Game freezes when creating a character

• Hi,

Haven’t been on Diablo since a long time and was trying to create a new character. However, whenever I click on create a new character, my screen gets black and I see the game only as a really pale background. It seems to load forever and everything freezes. I am on a Mac book pro and do not have any problems to start a new game and play. It seems to really be a problem with the game as it runs really smoothly and just does not seem to make the correct link to go to the character creation section. Help would be more than appreciated. I'm on Mac OS Sierra version 10.13.4 2,4 GHz intel core i5 processor. Thank you !
  • Hey Funkydonkey,

To help stop Diablo III from freezing I do have some steps for you to try that could help. Please do try them.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• Reset In-Game Options.
      1) Select the game in the Blizzard app and click Options .
      2) Click Game Settings.
      3) Click on Reset In-Game Options.
      4) Click Done and launch the game normally.

•High Sierra is currently on version 10.13.6. to be on the safe side update to the latest versions of High Sierra.

• It is possible another program could be interfering with Diablo III. To see if this is the case please run your computer with login items disabled.

• Post the Diablo III Error Logs. Paste the Diablo III Error Logs into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.