more than usual.

Please feel free to contact a Support Representative directly if needed for further assistance. Contact information can be found at: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

• Had a chance to check the cpu temp and loading on one of my home systems last night with patch 14 and didn't really see any issues. The cpu reached 58C max on one of the 4 cores (2600k @4.3 GHz with a Corsair H70 cooler) and as I recall, the load on the first core was around 40% in-game with the other three cores less than 10%. To be fair, I wasn't doing anything other than sitting in town for a few minutes.

If those of you experiencing overheating feel it's reproducible based on the actions you're taking in game, we need to know what those actions are so we can pass on the info to our QA team to be investigated.